Vitamin E

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
G

Anyone taking Vitamin E for hair growth? If so, have you seen any results? I just started taking these this past week. I'm also cautious and I won't take them for a long period of time because of this "new study". I'm just going to take them until I run out. Anyway, what are some your experiences with this supplement? Did you notice growth?

Im also very cautious and as a result dont take any supplemente for hair growth only a multivit for overall health. I like to focus on growing my hair in other ways. I do however have vitamin e oil that I use on my hair and I love the results. Im sure some of the other ladies will offer more info on supplements and hair growth.

hey Natori
wave.gif

I am curious about the new study that you are talking about?! My mom has been taking vitamin E for years...and I have only read and heard good things about it. I recently added it back into my vitamin regimen. I did a net search...but I didn't see anything about it.

Erica, I think the "new study" was somewhere on the lines of Vitamin E possibly causing health problems instead of preventing them...this happens if you take TOO MUCH over a long period of time. This is the reason why I'm only taking this until they run out..I just want to see if it helps with hair growth. Here's a link for more info:

http://www.hbci.com/~wenonah/new/toomuche.htm

I think basically it's saying that you should take "mixed tocopherols" instead of one type. This isn't the exact study that I heard about but it's the only one I could find online to post the link.

Erica, what have you have noticed as far as hair health and growth while taking Vitamin E? Do you think there are REAL benefits in taking this supplement?

you know natori...I took vitamin e in the past...but I wasn't taking it like I should have been. My mother on the other hand has taken it faithfully for years now and she had a beautiful head of hair up until Diabetes struck. I will be better able to tell about the vitamin e after a few months of taking it regularly. It has helped my skin though. I am having less breakouts....but that could also be the EPO working with it too.
smile.gif

Did your mother consult her doctor before continuing to take the Vitamin E? I read that if you have health conditions like high blood pressure and diabetes that you are supposed to consult a doctor before taking it.

The only vitamins that her DR said she should stop taking were the B vitamins. They don't mix with the medication that she's on. She's good to go on the vitamin E.

Oh okay, just checking...I have concern for everyone; even people I don't know.
smile.gif

Thanks
smile.gif
You know...I remember jade21 writing something about viramin E in a post a while back. She was the person that directed me on what vitamins were the best to take for growth when I first started my regimen. You should send her a PM.

Yes, I think her I remember her posting too; I might drop her a line. I wanted to ask: How many IU's are you taking? I'm taking 400 IU.

I was taking 400 IU...but now I'm taking 200. It was in a multi vitamin that I dropped about a month ago. With that I took an additional 200 IU. I stopped with the multi because it contained a lot of Vitamin A. I'm taking Cod Liver Oil...which also contains Vitamin A. I read here that too much Vitamin A is bad for you. So I dropped the multi. I might start doubling up on the Vitamin E though. My mother takes 400 IU as well.

i was taking vitamin E but then i started breaking out so i stopped...didn't notice an increase in hair growth.

How long did you take it? I don't understand why it caused you to break out..I thought it was good for the skin.

me too..that's why i was excited about taking it...who knows..i was taking 200IU's...maybe it's the type of thing that makes stuff worse before it gets better..i'm not sure..

How long did you take it though..before you stopped? I'm taking 1 pill [400iu] a day..but I'm only trying it until the bottle is empty..so I may not see any results either.

i think it was a little over two weeks which is probably why i didn't notice an increase in growth...either way, once i stopped taking it, my skin cleared up.

Back