very short to long...anyone out there???

R

Reslnt1

I am looking for members whose journey started with very short hair, no longer than ear length and now have APL, BSL or MBL.....most of the fotkis that i look at are of people who already had pretty lenghy hair.....and for me, that really doesnt inspire me....so if u know of anyone or are that person let me know...thanks

datjersydyme-but i think hers is closed
Anky
Sylver2-had a Halle Berry cut and now she has WL:grin:
Babygurl
Sistaslick-had sl
MizaniMami-she has a very inspirational fotki

I'll think of more. Those are the one's I stalked on a regular

I went from very very short to long

47b7d706b3127ccebd3d46ac7a4000000035108AbuWzVo5Yt1

to

47b7da39b3127cce8392dfd2728c00000015108AbuWzVo5Yt1

Of course it was over time. I wore my hair short for years. I wore it even shorter than the first picture. Then I would let it grown a little and it stayed that length for a while, etc.............

Longhairluva,,,,,,thanks a buch.....on my way to stalk...
Dlewis...dang.....now i see why everyone comes to u for everything hair... thanks a bunch

Yes I actually did a bc in October 2005. I had about 2-3 inches of hair then. I just pressed my hair and did a trim this weekend and I am brastrap. I will be updating my fotki this evening with my new regimen, products, and comparison pics. Q

I am looking for members whose journey started with very short hair, no longer than ear length and now have APL, BSL or MBL.....most of the fotkis that i look at are of people who already had pretty lenghy hair.....and for me, that really doesnt inspire me....so if u know of anyone or are that person let me know...thanks

My story shoud definitely inspire you. We must be hair cousns :yep:

I started growing my hair August 2006 after a Dye job gone horribly wrong, just take a look at my fotki

My hair was upt my ears when I started. My hair was so damaged from the dye though, that 6 months later I didnt gain any lengh :nono: (I guess all the overprocessed hair needed to come out), since then my hair has being growing and growing. I will be putting Growith pictures out right around November 16th, (I think I am currently not very far from APL)

I think there is a similar thread out there. But my absolute favorite is jenny (i don't think she is a member on here), she went from neck length to WL in about 3 yrs.

www.reniece.com

She's the FABULOUS stylist in Maryland, i think, that grew her hair from 'chewed-up, above shoulder' to FULL, THICK, HEALTHY BSL while wearing weaves.

I'm so excited that she responded to me this weekend. I'm calling on her to give me a consultation on what to do with this mess called my hair that's on my head.:lachen:

I just put a few pictures of my hair when it was jacked up in an album in my fotki (which has been most of my life up until my mid twenties when I found the boards!). Up until my 20s my hair was never past neck length, most of it being ear length with the bottom part being neck length kinda like a mullet:lachen:and it was very thin and in terrible condition. I just didnt know any better back then.

In 2004-2005 I made some progress from what I learned here, but then I put in a bad relaxer that I bought in a tub from someone off here(it must have been expired or got exposed to extreme temps and went bad) and my hair started coming out terribly. I tried to hold on for a while but it got so bad that I gradually cut if off and went natural for a year. I texlaxed it this year again and started over with good quality haircare and it has really made a turnaround. I wish I had taken pics when I was natural but I work braids,etc during that time and I didnt know how to do the nice styles like the other naturals on the boards do...so I just covered it up till I decided to texlax. I didnt know what else to do with it if I wanted to wear it out.

thanks a buch ladies....i was getting scared....thought u guys didnt exist.....off to stalk

I'm so excited that she responded to me this weekend. I'm calling on her to give me a consultation on what to do with this mess called my hair that's on my head.:lachen:

Serenity, throw in a question for me while you got Renieceon the line! :grin: Ask her what she thinks about the use of quick weaves to grow hair vs sew-ins. PLEASE! :look::grin: Thanks alot!

Well, I like to think I've come a long ways with my hair. When I big chopped, it was pretty short and very dry:

bigchop.jpg

Fast forward to today (actually this pic was from 4 months ago, so it's a tad bit longer now):

now.jpg

now.jpg
[/quote]

Wow ....ur hair is beautiful.....now thats inspirational

Well, I like to think I've come a long ways with my hair. When I big chopped, it was pretty short and very dry:

bigchop.jpg

Fast forward to today (actually this pic was from 4 months ago, so it's a tad bit longer now):

now.jpg

How did you manage to take a picture like that with no boobage showing on the sides? I've tried to take pictures like this and there always boobs showing.

I know Lauren450 went from very short (im talking Halle Berre cut) to extremely long and thick and luxurious! :) Definitely check out her Fokti, it's very detailed and helpful.

:love::love::love: Your hair progress is amazing!!! Beautiful hair!

bigchop.jpg

now.jpg

I am looking for members whose journey started with very short hair, no longer than ear length and now have APL, BSL or MBL.....most of the fotkis that i look at are of people who already had pretty lengthy hair.....and for me, that really doesnt inspire me....so if u know of anyone or are that person let me know...thanks
Well I started with absolutely nothing. I shaved my head bald and started from scratch. I didnt know about the hair boards when I did it so I dont have any pics with my hair cut in an even low style but I did start documenting it after 7 month of growth. HTH!

I am not as detailed as others but I started in April 2006 with 3 inches(at the longest point) of flat ironed, natural hair , by end of December 2007 I will APL. I have never had hair past shoulder and health.

JenniferMD has a fotki and she's one of my all time favorites of how healthy hair can make a difference Her starting hair pictures were scary. Now her hair pictures are amazing! http://public.fotki.com/JenniferMD/.

Also So1913 started an amazing thread encouraging folks to post before and after pictures. I visit this link often for inspiration.
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=102697

But I also have to call out Zzirving and Babygurl...there's just too many to name them all!

I don't know if she's quite APL yet, but one my personal favorites is Ambitious1013.

bigchop.jpg

now.jpg
I just love your hair and that puff is just gorgeous. How long did you transition for?

Back