Waiting...

laurend085

Well this saturday will be 6 weeks since my last relaxer. I went to the salon this past saturday for wash and color. I look like I got a relaxer because you know at the salon they can make your hair look better than u can at home. Before I went my hair was a mess, looked like I needed a perm and everything else. I had washed it once and that's usually what happens after I wash it myself. Well...I'm trying to stretch and grow my hair (plus grow out this cut) and I know that in about a week or two it'll be time to begin my regimen and I just know my hair will come out looking a mess AND I'm just ready to start seein my new growth turn pretty and curly and just see new growth period..I just dont see it happenin..:sad:

Because that's when it'll be about time for my hair to be washed and I don't wanna mess up how my hair is now

I.got.a.sew.in.today...and.I.was.actually.able.to.get.my.hair.straighter.and.silkier.than
she.did.when.I.got.home...And.she'd.done.a.really.awesome.job.on.my.hair.:yep:

You're.going.to.have.to.apply.yourself.and.experiment.and.see.what.techniques.work.best
for.you...You.may.even.decide.that.you.need.to.explore.other.options...
(like.no.heat,protective.styles,low-manipulation.styles,etc.)in.order.to.reach.your.goals.

Definitely.use.the.search.feature.and.stalk.fotkis.of.similar.hair.textures/types,etc...You
can.get.there

OMG original poster! Why are we in the same boat? It's like I needed to read your thread. I'm exactly 6 weeks post, and I have a pretty short bob. I was contemplating relaxing, but I know I can do it and stretch until Christmas, which is only 6 weeks away. That'll be 12 weeks and I'll be so proud of myself. I've been having success with stretching my roots while wet using the multiple pony tails method. Then I flat iron in small sections. Just a few days ago I had my own emotional moment and the ladies on here were so gracious to encourage me.

Watch this video on flat ironing hair that was done by don't speak defeat on hair that hasn't been relaxed in a long time. She demonstrates how with good technique, you can do a good flat iron. This is part one, it's three parts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY65vtO8IJY

Because that's when it'll be about time for my hair to be washed and I don't wanna mess up how my hair is now

Do you have moisturizing and sealing as part of your regimen? You don't need to wait until you wash your hair to do daily moisturizing.

By the way, a lot of the ladies here CAN make their hair look as good as it does at the salon. That's just a matter of practicing.

You should just start your regimen now. I recently went back to the salon to relax my hair, it came out really nice. Like you said the salon always make things come out looking so nice, anyway so It looked so nice I didn't want to do anything to it.... but guess what, it started to break just a little. I slapped my self and went back to my regular regimen i been following for a few months. After I washed it... it looked nice, I dont know why i doubted my self. No its not silky smooth salon bling, but its healthier and still looks amazing. I think the hardest part of starting this hair care journey was kicking the habit of going to the salon for washes AND then finding the perfect set of products.

Also i want to say a regimen really helps you stretch longer, I don't know what your plans and products are but Aphogee 2 min and SE Cholesterol conditioner and roller setting really helped me a lot.

Back