Waist Length Challenge 2015

Hair still moving along. I will do my annual length check this weekend and will put hair length out of mind until April.

ImanAdero my secret weapon against heat damage is salerms vegetable reconstructor. Take a vial apply it to your hair and let it sit with heat for 30 mins. Do this regularly and the curl should come back. I have an old blog post about it when I went to the salon and had my hair professionally straightened. http://www.keratinreviewblog.com/2013/05/hair-aniversary-mini-chop-and-my.html

I put myself on a serious No Buy until my stash is used... But I might have to make an exception for this.

SMH at myself though lol. I have a serious PJ problem lol

Okay ladies...I flat ironed my hair, but it's frizzed already :(. Anyway I think I may have to join the 2014 wl challenge as well because I'm closer to my waist then I thought.

Attachments

• 20131220_145833.jpg
    20131220_145833.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 81
Last edited:
I put myself on a serious No Buy until my stash is used... But I might have to make an exception for this.

SMH at myself though lol. I have a serious PJ problem lol

If it helps it only comes in a small single use vial fo like 2 bucks. It wont add to the stash if you use it the same day lol. I love this stuff and i keep a box of vials in my stash.

I made a detangling/cleansing spray and it's amazing!! Also, I really like those silk amino acids, they don't make my hair as soft as the spray but they seem to keep my hair very moisturized. However, it didn't do much for the super coarse hair at the top of my hair. I think the Aloe Vera gel and the spray did a lot more for it in terms of softness.
I had to mix the silk amino acids in rosewater since the Helicrysum floral water smells too sweet. Kind of like a mix between Nestle sweet tea and a clean spearmint in a garden of flowers. Yuck. No idea what I'm going to use that for now. Hopefully I can pawn it off to one of my friends or mother :lol:
Last night I ended up having to cleanse my hair and scalp because a few days ago I put the rest of my sulfur/Vaseline/EO mix on my scalp, thus giving me 'fart head' smell (from the sulfur) :lol:
I rebraided my hair again and Bantu knotted it up.
I think with everything I have (and am waiting for in the mail lol), I may be able to become consistent with a regimen which is rare for me.

I did a quick (co) wash day yesterday am. I DCd with ORS hair mayo (needed some protein) and cowashed with V05 for some moisture. I didn't do a tea rinse and I felt like I had a bit more shed and detangling wasn't as good. I used fenugreek last wk and the slip was as good as everyone says! I had to go out rather quickly, so I massaged liquid gold into my scalp and used just a few dabs of blue magic to braid my hair in about 10 random braids, no other product. I tied a scarf, put on my bonnet and then a hat over it all. Took my braids out after about 12 hrs. Will post pics in a few.

image-207345744.jpg

image-4218585622.jpg

image-2379091128.jpg

Last edited:
Froreal3, I hope you have a speedy recovery. Do you think you can do your hair prior to the dental surgery?

Thanks girl. I just had the surgery earlier today. I just put my hair in two braids on either side of my head moisturized with Oyin Hair Dew. :look: Right now I'm just chillin in bed with my scarf on. Don't think the anesthetic has worn off yet, but I popped four ibuprofen liquid gel caps for when it does ware off.

Just finished washing me hair. About to DC in alittle.

I'm super excited. My sis said she bought me some curl formers. I cannot wait. I have the cutest style that I've been dying to try out. I REALLY hope she isn't lying to me. She knows how I feel about my hair and hair products/tools.

I'm so mad....came back and my hair was a big puffy frizzy mess. Thank God I had a head band and scrunchy.
If someone else tells me I got that good hair again, I'm gonna shave it all off. Ugh..humidity is no joke.

Sailor Saturn the lost scout

I did a quick (co) wash day yesterday am. I DCd with ORS hair mayo (needed some protein) and cowashed with V05 for some moisture. I didn't do a tea rinse and I felt like I had a bit more shed and detangling wasn't as good. I used fenugreek last wk and the slip was as good as everyone says! I had to go out rather quickly, so I massaged liquid gold into my scalp and used just a few dabs of blue magic to braid my hair in about 10 random braids, no other product. I tied a scarf, put on my bonnet and then a hat over it all. Took my braids out after about 12 hrs. Will post pics in a few.

Just learned why I need to use more product. I need to use something for hold and to keep frizz down on the 2nd day.

2nd Check In

Wash
Shampooed with ORS Creamy Olive Oil Aloe Vera Shampoo - My hair was feeling a bit coated so decided to shampoo.

Conditioner
EO Restorative Conditioner, Chamomile & Honey - I used it as a TCM conditioner but its actually great as a rinse out. I didn't DC as I normally would but I left it on for about 25 minutes.

Style/Set
TCM/twist with Aussie Moist and sealed with Kandy Kurls Shea Butter Souffle.

Coconut oil, and any oil really has been a good facial cleanser for me. It breaks up all the dirt, draws out my acne and moisturizes on command.

Can it do the same thing for my scalp? Or is oil not a good scalp cleaner?

