Victoria's Secret Coconut Amla oil....

tnorenberg

Any one try this yet? I think I'm overdue for a visit. I wonder how it smells.

V262353.jpg

Global Goddess

Shine Coconut Amla Hair Treatment

India is a place of mystery, passion and fantastically shiny hair! This miracle for your mane contains a luscious blend of Indian oils and Amla, a divine fruit rich in Vitamin C that's perfect for rejuvenating lifeless locks. Simply rub in a touch of this extract for a superior sheen. Can also be used on skin to add sensual softness. Domestic.

Essential Ingredients:
• Coconut oil nourishes scalp and hair.
• Amla strengthens hair and brings about an amazing luster.
• Henna adds volume and shine.
• Grape seed oil protects hair and maintains a soft texture.
• Avocado oil moisturizes and soothes scalp.
clr_spcr.gif

#209-158 $45.

I can't tell if the bottle says 4 or 8 oz. ..It better be 8 for that much....but if it smells like the Very Sexy Perfume I may have to get it.

tnorenberg said:
Don't tell me it's ONLY 4oz!!!!:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Nooooooooooooooooooo!

LOL. Ok, I knew I was talking about the right stuff. I would be scared to invest the money but again I did hear it was good. Maybe some of the other ladies can recommend a really close sub so your pockets aren't hurting??

Thats a ridiculous amout of money just to have Victoria's Secret in front of some ingredients that would be about $6 if you bought them yourself.

IMO, that stuff is ridiculously overpriced for something you can find at an Indian store and/ or mix up yourself... This stuff is sold at Sephora also, there was a thread awhile back talking about it. Now if it were under 20 dollars, I'd totally give it a try.

metalkitty said:
IMO, that stuff is ridiculously overpriced for something you can find at an Indian store and/ or mix up yourself... This stuff is sold at Sephora also, there was a thread awhile back talking about it. Now if it were under 20 dollars, I'd totally give it a try.

I've got every last one of those ingredients in my pantry. There's no away I'd buy that. Sounds good tho. I might try it, but I ain't buying it.

$45!!! I put coconut, amla and grapeseed oils in my hair just this morning while I was baggying with conditioner this morning!!!!

chances are all the good ingredients are at the bottom of the list. plus the coconut oil is gonna be refined (probably from dried rancid coconuts as per 99% of companies) not the virgin stuff that we would use.

tnorenberg said:
I can't tell if the bottle says 4 or 8 oz. ..It better be 8 for that much....but if it smells like the Very Sexy Perfume I may have to get it.

Its not made by VS, so it probably won't smell like their perfume. I can't believe you want your hair smelling like that stuff anyway...:ohwell::lachen:

The purchase of this item for me will be a big NEGATORY!

Naw, now way, not happening. Sometimes you just got to back away from the product.

Unless they are showing some serious before and after growth down to the grown hair or dare I say it some incredible good times with your mate......Nooooooooooooooo sireeeeeeeeee Bob!:p

tnorenberg said:
Any one try this yet? I think I'm overdue for a visit. I wonder how it smells.

V262353.jpg

Global Goddess

Shine Coconut Amla Hair Treatment

India is a place of mystery, passion and fantastically shiny hair! This miracle for your mane contains a luscious blend of Indian oils and Amla, a divine fruit rich in Vitamin C that's perfect for rejuvenating lifeless locks. Simply rub in a touch of this extract for a superior sheen. Can also be used on skin to add sensual softness. Domestic.

Essential Ingredients:
• Coconut oil nourishes scalp and hair.
• Amla strengthens hair and brings about an amazing luster.
• Henna adds volume and shine.
• Grape seed oil protects hair and maintains a soft texture.
• Avocado oil moisturizes and soothes scalp.
clr_spcr.gif

#209-158 $45.

The actual maker is Global Goddess, not Victoria's Secret. The creator/owner of Global Goddess is a celebrity makeup artist (hence the price of her products ). All of those oils combined should cost much much less than $45. You can try an indian store or an online vendor.

Last edited:
stargazer613 said:
The actual maker is Global Goddess, not Victoria's Secret. The creator/owner of Global Goddess is a celebrity makeup artist (hence the price of her products ). All of those oils combined should cost much much less than $45. You can try an indian store or an online vendor.

What a rippoff!!!!!!:mad: I'm really disappointed in VS. What a shame. :(

This product is also sold at some Sephora stores. It is not by VS. I first saw it a few months ago on shakeyourbeauty.com. A blog by Tia Williams, a black beauty editor, swears by it. I wouldn't spend $45 on it!

Bumping!!!

So, I guess no one tried it! :lol: I love my Amla oil, but I was wondering if there was smthg that was a little more... ummm... nose friendly? :giggle: I'm immune to the smell now, but other people can definately smell it before I rinse it out. Oh well. I dont really wear it out in public anyway.

I didn't know that the Global Goddess version was so expensive. Has anyone even at least taken a whiff of it?

Mmm..why not just buy some Dabur Vatika Oil and add grapeseed and amla oil if you decide you really need it? I got two 300ml bottles for $13 on amazon - I bought some grapeseed oil for about $5 and you can buy avocado oil @ the grocery store for $10 -- online you may find it cheaper.

Even if you add in extra $ to pick up an essential oil for scent like rose, neroli, or vanilla (although I kinda like the smell of my Vatika Oil) you're still WAY under $45.

I've got every last one of those ingredients in my pantry. There's no away I'd buy that. Sounds good tho. I might try it, but I ain't buying it.

I agree. I swear hair manufacturers are on hairboards figuring out what works and trying to find a way to sell it to us.

I own it....didn't buy it though, got it for free! Anyway...here are all ingredients (in order) minus most* of the scientific names.

Coconut Oil
Sunflower Seed Oil
Safflower Seed Oil
Avocado Oil
Grape Seed Oil
Shea Butter
Parfum
*Prunus Domestica Seed Extract*
Henna Extract
*Phyllanthus Emblica Fruit Extract*
Meadowfoam Seed Oil
Jojoba Seed Oil
Vitamin E
and good old parabens:ohwell: (isopropyl, isobutyl, and butyl)

If anyone hates the smell of alma and other ayurveda oils, then this is the way to go, but looking at the ingredients it can be easily made!!:grin:

Mmm..why not just buy some Dabur Vatika Oil and add grapeseed and amla oil if you decide you really need it? I got two 300ml bottles for $13 on amazon - I bought some grapeseed oil for about $5 and you can buy avocado oil @ the grocery store for $10 -- online you may find it cheaper.

Even if you add in extra $ to pick up an essential oil for scent like rose, neroli, or vanilla (although I kinda like the smell of my Vatika Oil) you're still WAY under $45.

AMEN!!!

You can make this oil yourself for less than $15. They know they wrong for that price!!! :spank:

Back