Wanna' know howda' properly AIR DRY your Hair...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Check out this helpful site: http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip10017.htm

I'm going to try this airdrying method similarily by...

1. Blotting my hair with an absorbent towel
2. Apply leave-in then detangle
3. Twirl my hair into a bantu knot/bun
4. Secure with a scunci tortoise concorde clip intead of a band/scrunchie 5. Let it COMPLETELY dry before taking it down :yep:

Hope this helps those who want to airdry successfully. ;)

Last edited:
Shatani said:
i cant detangle before i add leave in! thats crazytalk!!! :lol:
I was looking at this link and appreciate your posting it poohbear but I agree that some of the stuff that she was recommending would not work for my type 4 aa hair! Did you see the type of clip she recommended putting in our hair? That would tear up my hair right quick! I have also found that a bun takes hours to dry. I will continue perfecting the technique I have gleaned from advice that people on this board have given me in the past -- including you Poohbear. Thanks again for this and I hope it might help others on this board who might have trouble. It seems like something that is more applicable to someone with type 1 or 2a hair, which I dont have.

Its good info but I think most of the folx looking to airdry want it straighter and not curly or wavy. I used to just slick mine back in a pony tail, comb it straight and secure the end of it. I only ended up with the crimp from the pony tail holder but then I could wrap my hair and tie it up with a scarf and just comb it out in the morning.

Interesting points you ladies made!!! :yep:

I will most likely apply my leave-in before detangling...especially since I am almost 7 months post relaxer!!! ;) I have concorde clip similar to the one on her site, but mine is made by scunchi and it doesn't have those raised designs on it. It's safer to use.
Here's a pic of the one I have:
70_l.jpg

About most folks wanting straight hair after they airdry... it may not be true for "most". I just know there are ladies here that would want straight hair after airdrying. I'm assuming the person who wrote that site probably has type 1 hair. I don't mind having the waves, and wouldn't expect to have straight hair from this method. If I want straight hair, I would just blowdry & flat iron (but I'm on the no heat challenge right now). ;)

Right now I airdry in a bun, but I don't take my hair down from the bun. With this method, I will attempt to wear my hair down. If this bun method doesn't work for me, I'll definitely try to perfect the ponytail method or sylver2's scarf method of airdrying. :yep:

i have a clip like that....it is tres fancy and does NOT work with my natural hair....although it looks nice in my straightened hair :D only thing is, the hinge on the mutha is no joke!!! im always afraid im gonna rip my hair out because my finger slips or something :ohwell:

Shatani said:
i have a clip like that....it is tres fancy and does NOT work with my natural hair....although it looks nice in my straightened hair :D only thing is, the hinge on the mutha is no joke!!! im always afraid im gonna rip my hair out because my finger slips or something :ohwell:
Im afraid of the hinge too esp. on my wet hair which is already weak. That's why I only use pantyhose bands that I have cut myself out of pantyhose. Even the scunci "no metal" bands were too hard on my hair because they have a little bump in them.

well it's not like im gonna have my hair in the clip far enough for the hinge to even touch my hair. i don't have a lot of hair as it is and my hair is really fine. ;)

Back