Waist Length Challenge 2015

My install comes down this weekend! :woot: I'll baby my hair and prep it for my next appointment at the end of the month.

I wore it for 12 weeks. Washed and DC'd every 2 weeks and LCO'd every other day. For my leave out I used a protein treatment on wash days.

Yeah the inversion challenge didn't work for me. I'm doing a Hide your Hair challenge.

I'm making a thread right now.

My hair is in Havana twists right now and I love it. It took awhile to get the technique down but it came out pretty decent.

I detangled, deep conditioned, trimmed, shampoo washed, co washed, roller set, lightly blow dried, bunned, detangled and trimmed again before installing LOL.
It was definitely a process... But so worth it. I plan on buying the curlformers dupe and using it on my hair after I take down these twists.

@JJamiah

I'd love to join!

I've been so lazy with my hair over the past year and it's shown. I'm about APL, but I've been stuck there.

Right now, my goal is to keep my hair in mini braids or twists throughout the rest of the winter. And that should help me keep a consistent schedule and get some good growth.

Welcome
:welcome:

I will be updating the list at the end of the month, so thank the post if you haven't already so that it can be added then.

Hoping to have my official length check starting post by the end of the month or early January around my bday. Been ps-ing with weaves the past 2-3 months

I washed my hair 2day. I didn't DC, cause I didn't feel like it. I applied some suave coconut conditioner & let that sit for about 5mins. I'm currently under the dryer, drying my braids.

Grrrr... my stylist is booked through the holidays so no install for me like I planned. I think I may make a wig with a lace closure.

I put my hair back into box braids. Oiled my scalp with JBCO and put EVCO on the length while still wet after cleansing my scalp. I will keep these in until March 2014 (3 months, like I always do).

If coconut oil works to take away the makeup and dirt on my face in a single wipe, can it do the same for the dirt on my scalp?

I'm still wondering if WL is even possible for me in 2015. My hair is so fine and it grows so uneven. Ahhhhhhhhh sigh. I'll just weave my way to WL

So I just ordered SAA powder, silk powder and Helichrysum floral water. I think I'll try to make a spray for my hair mixing the three.
Later on, I'm going to buy a few essential oils to mix in it as well.
I'm excited. I think I will wait until I have my Paltas before I start using the SAA mix; hopefully I'll receive them around the same time.. But I doubt it.
Also, I am trying inversion again. It didn't work when I tried it back in June, but this time, I'm using hot oil (olive, argon, anything I can find) on my scalp before I invert and then I massage my scalp while I'm inverting.
Maybe when I get the Paltas, I can heat that and massage it on my scalp for inversion instead of oil.. Or even mixing it with oil.. Don't know.
I'm gonna try to stop length checking my hair until April.. If I have more than 12" on my sides (I'm at 10" now and they grow the average .5"), I'll know I did something right! Woo! Excited.

PureSilver How many inches do you need for WL? December 31 2015 is a good ways away. With a solid regimen and good nutrition I'm sure you can get there.

I would join you ladies but I've been in wsl challenges since 2012. Smh. So I'm going to take it one step at a time. I don't even know what length I am. I will take a pic at the end of the year to reevaluate. I looked at my hair and it looks pal who knows. I'm happy is healthy and long irl so I will keep pushing

I just gave myself a mini trim as I was taking out my twists. I realized I had not really trimmed since my BC over a year ago.

This weekend I will take out my twists, co cleanse, DC, moisturize, seal, and twist back up. I'm excited to try my new Blk Friday goodies.

My hair is loving whipped shea butter. I know for sure it is keeping the single strand knots at bay, and since I am PSing 95% of the time I really don't mind the fact it weigh my hair down.

Lately I've been wondering if I would be anywhere near WL in 2015 but since I'm hiding my hair for a whole year I may get there a little faster.

The weave is out. Good Lawd that took forever. I think I'll limit my next install to 8 to 10 weeks. My hair is in 8 twists that are soaking in oil and conditioner.

The frustrating thing is my hair measures 14 inches in most places which is shorter than earlier in the year. But my ends were shot and my hair was dry as all get out. So the trims were needed and its definitely healthier now. These vitamins better work some magic in 2014. MBL is 17 and WL is 19/20. Sigh.

Tried a henna treatment for the 1st time. I must say I like it. Well not all the work involved but the way my hair feels and combing my hair seemed much easier.

Ceemarie82 Try doing a wet bun. When you get out of the shower moisturize. Make sure your roots are thoroughly detangled, that is really important. Add some gel or castor oil on top. (I go heavy on my roots because the new growth sucks up moisture like crazy). This will make it more slick as well as shine...smooth or brush into a ponytail. Coat the ends then create your bun. Tie it down. My hair looked funky with dry buns when I'd air dry then attempt to bun. I hope this helps. Eta: For a neat bun, I usually use a sock bun. Then place a extra stretch headband around it. Twist the hair around it and tuck it underneath the bun. Or... For a messy bun. I take little sections, roll them down and pin them in place.

