Want Beyonce's hair & make-up????

newslady

http://offtherack.people.com/#entry-12523904

September 01, 2006
Get the Look: Beyonce at the VMAs

beyonce_knowles1_300x400.jpg

If you're like us, you looked at Beyonce at the VMAs last night and thought "WOW"! Forget the couture gown-- her hair and makeup were just beautiful. We caught up with her beauty squad and snagged all the details on how she got so glam.
Her hairstylist, Kim Kimble, wanted to give her "something very feminine and very glamorous. I wanted to go sleek, sexy and fashionable-rocker hot because it is the VMAs." Another consideration was keeping her hair looking good through a high energy performance. Kimble explains, "Because she is starting with a good cut and we curled her hair backwards, it will fall right back into place." The whole process took 2 hours and started with blowing her hair straight, using a turbo ionic hairdryer and Kerastase mousse, and then curling it with a FHI big barrel curling iron. Kimble finished it off with a light misting of hair spray.
Her makeup artist, Francesca Tolot from the Cloutier Agency, recreated the look from her brand-new "Ring the Alarm" video. She started with L'Oreal True Match Foundation in Coffee over the whole face, and set it with a light dusting of La Mer Pressed Powder in Shell. She went over Beyonce's lids with MAC eyeshadow in Bisque and higlighted the browbone with L'Oreal Eyeshadow Single in Copper Penny, before lining the eyes with Nars Eye Liner in Black Moon and finishing them off with Mac Eyelashes. Her lips were colored in with L'Oreal Hip Lipcolor in Fearless and polished off with a layer of L'Oreal Colour Juice Sheer Lip Gloss in Peek-A-Boo Clear.
Simply gorgeous!
Photo: Jason Merritt/FilmMagic

I've been natural for a long time...what is a lace front (looks around-turns red for asking such a dumb question):look:

I think those magazines get away with these "How-to-style-a-weave" segments because they never state that the hair is grown out of said lady's head. I mean, they could have had to do all those steps on a weave, right?

winterinatl said:
I think those magazines get away with these "How-to-style-a-weave" segments because they never state that the hair is grown out of said lady's head. I mean, they could have had to do all those steps on a weave, right?

Yup. You can do everything you would to your own hair to a weave. Oh yeah, a lacefront is a full head wig. Its secured with glue around the edges on thin lace. Because the hair is threaded into the wig strand by strand you can part it anywhere just like you would real hair.

Her hair and make-up was very pretty. Her make up was on Point. Now watch MAC sell tons of Bisque. lol

grnidmonster said:
I've been natural for a long time...what is a lace front (looks around-turns red for asking such a dumb question):look:

It's added hair. Do a search here. There is tons of talk about them.

Beyonce is fierce, isn't she???!! The girl is just killah! I know she does have very thick long hair so I don't blame her if she uses falls or whatever to protect her own hair and let the stylists have a hay day on the fake stuff. Go B! Her performace was hot! Thanks for posting. I've been interested in the True Match stuff for a while but I hate liquid makeup. I wish I could find a good skin match in powder form.

Back