Vegetable Glycerin

Nita81

I purchased a bottle of glycerin at Whole Foods. I wanted to make my own moisture mist. But it says it can be used as an emollient, skin soother, base for herbal extracts, and a natural sweetener. Did I get the right kind? Is glycerin supposed to be sweet? TIA

Glycerine is sweet. I learned that from my gyno when I thought I was allergic to condoms. Turns out the glycerin in the lubricant I was using breaks down to sugar and can lead to increased incidence of yeast infection in some women....Sorry, if that's too much info...:D

Last edited:
Nita81 said:
I purchased a bottle of glycerin at Whole Foods. I wanted to make my own moisture mist. But it says it can be used as an emollient, skin soother, base for herbal extracts, and a natural sweetener. Did I get the right kind? Is glycerin supposed to be sweet? TIA
I think bakers use vegetable glycerin in their cake frosting.

jwhitley6 said:
Glycerine is sweet. I learned that from my gyno when I thought I was allergic to condoms. Turns is the glycerin in the lubricant I was using breaks down to sugar and can lead to increased incidence of yeast infection in some women....Sorry, if that's too much info...:D

that is pretty interesting actually.

Back