Vitamins and Skin Breakouts??

Lindy

I ordered some hair,skin, & nails vitamins from HSN a few months ago. Just lately I've been taking them on a regular basis, and I noticed that I have about 5 small red pimples on my face. I normally don't break out like that. I might get one or two around "that time of the month,"but that's about it. I should say though, that my skin IS generally very sensitive. (Sometimes new products do cause me to break out, but I haven't been using anything new lately).

Does anyone know whether the vitamins could be the cause? If so, should I just keep taking them, hoping that my body will adjust? Or stop taking them altogether??

msm does cause skin breakouts in some people because it also detoxifies the body. The general advice is to take an extra 1-2litres of water each day to make sure that the toxins are flushed out.

I have found that msm, and silica make my face break out. Especially silica- literally from the 3rd day after taking it, I will wake up with new pimples on my face. Do you take silica, or is there a good amount of silica in the supplement?

The HSN vitamins are almost like a multivitamin plus MSM, Biotin, etc. Each pill has 700mg of MSM. As for the silica, it says Silicon (from Horsetail extract and Silica) 30mg. It says to take 2 capsules daily, but I only take 1.

I already drink a lot of water, but will try to drink even more. I guess I'll continue with the vitamins for another week or so and see what happens, but if the breakouts continue, I think I will have to stop taking them /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Back