VITAMINS ARE MAKING ME SICK!!

Wolftrap

Has anyone else had this reaction. I have never taken any kind of vitamins before but I just started taking a multivitamin. I am noticing that I am hungry more often and if I don't eat right away after the first sign of hunger then I get sick to my stomach! I know a lot of you ladies on here take vitamins. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

Since you started taking vitamins your body is adjusting to them. Yes, vitamins can stimulate your appetite. To counteract the negative side effects, try taking your vitamins with a meal and drink plenty of water. hth

Thanks I always take them with a meal usually breakfast. I don't drink water though and I know that is important. Just at the other meals of the day I feel so sick if I don't eat right away. I hope this is a temporary side affect.

I agree. Try taking them with food or after a meal. It can also be from the iron that's in one or all of your vitamins as they do cause some stomach upset.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:
Has anyone else had this reaction. I have never taken any kind of vitamins before but I just started taking a multivitamin. I am noticing that I am hungry more often and if I don't eat right away after the first sign of hunger then I get sick to my stomach! I know a lot of you ladies on here take vitamins. Is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've been experiencing this lately since switching to Centrum.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
[ QUOTE ]
Wolftrap said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I've been experiencing this lately since switching to Centrum.
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't even bother taking a multi. Never have. I figure, with the little amounts of vitamins they have, I can get that through food. Plus multi's do make you hungry and upset your tummy sometimes.

this hgas been happening to me recently. I am taking centrum too with food in the morning. Since I forgot this week to take it, the "sick" feeling hasn't happen. But I use to always to take centrum ( last two years). But now after like 6 months of not taking vits. my body doesn't like it.

When I take Centrum, I follow the directions on the bottle. It says to take one tablet daily with food.

Back