"V" shaped members...

CHECKMATE!

...are u experiencing multiple layers as well...my front is under my chin...sides are bwtn SL and APL and my back is BSB/BSL with the "tip" grazing MBL...I guess my question is...do u use your "tip" (longest layer) as a guide (as I do) or do measure your length according to the length of the majority of hair strands...I would love to know your thoughts:yep:

I'm a V'er. I'm claiming length by my tip, but in my head i still don't feel like i'm at/near BSL. I probably won't feel that way until it's a bit more full BUT i'm claiming it anyway :grin:

I'm a V'er. I'm claiming length by my tip, but in my head i still don't feel like i'm at/near BSL. I probably won't feel that way until it's a bit more full BUT i'm claiming it anyway :grin:

ITA with this. this is me totaly. i say go on and claim that tip length.

I have a "V" along w/ multiple layers. The front of my hair is below chin the sides are collar bone and the back is grazing apl with the tip passed apl. So, Im claiming APL!

we share the same sentiment:yep:...it's sometime frstrating since my natural layers are offthe chain...I've tried cutting the tip (years ago to keep it blunt,but I noticed I only maintained,not attained length...go figure:ohwell:...I've learned to embraced it over the past year...I was just curious how many other members could relate to this

:yep: This is me... the majority of my hair is BSL but I have about 3 inches just below my bra (ok - maybe 2.5:grin:) then the front is bottom of neck, sides apl. I'm trying to claim MBL but feel guilty so I think I'll be full MBL by end of summer. At latest November (my one yr LHCF Anniversery)

I have a "V" along w/ multiple layers. The front of my hair is below chin the sides are collar bone and the back is grazing apl with the tip passed apl. So, Im claiming APL!

...so u are saying that u measure yor hair based on the length just above the tip?...will u do this for BSL/MBL as well?...seems fair...maybe I will adopt this same mindset:yep:

we share the same sentiment:yep:...it's sometime frstrating since my natural layers are offthe chain...I've tried cutting the tip (years ago to keep it blunt,but I noticed I only maintained,not attained length...go figure:ohwell:...I've learned to embraced it over the past year...I was just curious how many other members could relate to this

i swear you all are reading my thoughts tonight. i used to cut that tip off maybe twice a year. and it was always there. i havent cut that thing in about 2 years now. im just gonna roll with it and see where it takes me.

:yep: This is me... the majority of my hair is BSL but I have about 3 inches just below my bra (ok - maybe 2.5:grin:) then the front is bottom of neck, sides apl. I'm trying to claim MBL but feel guilty so I think I'll be full MBL by end of summer. At latest November (my one yr LHCF Anniversery)

I did too...when I claimed BSL dont feel bad:look:...I said I need to talk to some members who understand the "V" struggle:grin:

This is me too..wow..thought I was one of the few. Is is possible to go from a V to...i guess even length or is that just the hand i was dealt?

i swear you all are reading my thoughts tonight. i used to cut that tip off maybe twice a year. and it was always there. i havent cut that thing in about 2 years now. im just gonna roll with it and see where it takes me.

lol:lachen:me toooo...it was driving me nuts...I had to grow to love/embrace the tip,seriously:look:

lol:lachen:me toooo...it was driving me nuts...I had to grow to love/embrace the tip,seriously:look:

yep! i really would never maintain a blunt cut anyway so what was i gonna do? lol. besides i always wear my hair in a bun so no one know about my V except yall.

This is me too..wow..thought I was one of the few. Is is possible to go from a V to...i guess even length or is that just the hand i was dealt?
I doubt it...unless u cut it evenly across (blunt)...love your "tip" girl:look:...I get alot of compliments on it...especially when its curly...then u really see the layers...I look at it like this...some people have to cut their hair for layers...we naturally have them...lets embrace them together:grin:

Last edited:

the only way would be to chop up to an even length.:wallbash::sad: something i would never ever ever ever ever ever (you get the point) be able to do.

trini rican you better keep that V.....lol.

:lachen: I'm trying. When I go to the dominican salon though my girl is always like, "you need to let me cut the back even", I'm like no -quiero esperar por dos meses mas por favor (I wanna wait a for 2 more months pleez):grin: She always seems upset when I say this :ohwell: They are clueless as to what lengths we go through to get this hair long and healthy.

:lachen: I'm trying. When I go to the dominican salon though my girl is always like, "you need to let me cut the back even", I'm like no -quiero esperar por dos meses mas por favor (I wanna wait a for 2 more months pleez):grin: She always seems upset when I say this :ohwell: They are clueless as to what lengths we go through to get this hair long and healthy.

hey as long as your on the paying side of the bizness, then she can be all the upset she wants to be.....lol:yep:

I know when I reach MBL I will want a small V, not severe though. I don't want to reach MBL at a blunt length, I like the idea of layers through my hair

I go to a Dom. Salon as well and I had to "coach" her not to toch my hair with scissors...so I feel your pain girl:yep:

I know when I reach MBL I will want a small V, not severe though. I don't want to reach MBL at a blunt length, I like the idea of layers through my hair

same here...I think layers scream sex appeal...especially when they are long and curly...laying on your back...swangin' as uwalk...ahhhhh...looking forward to the feeling:yep:...but I cant lie...it would be nice to have it straight and even:grin:

same here...I think layers scream sex appeal...especially when they are long and curly...laying on your back...swangin' as uwalk...ahhhhh...looking forward to the feeling:yep:...but I cant lie...it would be nice to have it straight and even:grin:

ITA. with all you said especially the bold. It would be nice to be blunt at one point just to make it "official" no questions asked

i look at blunt ends with envy sometimes too.

...so u are saying that u measure yor hair based on the length just above the tip?...will u do this for BSL/MBL as well?...seems fair...maybe I will adopt this same mindset:yep:

Actually, I kindof just took an average.:grin: Since my hair (in the back) ranges from just grazing apl to below apl, Ill settle for apl!!!

Back