Vender offered to use filthy flat iron on me

I went to Mall of America this weekend. I had my hair in a French roll with a little bang that swooping around my face. I had washed and bunned my hair that morning I so my French roll appeared straight until you take the roll down and see my ends were still wet and creased. Anyway, I am walking on round and a guy that sounded Middle Eastern started telling he could help me with my hair. He was loud and trying to analyze (stare) at my hair. My hair was on point for my standards so I knew he was peddling something. I told him “no thanks I wasn’t interested” and then he pointed out his flat iron on this crowded booth he had set up. The comb, booth & flat iron were all dirty. The iron had baked on dirt embedded on it. I know none of that stuff had been sterilized. Then I got offended that he thought I would allow these sanitation standards. He told me I had a greasy scalp and my hair can’t breath and the flat iron could help. I told him I don’t put grease on my scalp so he was wrong and that hair doesn’t breath you scalp does and kept walking. The said that grease was bad for my hair and I would look better if he flat ironed it. I said no thank you and kept walking. He eventually shut up and I kept shopping. I should have complained to the staff at the mall but I was more amused than offended.

:lol: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lol:

I needed a laugh this morning. Girl you did right. But you know what. Those vendors are going to get in trouble cause they are too pushy. Like the Middle Eastern Man that wanted to put the massager in my hair that he used on everyone in the mall. If i wanted one I'd buy it.

That is so rude! I know those annoying vendors you are talking about. They go around offering to flat iron your hair when you walk by and I see some people do it. But that is nasty, how do you know if the person before you didnt have lice or some other infection?

I flat ironed my hair once and it was stick straight and they still offered to flat iron my hair. :confused: I dont then they even use heat protectant when using it.

EbonyHairedPrincess said:
I went to Mall of America this weekend. I had my hair in a French roll with a little bang that swooping around my face. I had washed and bunned my hair that morning I so my French roll appeared straight until you take the roll down and see my ends were still wet and creased. Anyway, I am walking on round and a guy that sounded Middle Eastern started telling he could help me with my hair. He was loud and trying to analyze (stare) at my hair. My hair was on point for my standards so I knew he was peddling something. I told him “no thanks I wasn’t interested” and then he pointed out his flat iron on this crowded booth he had set up. The comb, booth & flat iron were all dirty. The iron had baked on dirt embedded on it. I know none of that stuff had been sterilized. Then I got offended that he thought I would allow these sanitation standards. He told me I had a greasy scalp and my hair can’t breath and the flat iron could help. I told him I don’t put grease on my scalp so he was wrong and that hair doesn’t breath you scalp does and kept walking. The said that grease was bad for my hair and I would look better if he flat ironed it. I said no thank you and kept walking. He eventually shut up and I kept shopping. I should have complained to the staff at the mall but I was more amused than offended.

Ok, so how does flat ironing help your hair "breathe" in any way, shape or form? Can someone please explaing this concept to me? I could at least understand if he was advertizing a shampoo and he said a good wash can help but flat ironing for a greasy scalp :eek: ? I think that vendor just wanted something to do. I don't even think he knows anything about hair. He just wanted to make a sell girl. You did good for walking away though.

Those vendors are always in the mall! I've seen them in NYC, ATL and back in my home town of Cincinnati. I wonder why they are all Middle Eastern in EVERY city! And they are rude!

cluelessaka said:

I needed a laugh this morning. Girl you did right. But you know what. Those vendors are going to get in trouble cause they are too pushy. Like the Middle Eastern Man that wanted to put the massager in my hair that he used on everyone in the mall. If i wanted one I'd buy it.

or like the vendor guy in the mall who was trying to plead with me into buying dead sea salt scrub after I said No three times!:) :ohwell:

EbonyHairedPrincess said:

Girl I know EXACTLY the kind of vendors you are talking about.

A had a similar experience.....

I wanted to buy a new flat iron and also buy the CHI Silk Infusions (cuz it's seems to be such a big hit on the board I had to try it). So I go to the mall and go inside of Trade Secrets. I look around and I see the CHI S.I. and I was looking at the flat irons. It turned out that the flat irons in their was too pricey for my budget so I just bought the S. I. and then left.

So I walk around the corner and there is a booth set up with all these pretty flat irons and there was a vidoe showin an A.A. woman getting her natural 4a/b hair straighten. So then this woman (the vendor who happens to be white) walks around the corner and says (to me) "your hair would look a lot better if it looked like that (pointing to the after picture on the t.v. screen of the black woman with straight hair)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Now mind you my hair is texlaxed and I had it up in a pony tail with a lil bang out swooping along the side of my face. I was so shocked when she said that I didn't even know what to say:(

Then this heffer proceeds to rake her hands through my bang as she is bringing the hot a$$ iron towards it. I slap the he!! outta her hand and said "did I tell you to touch my hair! And furthermore my hair doesn't need to be straight to be beautiful!" :mad:

Then she was like "Ma'am, I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I just meant it would be easier to style if it were straighter":eek: :eek: :eek: And at this point I'm wondering why this woman is still talkin. "So I said you have no idea what MY hair is like" and just walked away.