Thank you soooo much! I did a wet bun the other day using castor oil and gel and it turned out wonderful, and so much easier to manage. I just put my ponytail in two twists and twisted them around to form the bun.

Photos should be attached...if I did it correctly

image-2152949421.jpg

image-1573150081.jpg

image-767539173.jpg

image-4078259401.jpg

Ceemarie82

Glad I could help!
You have very pretty hair. Your bun looks nice :).

Eta: I have to try that 2 twist bun. Your bun looks nice, solid, and full.

Last edited:
I mixed up a few thangs over the weekend. :superbanana:

First up, a detangler...

1. Giovanni 2 Chic Conditioner
2. Giovanni 50:50 Balancing Conditioner
3. VO5 Tea Therapy Conditioner
4. Slippery Elm Powder, Fenugreek Powder
5. Marshmallow Root Tea, Burdock Root Tea, Horsetail Tea, Nettle Tea
6. Hemp oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, castor oil, Vitamin E
7. Rosemary EO

This is a slight remix of EnExitStageleft 's detangler.

I smelled a bit like Indian take out because the EO didn't mask the fenugreek The detangler worked REALLY well though. It has a thick creamy consistency but just thin enough not to clog up my spray bottle. Anything that lets me reach my scalp and detangle without a comb is an A+ in my books. It had great slip and moisturizing properties. I used my fingers only and went section by section. The shed hair slipped out easily and I've just come out of a weave after 12 weeks so I had a lot of shed hair that had to be released. Detangling is the most frustrating part of my regimen so I'm very excited to have this in my arsenal.

Next... an oil infusion

Avocado oil, almond oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil infused with marshmallow root, burdock root, horsetail, nettle, rosemary, camomile, peppermint, fenugreek powder

Right now it's stored in a mason jar. I'll let it marinate for 2 weeks.

Last edited:
Thanks angelhairtype4 and Froreal3 !!

When I did the two twists, I started off twisting very loose, and then I made the twist tighter toward the end (but not too tight). I then tucked the ends under, and used hair pins to secure it. I do have a lot of hair, I have to take a lot of breaks when styling it. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a stylist complains about how much hair I have while they are doing it. I finally found one who loves big hair...but this was before I learned what was damaging to my hair, and I realized that his "training" of my natural hair was actually heat damage :(

I mixed up a few thangs over the weekend. :superbanana:

First up, a detangler...

1. Giovanni 2 Chic Conditioner
2. Giovanni 50:50 Balancing Conditioner
3. VO5 Tea Therapy Conditioner
4. Slippery Elm Powder, Fenugreek Powder
5. Marshmallow Root Tea, Burdock Root Tea, Horsetail Tea, Nettle Tea
6. Hemp oil, avocado oil, grapeseed oil, castor oil, Vitamin E
7. Rosemary EO

This is a slight remix of EnExitStageleft 's detangler.

I smelled a bit like Indian take out because the EO didn't mask the fenugreek The detangler worked REALLY well though. It has a thick creamy consistency but just thin enough not to clog up my spray bottle. Anything that lets me reach my scalp and detangle without a comb is an A+ in my books. It had great slip and moisturizing properties. I used my fingers only and went section by section. The shed hair slipped out easily and I've just come out of a weave after 12 weeks so I had a lot of shed hair that had to be released. Detangling is the most frustrating part of my regimen so I'm very excited to have this in my arsenal.

Next... an oil infusion

Avocado oil, almond oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil infused with marshmallow root, burdock root, horsetail, nettle, rosemary, camomile, peppermint, fenugreek powder

Right now it's stored in a mason jar. I'll let it marinate for 2 weeks.

loulou82...uh lou, you are real serious about the oil infusion!

Thanks angelhairtype4 and Froreal3 !!

When I did the two twists, I started off twisting very loose, and then I made the twist tighter toward the end (but not too tight). I then tucked the ends under, and used hair pins to secure it. I do have a lot of hair, I have to take a lot of breaks when styling it. One of my biggest pet peeves is when a stylist complains about how much hair I have while they are doing it. I finally found one who loves big hair...but this was before I learned what was damaging to my hair, and I realized that his "training" of my natural hair was actually heat damage :(

I may have to try that. Did you use a regular elastic to secure the pony tail Ceemarie82?

Hi ladies, it's rather quiet on my end I'm still in my cornrow beehive under my wigs. I'm at week 5 with 6 more weeks to go. I wash every two weeks and moisturize and oil my scalp every day. I sewed a weaving cap to my beehive to keep them from getting to fuzzy. This weekend I replaced the cap after getting a good wash and deep condition.

4 weeks beehive
image-1122547646.jpg

Weave cap sewed down

image-4039249480.jpg

My wigs that I'm currently rotating

image-41502088.jpg

image-3791493221.jpg

image-2484419640.jpg

image-2384066198.jpg

This is so easy and effective I might be continuing wearing wigs until my 2 year BC anniversary in April 2014.

Froreal3 I used a black ouch-less hair tie that doesn't have a seam (or whatever that little knot is called that sometimes connects two pieces). I will eventually make my own hair ties using nylon stockings, but I've been lazy.

Back