WANTED: Large Hooded Dryer

Lorraine

I'm looking for a hooded dryer that is large enough to sit under with large rollers. Any recommendations?

So am I!! The only one I have seen big enough for my head and rollers costs 200 bones - it is a professional one with a stand. I don't have that to spend.

Grey rollers won't fit under a regular table top. I just recieved the Pibbs Kwik 514 from Sallys as recommended by Honeyhips. It's a commerical dryer and costs about 279.

Lorraine said:
I'm looking for a hooded dryer that is large enough to sit under with large rollers. Any recommendations?

I use the Babybliss/Conair brand...it is the rollabout one.

I use greys, black and bigger ones that I fit into the dryer but the back ones stick out but they do dry..... the air blows down to those rollers.....it doest get as hot as the ones at the salon ( PIBBS ) but that is okay, I think I would hurt myself with those.

CaramelHonee has a Pibbs I think.....where are ya girl ;)

natalied said:
Grey rollers won't fit under a regular table top. I just recieved the Pibbs Kwik 514 from Sallys as recommended by Honeyhips. It's a commerical dryer and costs about 279.
Co-signing on this. And it dries so fast too. I first saw it in one of those fancy East Coast salons that will charge you $150-$200 for a relaxer and can charge tons for a wash and set. Believe me, it pays for itself quickly. Grey rollers fit under it easily and I have used black and purple rollers under it too. :yep:

Thank you ladies. Is there a web site where I can purchase it or a store? The only national stores near me are Cosmetic Store, Trade Secret, and Sallys. TIA:)

R U asking about the Pibbs? If so, you can order at any Sally's.

Lorraine said:
Thank you ladies. Is there a web site where I can purchase it or a store? The only national stores near me are Cosmetic Store, Trade Secret, and Sallys. TIA:)

nikki1971 said:
I would also suggest the Pibbs 514. I just purchased one recently and I love it!
co-signing 230%.
I have the Pibbs 518, which is not HOT, like the 514 (which is actually a benefit), but it's got incredible air making it easier to endure for long periods. I can get under the 514 or 518 with black rollers (2.5") w/o a problem.

My husband offered me as a gift a professional dryer made in Italy when I started again to rollerset. The brand is Artem.
It is very reliable and certainly a worthy investment. I highly recommend to choose a professional brand, it will make your life easier and it is worth the cost (easy to say as it was a gift ! )
I can sit under with a big number of 2 inches mesh rollers. It blows a lot of air. You can adjsut the temperature from cold to very hot. On this last setting, it is practically unbearable !
You can have a look at it at my Fotki
http://public.fotki.com/albane
Pw = hair

dont hesitate to pm me if you wish

albane said:
My husband offered me as a gift a professional dryer made in Italy when I started again to rollerset. The brand is Artem.
It is very reliable and certainly a worthy investment. I highly recommend to choose a professional brand, it will make your life easier and it is worth the cost (easy to say as it was a gift ! )
I can sit under with a big number of 2 inches mesh rollers. It blows a lot of air. You can adjsut the temperature from cold to very hot. On this last setting, it is practically unbearable !
You can have a look at it at my Fotki
http://public.fotki.com/albane
Pw = hair

dont hesitate to pm me if you wish
Albane. I see that you use those mesh rollers which are super strong and that I have only been able to find cheaply in France. Here in the States they are $40 a pack and I have not been able to find them recently. They are much stronger than the mesh rollers you find here in the States, so you are lucky to have easy access to them.

I bought a ton of them when I was in Paris but my problem is that I am not able to use them without my ends being crispy. When I use end papers it doesn't necessarily help because the end papers can make my ends crispy as well. I switched back to my plastic rollers for smoother ends but if you have tips about how to use the mesh rollers I would really appreciate it.

You ladies should check out the Pibbs 508, it is the same size and gets hotter than the 514 and is around a hundred dollars less. Where were you guys when I was selling mine on ebay? :lol:

Back