cowashing A LOT= overly moist hair! protein not working...help

**update**

so I washed my hair last nite with:
poo: motions cpr
con: Joico Kpak cond. (3 mins)
dc: aphogee 2min reconstructor (5-10 mins)

my hair was somewhat stronger. I did the wet assessment test on a couple of strands, and they still have a lot of elasticity (more than i want). they didn't really snap off like before...but I still think it can be stronger...

------------

Oh yeah...I experienced this early on in my journey when I was following the co-washing crew and didn't know a thing about my hair. My hair got sooooo mushy and then began to shed like crazy....I'm mean falling out everywhere.:nono: I did the hardcore aphogee (where you sit under the dryer until it hardens)....regular reconstructors and light protein can't handle that situation. I followed the aphogee with porosity control conditioner for 15 minutes no heat and then a DC. I saw improvement immediately but I had to do it a few times before I saw complete reversal of the situation. You may not be too far gone where one treatment can do the trick. HTH!

yes...i think im in agreement with u on the bolded. I may have to do this once more in order to see full improvement. I was hoping what i did last nite would do the trick...but i need more. i'm scared of doing another reconstructor treatment. so im not sure what im gonna do now

***UPDATE***

Well, on Saturday I:

-shampooed w/Nexxus Botanoil
-Did an emergencee treatment (10 min. under dryer no cap)
-Rinsed hair in shower---shampooed w/a little Keracare Hydrating shampoo
-Conditioned lightly with a little Nexxus humectress & HE Hello Hydration for about 2-3 min.

One thing I noticed immediately after rinsing the emergencee protein treatment out of my hair is that my hair automatically felt soo much stronger!! It was not as "soft", but more so a little stronger. :yep: My hair wasn't tangled either!

I liked the feeling, but I was nervous about my hair feeling TOO hard. I thought the protein treatment was going to leave my hair feeling too hard/a tangled mess, but it didn't!! :D I got nervous though, so that's why I followed up with a moisturizing shampoo to wash the protein out (kera care), and conditioned lightly with Humectress & Hello hydration.

I think I will do another protein treatment in another 4 weeks. I think I may need more protein than I think!

I too made the mistake (when I was new to my hair regimen) of co-washing and shampooing every 3 days, and not really replenishing the protein-moisture balance. I ended up with hair that was albeit soft, but very very mushy, easily tangled, frizzy, breaking, dull & lifeless. :(

Now I know that it's okay to add a little protein! :yep:

**update**

so I washed my hair last nite with:
poo: motions cpr
con: Joico Kpak cond. (3 mins)
dc: aphogee 2min reconstructor (5-10 mins)

my hair was somewhat stronger. I did the wet assessment test on a couple of strands, and they still have a lot of elasticity (more than i want). they didn't really snap off like before...but I still think it can be stronger...

------------

yes...i think im in agreement with u on the bolded. I may have to do this once more in order to see full improvement. I was hoping what i did last nite would do the trick...but i need more. i'm scared of doing another reconstructor treatment. so im not sure what im gonna do now

Glad to hear its a little better. Let us know how it goes once you try again. The Joico Kpak has a good amount of protein in it. That may be enough when you wash again w/o having to do a reconstructor.

2nd UPDATE:......I used aphogee 2 min for a second say straight. I kept it on for 10-15 with heat. As i washed this out, my hair was hard like...so i dc'ed with miss keys 10 en 1..with hairveda strinilah conditioner mixed in. My hair felt 90% better. As i detangled the amount of hairs i saw had decreased. Aphogee def. works better with heat. i always hated this conditioner but it'll do for now. I plan on picking up the rest of the joico kpak line. I like the conditioner...but in the long run i think it will work better with the rest of them

That's good progress.
I know you're somewhat relieved.
Now you have to figure out how often to use the Aphogee to avoid either extremes i.e excessive moisture or protein overload.

Clarify your hair with baking soda and water then do the two step Aphogee treatment, follow with a deep conditioner.

Rotate with moisturing conditioner and protein conditioners when cowashing.

Back