Vacation Hair for a Transitioner

blksndrlla

So, my SO and I are going to Mexico in a few weeks and I have no idea what to do with my hair. I don't like braids b/c I have a reallly big head :blush:. I was going to get a sew-in, but I don't know how natural a full head would look. I've been looking, but yeah... I figure I can't do a partial considering I want to get in water. I generally wear my hair in a twist out and bun it the rest of the weeks, but I don't want to hassle with my hair during vacation.

Any pics? or suggestions?

THANKS!

try kinky twist. you can wear them down at night when you go out with hubby or in a bun for sight seeing/swimming in the day?

Try wigs (half or full). I used half wigs on our trip to Jamaica last month and on a trip to New Orleans last week. It was soooo easy!

Kinky twists for sure, easily retwisted after water sports and you can always do a cute twistout with a headband or scarf...easy, breezy, casual vacation hair.

i got a sew- in on my vacation once with this stuff called indian curly, it blended so nicely too... comes straight in the pack, then every time you wet it, it gets curlier... i looked like a video girl LOL.:gorgeous: i usually twist my hair on vacations tho since you can get em wet and they get prettier every day that passes... and there is little detangling to do when you get home.

Attachments

• straight.jpg
    straight.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 23
  • curly.jpg
    curly.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 31
i got a sew- in on my vacation once with this stuff called indian curly, it blended so nicely too... comes straight in the pack, then every time you wet it, it gets curlier... i looked like a video girl LOL.:gorgeous: i usually twist my hair on vacations tho since you can get em wet and they get prettier every day that passes... and there is little detangling to do when you get home.

I love your sew-in. was it a partial or full? and where did you get the hair?

I would do some braids with human hair - you wont have this worry when you fully transition though!

I love your sew-in. was it a partial or full? and where did you get the hair?
YAY THANKS! I did it myself! It is called indian curly from milky way, I live in MD and I found it at my beauty supply store, they also sell it on www.hairsisters.com
it is like $40 a pack and its human... I liked it cuz I wore it in huge curls, crimped, and all these other styles for 2 weeks, then I washed it and used a serum and a conditioning spray and it looked like the 2nd pic i put up...

Back