So my hair is almost used to not being in braided/twisted extensions. I'm not used to doing my hair all, the time so it's been a challenge to say the least. The past week my hair has been in a roller set (fail), multiple sets of Bantu knots (fail) and twist ours (super fail).

I want to flat iron my hair to see length but I'm a bit skeptical because I do not own any heat styling products and always chicken out after I blow dry.

Any suggestions ladies?

lovemyhair247 Get you some Tresseme Heat spray from Family Dollar and give it a go.

As for me: Today was wash day. I hadn't washed in a little over two weeks, so it was time. Tried out a few new products to cowash, DC, and apply my leave ins with. IDK how I will style it.

Next week I may do a rollerset to stretch, then do my end of year length check.

Coconut oil, and any oil really has been a good facial cleanser for me. It breaks up all the dirt, draws out my acne and moisturizes on command.

Can it do the same thing for my scalp? Or is oil not a good scalp cleaner?

Coconut oil is really great for your scalp, and hair. Coconut oil is one of the few oils that can penetrate the hair shaft, too. (I like to use coconut oil for prepoos because it prevents the hair from absorbing too much water.) If I am not mistaken, coconut oil is helpful with keeping the scalp clean. I'm not advocating for using coconut oil exclusively for cleaning your scalp but I think you'd be in good shape if you used EVCO in between washes.

Is this accurate ladies?

Merry Christmas Ladies, I hope that you have gotten all you deserve, and maybe some you didn't for Christmas :)

For the my next style I am going to try my hand at Crochet braids again... but I will be using the Marley Hair.. I am super excited. My bday is 1/12.. so I will be doing it that week to have a fresh do for the weekend. :)
I have my same hairstyle for today :) won't take this out until another two weeks.

I'm super excited! My sis got me another set of curlformers for christmas. I can't to install these babies this weekend.

pelohello are you using more than two bags.
I use two bags myself, I was thinking of doing this instead of doing the Marley Crochet BRaids for my bday. *I know I changed my mind real fast.. LOL

I figure to do the Marley Crochet right before I start school..

pelohello are you using more than two bags.
I use two bags myself, I was thinking of doing this instead of doing the Marley Crochet BRaids for my bday. *I know I changed my mind real fast.. LOL

I figure to do the Marley Crochet right before I start school..

JJamiah, this will be my 1st time using 2 bags. When I would use 1 bag I kept putting too much hair in one curlformer b/c I kept running out of curlformers. I plan on putting them in on Sunday & then leaving the finished curls in for 2wks.

Been wearing my hair in a pompadour and it's surprisingly easy. I haven't readjusted these past 2 days and I'll keep it through until Saturday.

I need to m/s sometime tomorrow/Monday... Maybe I'll ATeam in the shower.

I think I'm going to try to not use direct heat through at least June. I think this last go round of flat ironing gave me heat damage. Not DAMAGE damage... But my hair is more wavy that kinky curly now and it hasn't linked back up. The roots look different than the rest of my hair.

So I'm going to use Naptural85's method of trimming every 3-4 months with some searching and destroying in between.

I can't wait to see where I am by June of next year.

So I decided that my hair was in need of a good Acv rinse. So much build up and it was starting to dread.

I first detangled with water and coconut oil and let it marinate. Then I sprayed the length of my hair with diluted acv and let it marinate for a long while. I was able to divide my hair in six braids :) something I was never able to do since I was 5 lol

I rinsed then cowashed with vo5 passion fruit smoothie and detangled some more. Put my hair in braids and air dried overnight. I was going to blow dry my.hair but realized that it was needed and just brushed out my hair with a paddle brush. My hair is in a bun snd currently wrapped in a scarf.

I am going to try bunning again. This time i will make sure my hair is dry before i put it up in a bun.

Ladies I want to thank all of you for joining this challenge. I honestly didn't think I would have as many people joining me. I would love to know what do you guys suggest in making this challenge more exciting for the next two years?

I am updating names at the end of this month 12/31 and on 1/31 is the last time I am updating. As with any challenge I have the privilege of hosting there is no cut off to join, just I won't be updating the list after 1/31, but please feel free to join us. :) I can't wait to see Starting pics and progress pics :)

Let the Fun Begin..

3rd Check In

Wash/Condition
I normally wash my hair on Mondays or Tuesdays and again on Fridays but with the Christmas Holiday, I didn't get to my hair until yesterday. Because I sweat at the gym most days out of the week I have to at least co-wash. By yesterday morning my scalp was itching like crazy. :blush: I needed shampoo and mild/medium protein.

I used Carol's Daughter Monoi Repairing Shampoo & Conditioner. I never though I would say this about a Carol's Daughter product but this is getting to be one of my my favorite shampoos. I never would have purchased it except my mother sent it to me. :lol:

After using the conditioner (3-5 minutes as the instructions indicated) I TCMed and used a t-shirt to squeeze the water out.

Style
I set my hair into two braids after sealing with oil. My hair is officially back to life.

Back