The nerve of her:mad:

InnerSoul said:
or like the vendor guy in the mall who was trying to plead with me into buying dead sea salt scrub after I said No three times!:) :ohwell:

LOL:lol: I get stopped by them everytime even though I say I'm not interested:ohwell:

But you know who I abosolutly HATE those people with the cameras that sells the pics(pics of you) in mugs, mousepads, T-shirts, etc.

They just snap your pic while you walkin in the mall and then send it to the tv on top of their booth for eveyone to see. And they always do it when I have my children with me. I'll be be walkin and then I hear a snap then I see a pic on my kids on a t.v. screen while the vendor is already printing out the pic and inserting it in a mug and trying to sell it to me for $10:mad:

The sneaky heffers are quick!

cluelessaka said:

That is exactly what I'm talking about. Those venders are crazy.

glossyxlipz said:
That is so rude! I know those annoying vendors you are talking about. They go around offering to flat iron your hair when you walk by and I see some people do it. But that is nasty, how do you know if the person before you didnt have lice or some other infection?

I flat ironed my hair once and it was stick straight and they still offered to flat iron my hair. :confused: I dont then they even use heat protectant when using it.

This guy was pushing the flat iron hard. I seen something that looked like hair spray but flat iron spray.

smitge said:
Those vendors are always in the mall! I've seen them in NYC, ATL and back in my home town of Cincinnati. I wonder why they are all Middle Eastern in EVERY city! And they are rude!

Girl, I live in Lansing, Michigan. Our little malls don't have people pushing flat irons on you. I was shocked. He was very rude but I really couldn't take him seriously.

SexySin985 said:

I wanted to buy a new flat iron and also buy the CHI Silk Infusions (cuz it's seems to be such a big hit on the board I had to try it). So I go to the mall and go inside of Trade Secrets. I look around and I see the CHI S.I. and I was looking at the flat irons. It turned out that the flat irons in their was too pricey for my budget so I just bought the S. I. and then left.

So I walk around the corner and there is a booth set up with all these pretty flat irons and there was a vidoe showin an A.A. woman getting her natural 4a/b hair straighten. So then this woman (the vendor who happens to be white) walks around the corner and says (to me) "your hair would look a lot better if it looked like that (pointing to the after picture on the t.v. screen of the black woman with straight hair)

Now mind you my hair is texlaxed and I had it up in a pony tail with a lil bang out swooping along the side of my face. I was so shocked when she said that I didn't even know what to say:(

Then this heffer proceeds to rake her hands through my bang as she is bringing the hot a$$ iron towards it. I slap the he!! outta her hand and said "did I tell you to touch my hair! And furthermore my hair doesn't need to be straight to be beautiful!" :mad:

Then she was like "Ma'am, I'm sorry I didn't mean to offend you. I just meant it would be easier to style if it were straighter":eek: :eek: :eek: And at this point I'm wondering why this woman is still talkin. "So I said you have no idea what MY hair is like" and just walked away.

DANG MA you hit her.:lachen: Good for you.

SexySin985 said:
LOL:lol: I get stopped by them everytime even though I say I'm not interested:ohwell:

But you know who I abosolutly HATE those people with the cameras that sells the pics(pics of you) in mugs, mousepads, T-shirts, etc.

They just snap your pic while you walkin in the mall and then send it to the tv on top of their booth for eveyone to see. And they always do it when I have my children with me. I'll be be walkin and then I hear a snap then I see a pic on my kids on a t.v. screen while the vendor is already printing out the pic and inserting it in a mug and trying to sell it to me for $10:mad:

The sneaky heffers are quick!

I am in shock right now. I was reading this to my daughter and she said that they do it to her at our mall. WTH!:mad:

SexySin985 said:

All I can say is ..SHE SAID WHAT?!?!:eek: :eek: AND YOU SAID WHAT..AND THEN SHE TOUCHED WHAT?!?!.:eek: :eek: :eek: ..AND YOU DID WHAT?!!! :eek: :eek: GOOD FOR YOU!!! :grin: :grin: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: I'm just in shocked reading this!! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Those vendors are AGRESSIVE!! And not just the flat iron people, all of those vendors! The cell phone people, the nail product people, the acne system people, the little toy car people, etc. It is ANNOYING and while I really like shopping, having to practically run away from people while you're trying to get from store to store is just too much.

I don't want your little crappy product! If it was so wonderful, it wouldn't be sold at some kiosk in the middle of the mall!:mad:

Last edited:
MizAvalon, you're right the vendors are very agressive. I remember walking through the mall and this guy just appeared out of nowhere, like he was one of the X-Men or something, rubbing some kinda oil mess on my hand :( Then had the nerve to get mad when I said I didn't want it.

SexySin, I laughed out loud at your story. I would've slapped her hand too.

Incredible1ne said:
MizAvalon, you're right the vendors are very agressive. I remember walking through the mall and this guy just appeared out of nowhere, like he was one of the X-Men or something, rubbing some kinda oil mess on my hand :( Then had the nerve to get mad when I said I didn't want it.

SexySin, I laughed out loud at your story. I would've slapped her hand too.

That's exactly what I mean. Those vendors are terrible! I wonder if the malls get many complaints about them because they seem to have gotten worse in the past few years. There also seem to be more of them as well.:mad:

Back