V05 And Wet Buns Revisited

inthepink

Anyone else still doing V05 and wet buns on a daily or every other day basis? I did one today using Strawberries and Cream and I am very impressed. Each time I use Strawberries and Cream, I love it more and more. My bun turned out well, also. My hair is soft, manageable, and moisturized. I really love this wet bun.

I do wet buns, and imo it works well with any conditioner (as long as it provides some slip). I've been doing this for a long time, and I'm sure I'll continue to do it.

My hair isn't long enough for buns yet, but I sure do love that strawberries and cream conditioner. I can't believe that one of the best conditioners I have found is less than a buck!

I'm still at it. Like Anky, it'll probably be my hair staple for a long time to come
smile.gif
I love what conditioner only washes do for my hair.

i just bought some VO5 today for 38 cents each at walmart. I bought strawberry and blueberry. i cant wait to try them. i couldnt find apple blossom though. looking forward to giving this a try.

i just bought some VO5 today for 38 cents each at walmart. I bought strawberry and blueberry. i cant wait to try them. i couldnt find apple blossom though. looking forward to giving this a try.

38 cents! Wow.
Well like I said, the strawberry is great, but in my opinion the blueberry smells so sick. I am not even jokin'. I gave it to my mom. Bad choice. I guess I didn't put it together that when she used it, I still had to be around her
smile.gif
Plus it does nothing to condition. It leaves my hair very tangled. That being said, good luck with that!
laugh.gif

please me too!
Also do you ladies wear your buns 24/7 or do you take them down and night and braid your hair before going to bed? What kinds of bands do you use to put your pony tail in to prepare your bun? One last question, after your shower, do you oil your scalp or just mosturize the top layer of hair? Thanks ladies

Chaya,

Typically, I'll only wear my bun during the day. At night, I take it down and pin my hair on top of my head. I would not be able to sleep with a bun! Plus, I wouldn't want to pull my hair while sleeping. I also want to give the hair a chance to dry.

I don't do anything to prepare for a bun. Just twirl my hair around my scrunchy...I do this whether doing a wet or dry bun.

After my shower or hair wash, I usually moisturize my new growth and then do the bun.

HTH

Thanks!! I have always braided my hair before going to bed, I think thats because that is what my mother used to do. But I think ill cut out the oiling the scalp routine. That takes entirely too long!

"Vo5 & Wet Buns" Was one of my All Time favorite threads. Along with the "How-To".

I did the vo5/wet bun in the summer from the start of that thread til about mid-August ish.. I'm kinda scare to do in the the Winter, in NY but I do miss it.

loving the strawberries and cream...

about 2 times a week-when i get home i take down my bun....and spray my enitre head with lekair cholesterol & the strawberries and cream VO5 conditioner( the 2 are mixed in my spray bottle i use more of the conditoner)...and let it sit for about an hour and wash it out..this leaves my hair soft--detangled and has done wonders for my transitioning...esp since i am a 4a

[ QUOTE ]
Maestradiva77 said:
38 cents! No fair! I paid 88 cents!!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i had a 50 cent off coupon for all alberto VO5 products but it wass 88 cents though...lol

Back