help me to moisturize new growth??

Leslie_C

Ok ladies, Im ecstatic that I have about an inch or so of new growth and saturday only marks 6 weeks post relaxer! Thats great for me bc I never measured growth before but it feels and looks like Im 3 months or so.

Anyway, my head is a mess, and Id like to know how to manage this new growth properly. Im looking to relaxer anywhere from 9-12 weeks depending on how it holds up.

Do u oil your scalp or put extra leave ins in? do u section it off in small sections or just rub it between your hands and massage over your whole head.

I know CO washes are supposed to help but Im not sure if I do more harm than good by manipulating it too much/too often.

I am simply not allowing myself to buy another product so this is what I have to work with (please give suggestions!):
vitamin e oil mix(soybean,vitamin e, castor,olive,peanut oil
Hot six oil
EVOO
S curl no drip
Elasta QP recovery
ORS olive oil (in bottle)
Loreal Antifrizz serum
NTM serum
NTM leave in
Salerm
Phytodefrisant relaxing balm
conditioners: Nexxus humectress, Suave milk n honey,
queen helen cholesterol
Also Motions and Elasta QP foaming lotions...

that should be plenty, huh?
smile.gif

All the stuff you mentioned above will get your new growth soft- Also try the coconut milk and lime concoction-
Just remember to comb very gentle or not at all-

All of that looks pretty good. I agree with the coconut milk also….that’s a supermarket buy and not a BSS buy so it’s not like your cheating!
laugh.gif
I sometimes use it as a pre-poo treatment mixed with EVOO with heat to let it sink in.

Also remember, the less manipulation the better and NEVER comb your hair dry. Always comb and detangle under the shower stream.

hey I have coconut milk too!
I have my own BSS/drugstore right here at home! lol...

for some reason my hair breaks/comes out more when its wet or damp than when its mostly dry????? I can comb through it dry and only lose a little hair, but sometimes when its wet Ill lose a lot of hair...:( dont know why....I notice even when its dry and I just dampen the ends with water or whatever, Ill get a couple of hairs....

I wish I knew what that meant!

Back