Want longer hair ? Reconstr w/ Most STRENGTH, Most SLIP...what will it be ?

thiccknlong

A good reconstructor or protein will really give your strands strength...but has some slip or doesn't leave it hard...

strength + slip = MAJOR hair LENGTH

What reconstructor/ protein that you've tried does this ?

New Era.
Has hydrolyzed animal protein, and lots of moisturizers. Goes in like shampoo, let it stand for 15-30 min, and detangles on the way out. But I still follow with a moisturizing conditioner.hth

1) Aphogee 2 Min Recontructor

2) Aveda DR Intensive Restructuring Treatment

3) Nexxus Enphuse

All three of these leave my hair soft but strong. I've never had tangling issues when using these. I've used Joico KPak Reconstructor and that left my hair soft but I can't remember if it gave any slip.

Last edited:
winterinatl said:
New Era.
Has hydrolyzed animal protein, and lots of moisturizers. Goes in like shampoo, let it stand for 15-30 min, and detangles on the way out. But I still follow with a moisturizing conditioner.hth

Does it really strengthens your hair, meaning it doesnt break easy afterwards ?

Where do you get it from ?

Thanks !

thicknlong said:
Does it really strengthens your hair, meaning it doesnt break easy afterwards ?

Where do you get it from ?

Thanks !

yes, especially if you go ahead and sit up under the dryer for 20 min. It smells nice as well, costs 4.99 for 8oz of liquid reconstructor, and I have found it at korean beauty supplies. I'm in the process of trying to post a pic for you...
p21600012gy6.jpg

Last edited:
Nexxus Enphuse

Aveda Deep Penetrating Hair Revitalizer

I don't use either of these often because too much protein leaves my hair hard and wiry feeling. But they both leave my hair feeling very strong.

p21600012gy6.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I almost bought this the other week. They had it on clearence for a $1.

I use Affirm 5n1. It's a reconstructor and it has incredible slip.

-Aphogee Intensive 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor
-Fantasia IC Super Concentrated Reconstructor

both have lots of slip and never leave my hair hard

Motions CPR in the bottle (not the one in the jar) is the only protein treatment that gives me good slip.

BBD stretch gives my hair the perfect balance of strength and moisture. Its pricey, but worth it. Its the first product of dozens Ive tried from this board that made a remarkable difference in my hair.

winterinatl said:
yes, especially if you go ahead and sit up under the dryer for 20 min. It smells nice as well, costs 4.99 for 8oz of liquid reconstructor, and I have found it at korean beauty supplies. I'm in the process of trying to post a pic for you...
p21600012gy6.jpg

This is sold at Sallys. I almost bought the shea butter deep conditioner by New Era last weekend.

ApHogee Intensive Keratin...leaves hair feeling soft and strong...detangles and soothes the scalp. I love it!

Chayil

Aphogee Intensive 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor gives me strength and slip...My hair loves this stuff!!! :)

I used Nexxus Enphuse today and really let it soak in for a couple of hours and the results were amazing. Other suggestions: Motions CPR and Aveda DR Reconstructor.

Co-signing with Motions CPR, but I use the one in the jar. My brastrap length hair slips right through the comb.

One thing I have noticed. Since my hair has gotten stronger and less porous, I have to space apart using Motions. I tried to use it 2 times in one week and my hair was a little heavy. I only use it once every 2 weeks now.

Thank you sooooo much ladies ! :kiss:

I'm going to ditch the heavy Apho for your recs...Apho Keratin 2 min and Motions CPR.....

After I've tried both, I'll let you know which gives the most STRENGTH and most SLIP....

And trust, b/c my hair is extra hard and extra tangled from birth, my hair is the perfect guinea pig for this test....

locabouthair : The heavy version of Apho does...VERY hard...as a brick ! You have to use moist's to help...but many times, it only helps me, it's still resistant feeling to a large degee...I think using it every 6 wks for my hair is overload...HTH ! :)

-Aphogee Intensive 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor
Makes my natural hair soft and strong, I love it!!!

Leslie_C said:
BBD stretch gives my hair the perfect balance of strength and moisture. Its pricey, but worth it. Its the first product of dozens Ive tried from this board that made a remarkable difference in my hair.

I agree...BBD Stretch has become a staple of mine because it works well on my hair.

I have hair that tangles after shampooing and AtOne Reconstructor detangles my hair very easy. I really recommend this brand.

april shower said:
could you post a picture of it?
MPPC16.jpg

Motions CPRâ„¢ Protein Reconstructor

A key member of the "Critical Protection & Repair®" family, CPR™ Protein Reconstructor helps repair severely damaged hair while helping to increase and maintain the overall healthy appearance of the hair!!

Power-packed with strengthening deep-penetrating proteins, conditioners, emollients and humectants with a soft, delightful fragrance!!

Shines, strengthens, conditions and moisturizes relaxed, natural, color-treated or heat styles - 24/7!!

I pretty much follow the directions. I sit under the dryer with it for about 20 minutes then use a moisturizing condish after, even though it dosen't feel like I need one using this. The bottle says you can leave it in for 3 to 5 minutes as well so I do that if I"m pressed for time.

krissyprissy said:
I have hair that tangles after shampooing and AtOne Reconstructor detangles my hair very easy. I really recommend this brand.

I second this as far as slip, I don't use it for protein though. I don't even think it contains protein.

Pokahontas said:
MPPC16.jpg

Motions CPRâ„¢ Protein Reconstructor

A key member of the "Critical Protection & Repair®" family, CPR™ Protein Reconstructor helps repair severely damaged hair while helping to increase and maintain the overall healthy appearance of the hair!!

Power-packed with strengthening deep-penetrating proteins, conditioners, emollients and humectants with a soft, delightful fragrance!!

Shines, strengthens, conditions and moisturizes relaxed, natural, color-treated or heat styles - 24/7!!

I like this product. I like it even better when I mix it with a deep conditioner of my choice.

Back