W-T-G ladies

Leslie_C

to the ladies who are using this horse product that was being discussed a while back, are u getting results from it? Im wondering bc I gave myself a jacked up haircut and really need to grow it out ASAP...lol. Im starting a vitamin regimen and Im actually gonna stick to it bc I know it will help in growth, but I can use any extra help I can get!

Gurl! You cut your hair!?!?! You know I'm going to pm right away and respond to that message you sent me....been having major computer problems at home, hard drive took a dive.... :mad:

Funny you should write this, cause I started using mine again just yesterday and was thinking of bumping the old thread for additional reponses. I took a week break from it as an experiment. Last month I got a whopping 3/4 inch (Hey, for me it's a lot!) but I can't say it's soley from this product because I wasn't consistent with it. I did notice that while I was using it, I had a lot of the itchies going on. I've been doing daily CO washes so I thought maybe it was because of product build up or the M-T-G or both. Once I slacked off, the itchies stopped....

The next two or three weeks, my routine will be to apply the M-T-G after I CO wash in the mornings. I'll bump that other thread too just in case some ladies miss this one...

Now about that hair cut....

Actually, it was a typo in the Subject, it should be M-T-G by Shapley's...here's what's posted in another thread:

bri123 said:
Hi Everyone,
I wanted to share with you ladies about this MTG horse conditioner. MTG stands for Mane tail growth. Well I was checking out another forum and a girl raved about this and how she got 1/4" new growth in a couple of weeks. Mind you she was only using it once or twice a week.

Well I ordered the trial size and it smells just like the glovers. You have to shake it up just like the glovers.

I have started using it. I remember I had great growth with using Glovers. I don't like smelling like smoked sausage. I am going to use it daily and condition wash my hair everyday with using this stuff and wash my hair once a week.

bri123

For more info, see thread: MTG Horse Conditioner

Hope that helps!!

I'm still using it about 3 times a week at nite, then applying a thin, plastic conditioning cap on my head and going to sleep. I have only been using it for 3 weeks so i can't say anything about growth yet, but it has made my hair softer, it is a great moisturizer and it has drastically reduced my shedding and breakage. I'm going to continue using it.

lol, leave it to me to mess up the name!
yeah on an impulse I started cutting my hair and went too far w/ it. some of it was getting as long as around armpit but the ends were looking stringy and I had breakage. Well first I clipped the thin ends which brought me back to shoulder length and that actually looked good. But then I called myself evening up the broken off area and thought it would look like I had layers in the back. Big no no. I cut a part off to about 3 inches all the way across the back and now its sticking out like a cowlick when its dry! lol. If I dont laugh Ill cry!

So anyway u cant tell when its put up or even just halfway up which is even a better reason for protective styles! I can still get it into a french braid and a french twist too so it will be those styles or a phony pony for a few months. Im gonna be poppin vitamins (a multi, super b complex, biotin, and msm) and Ill probably buy the MTG. Also I may try to start greasing that area w/ sulphur 8. And Ill definitely be doing scalp massages.

Where can I try to buy it other than online? What do u call those kind of stores? I figure by the time I pay shipping I might as well just go buy it somewhere.

I just got mine. I'm planning on using it as a prepoo. Leave in 1 hr and cont. w/ my normal wash and cond. regime, just like my stinky challenge. :grin:

Leslie,

I purchased mine at a tack and feed (equestrian) store here locally. I'm sure if you look in the phone book you can find something, if all else fails, you can contact Shapley's directly to see if there's any retailers close by. I would think so cause they are in Florida too!

Shapley's
11650 Chitwood Lane
Fort Myers, Florida 33908-1752
(239) 415-2275
Fax (239) 415-2277
Toll Free (800) 982.2017
Shapley's - Use this link, select your state and it will show you local retailers for your area if there are any.

Good luck!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Silly me thought that that meant Way To Go ladies...I didnt know you were talking about a product...I havent read the thread about this...is this like the Mane n Tail products?? God bless you all.

Okay, I'm joining you guys on the MTG stuff, I just spent $21.00(that includes the shipping and handling) to get it, it should be here in a few days, I ordered today and they're shipping today, so I'll see how it works after I doctor it up a bit to maximize my growth rate....

Hey ladies,
Just wanted to say good luck to Leslie C and Oglorious who will be joining us :D

Leslie C, your plan sounds good because I do pretty much the same thing. I also use the Sulfur 8 in between with the MTG (no certain day or routine, just when I remember) probably just 1x a week I include the S8. I also take B5, Super B-complex, MSM and Biotin plus a multi-vitamin. I was taken Silica but I ran out and didn't pick up anymore. But I might start back up again.
Another thing I do is drink 2-3 ounces of carrot juice a day, eat 2 boiled eggs (whites) a day (been slacking need to start back up) and protein shakes for extra protein.

I believe this has all played major parts in the growth I've accumulated, but like I said in one of the other MTG posts, I give MTG "extra credit" because once I started using it, I instantly noticed my hair felt stronger and the shedding issues I had decreased. I never wear my hair out, only the baggie/ponytail method and I will be getting braids this week sometime.

Good luck ladies!

carameldiva said:
I'm still using it about 3 times a week at nite, then applying a thin, plastic conditioning cap on my head and going to sleep. I have only been using it for 3 weeks so i can't say anything about growth yet, but it has made my hair softer, it is a great moisturizer and it has drastically reduced my shedding and breakage. I'm going to continue using it.
Carameldiva
You are exactly right-it has really cut down on my shedding and that may have been where all my hair was going :eek: I had some major shedding going on. Now that I have been using the Original MTG I am not shedding nearly as much. I mean when I washed my hair in the shower my hands would be covered in stands, I'd rinse them all off and run my hands through and again covered in strands. It was really starting to get scary! :eek: And all over the bathroom floor strands upon strands of hair. I told my husband at this rate I am going to be bald by summer. I decided to buy MTG because I have a 'friend' whose hair grew like crazy after she cut it very short. I asked her and I normally would not ask anyone the question, 'what she was doing to grow hair that fast! :eek: Well she told me she used mane and tail. I had used mane and tail in the past and did not experince growth like that, but I went out and brought some anyway-well of course it did not work. :( And then I saw on this Beloved forum about the Original Mane and Tail and I said to myself that is what she must be using-so techincally she did not lie to me, but ... So I ordered and once I got over the smell, my shedding has stop. I was skeptical so I did not measure or take any pictures-but when I wrote that thread about 'It was my hair'...that is when I realized this stuff is really working. :bud: I will continue to use as well. And the really funny part, I saw my 'friend' and she said or you hair looks nice did you have it done? I just smiled ;)

Back