Kiddie Perm Vs Regular Perm

What is the difference between a kiddie perm and an adult perm. Today i got a touch up and i used pcj no lye relaxer and it worked just as well as when i permed my hair with adult relaxers like creme of nature and dudley's. OmG these dominican salons overlap. Im looking at where the perm is at and im like i no i dont have no where as much new growth as this. If only i knew how to perm myself. Any one in Brooklyn, NY knows a salon here they only perm new growth?

Except for the kids on the box, they are exactly the same. It's just a sick adverstising trick. They want parents to think they are putting something gentle in their child's hair.

I agree with Sassygirl about there not being a difference. Also, before you go for your touchup....base your scalp yourself REALLY well..lots of it. Dont' tell them you already did it...let them base it again(the more the better in my opinion). Then apply a heavy cream conditioner to the length of your hair(the sections that should not be relaxed) followed by something like Murrays's pomade(it's very heavy and contains beeswax). This leaves only the roots 'naked'. It should help in case they do(and they almost always do /images/graemlins/confused.gif ) overlap. Also a kiddie perm did my hair in....I actually learned later on the hair forums that it was the no-lye...not the 'lye' that was the problem. Lye is better for your hair, just be sure to base your scalp really well...besides you shouldn't be putting the relaxer on your scalp to begin with.

Back