VO5 Strawberries & Cream

AngelaP

What benefits do you all get from this product as a conditioner wash? The only good thing about it seems to be the smell and the price. I've tried this several times and it seems to make my hair dry. Has anyone gotten similar results?

I just got finished using their tangerine conditioner a few hours ago and my hair was as dry as a dog biscuit the minute I rinsed it out.

I used to love vo5 strawberries and cream. when i first started using it it was great. It moisturized and made my hair very slippery and easy to detangle plus it smelled wonderful. The love affair went on for about 4 bottles until this conditioner started to turn on me. I dont know if i got a bad batch or something but it doesnt do nothing for me now. it leaves my hair dry and hard to detangle. i have a half a bottle left im trying to get rid of

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:
I just got finished using their tangerine conditioner a few hours ago and my hair was as dry as a dog biscuit the minute I rinsed it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

I had the same results, well my hair wasnt hard to detangle but I have jet black hair and when it dried it seemed to have like an opaque film over my strands. So I use it to shave now its grrreeaattt!

I don't know but when I use this as a "rinse" my hair comes out ultra soft, shiny, and silky. I also use as a spray moisturizer mix and it works wonderfully that way, too. I've never used it for a complete conditioner wash.

This is my absolutely favorite product-strawberries-n-cream. i don't know about the other kinds of V05 condtioners, but for me this product does exactly what its name says. It smooths. I use it for conditioner washes and it is great at smoothing/detangling my hair. I don't notice if my hair is dry afterwards, b/c when I get out of the shower I put on UBH lotion immediately and then seal it with WGO.
I hope I don't jinx my myself by raving about this product, but so far so good.
I have 4a/b type hair.

I was thinking about purchasing the Vo5 Strawberries & cream
but if it makes your hair dry I have changed my mind.

I love this condtioner too. but i dont think its meant to leave on for 30 and 40 min. Some people use instant conditioners in the same fashion they use deep condtioners and i think using it this way might make your hair dry too. But I keep it on my hair for no longer than 5 min and rinse and my hair is very soft afterward.

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif

Re: VO5 Strawberries & Cream

I've used their protein conditioner (the soy one) and it was okay, but it only felt good while the product was in my hair, not so much when I rinsed.

But that daggon raspberry shampoo! Gawd! It dried the hizzle out of shizzle.
frown.gif

It dries my hair out, so I always add a little bit of Queen Helene placenta hot oil to it when I cond. wash and I get good slip. It has a lot of soy protein in it (VO5), I was wondering if that was why it was drying out my hair. Once I finish this bottle I'm not going to buy it again, but it sure makes my bathroom smell yummy!

[ QUOTE ]
prettygrl said:
This is my absolutely favorite product-strawberries-n-cream. i don't know about the other kinds of V05 condtioners, but for me this product does exactly what its name says. It smooths. I use it for conditioner washes and it is great at smoothing/detangling my hair. I don't notice if my hair is dry afterwards, b/c when I get out of the shower I put on UBH lotion immediately and then seal it with WGO.
I hope I don't jinx my myself by raving about this product, but so far so good.
I have 4a/b type hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

You described my exact results. In fact, until I looked at your name, I thought that it was me who had posted this
laugh.gif

This is a WONDERFUL product. It smooths so much and detangles so well, smells good, and I don't even need to mention how wonderful the price is. This beats tons of the other expensive conditiones I've tried.I like the tangerine one too. The blueberry one smells so sick and sucks so much as a conditioner though.

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
I love this condtioner too. but i dont think its meant to leave on for 30 and 40 min. Some people use instant conditioners in the same fashion they use deep condtioners and i think using it this way might make your hair dry too. But I keep it on my hair for no longer than 5 min and rinse and my hair is very soft afterward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this, I usually use this for 5-15 minutes. Longer than 5 only when I'm being lazy or working out of something. However I've never used heat or anything with it. I imagine that would dry my hair out.

I use V05, but I usually mix it with either a hot oil treatment or another creme conditioner (i.e. Organic root stimulator or IC Fantasia Aloe therapy). My hair is not dry or tangled when I wash it out.

I love aall the scented VO5 condits.They are excellent for conditioner washes.I have never left them on for over 5 mins

My hair hates these kinds of conditioners, my hair even hates suave. I bought both VO5 and sauve based on raves, but it does nothing but dry my hair out.

I like it! It's cheap and gives my hair plenty of slip. But I only leave it in while I am showering. I never tried to use it as a deep conditioner. It's not for everyone I guess!
nono.gif

I use V05 Stawberries & Cream. I love it! It's not as good as my Pantene DMR but it give me good slip and moisture. But I only leave this conditioner on for 5 minutes. I'm a 4A natural by the way.

-Ebony

[ QUOTE ]
Boadicea said:

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually keep it in for a couple of minutes while I'm in the shower and still makes my hair feel bone dry after I rinse it out.

Someone on the board recommended using VO5 then KeraKare for deep conditioning. I tried it and Iove it. I had no
hair on my comb it slipped.

Someone on the board recommended using VO5 then KeraKare for deep conditioning. I tried it and Iove it. I had no
hair on my comb it slipped.

[ QUOTE ]
AngelaP said:
[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I usually keep it in for a couple of minutes while I'm in the shower and still makes my hair feel bone dry after I rinse it out.

[/ QUOTE ]

WELL PROOF ONCE AGAIN, WHAT WORKS WELL FOR SOME MAY NOT WORK WELL FOR OTHERS
smile.gif
(SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS I DONT FEEL LIKE RETYPING LOL)

I have all of the VO5 conditioners , to me strawberries and cream smells the best and is the light, I use this with oil as a leave-in when I know i will be washing my hair the next day

Back