Vaseline Really Works!!! THANKS LHCF

ellennicole

Okay, I have been doing this thing since March. I have been doing conditioner washes and the S-curl activator and I have seen a huge difference. I had been using Profectiv Healthy Ends on my ends with very little results. After reading Adrienne and Leejure's features I have really been focusing on my ends and puting Vaseline on my ends every time I do my bun. All I can say is WOW. When I went to get my trim my stylist kept commenting on how good my ends were. She didn't have to cut too much this time. She also commented on how wonderful my hair looked. Thanks again. I love this site. I'm so excited.

Congrats! I was just thinking I might get some vaseline for my ends this weekend. My ends been lookin "ruff" lately (
laugh.gif
) and I'm in the process of trying to simplify my regimen. I also have the healthy ends, and I tried using it the way people were using the vaseline, but I didn't see any great results either. So vaseline it is
smile.gif

It really has worked. I've never seen my ends look so good and sealed. It's been a godsend this winter, and granted, I don't use it everyday like some others on the site (I found it was too heavy/greasy for daily use), but I've had great results just using it post-shampoo and as needed.

[ QUOTE ]
ellennicole said:
After reading Adrienne and Leejure's features I have really been focusing on my ends and puting Vaseline on my ends every time I do my bun. All I can say is WOW. When I went to get my trim my stylist kept commenting on how good my ends were. She didn't have to cut too much this time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same here.
smile.gif
For the last 6-8 weeks before a touchup, I wear my hair in the same braided, vaselined bun all week. My ends stay nice and even despite the fine hair texture. My stylist double checked that I wanted a 1/4 inch trim last touchup. I didn't need it although he hadn't seen me in 3 months.

The only drawback is that the vaselined, braided ends are all stuck together until my next wash. I can't detangle before wetting the hair. (The vaseline rinses out really easily, though.)

I am glad to find so many of you are happy with this. I was skeptical at first because I thought that they hair was wet and would never get the opportunity to completely dry. I have had my hair dry rot on me when I wore weaves with wet my hair that never had the change to completely dry each day. So for better understand, is the end of the hair dry and then the Vaseline and bag it applied to the bun? If not, how are you doing this? I would love to experience those same results and also do this for my daughter a few days out of the week, if she wants to save her ends too.

Than you for your replies

1ariel, this is how I do it: after washing my hair and getting all my leave-ins distributed and combed through, I gather my hair up for either a ponytail or bun. I mix my Vaseline with some Keracare Essential Oils and slather that mixture on any hair that's hanging outside of my fist, starting at the ends and working my way up. I put it all over because my hair is layered, so I want to make sure all my ends are getting sealed, but I start at the bottom of the ponytail and move up so the tip ends get the most Vaseline. Then I bun/braid/whatever I'm gonna do (I don't do the baggie technique)

Like I said, I tend to only do this post-shampoo, but I have followed up on dry hair, as needed, a few days later. But before I apply the Vaseline, I mist my hair with some water and Infusium 23, because I don't like putting the Vaseline on completely dry hair.

Hope this helps!
smile.gif

1ariel,

On Sunday night, I shampoo and condition and sray in my leave in. Whille the hair is still damp (not dripping wet) I goop the vaseline onto the bottom 4-6 inches of hair. Then I braid the bun and leave it all weak. 2 Good Hair Day pins hold it in place.

The bun dries completely by Tuesday night. (But I still suffer from wet-head, as I apply Surge to my scalp on a remember-to basis.)

I take it down on Friday night to wash and wear my hair loose on the weekends.

Yes, if I'm using Vaseline on my ends, if dry, my hair must be made damp first by spraying it but not saturating it with whatevery spray mixture you use (I have distilled water and glycerin)and applying the Vaseline to seal in that moisture.

[ QUOTE ]
TrustMeLove said:
can you use vaseline when wearing a braid out?
-faye

[/ QUOTE ]
Most definitely! I only wear the braid-out style. I use either Vaseline or Castor Oil on the last 3 inches of my braids. The next day when I take the braids down my hair looks awesome. Big thanks to Leejure and Adrienne for this tip.
grin.gif

Thank you Ladies for your instructions. No that I better understand the process I am excited to try it out very soon. I will keep you all posted on my progress. I will also make my daughter understand the if you wants to keep her long hair that she will have to do a much better job of letting us take care of it.

Back