V-day What is sexy hair?

melodee

I wanna do an allover sexy look for V-day for my man. I got the outfit covered, but help me with a sexy hair style.

I've got brastrap length texlaxed locks with long layers. Now, I'm not choppin', but if you'd like to discuss sexy cuts as well, feel free to do so as well.

Wear your hair up then when it is time to do the do let him take it down. The hairstyle is for you, not him. I don't think it would matter much for him.

Rollersets, or rollerset hair finger combed into a loose up-do w/some curls hanging (if that makes sense) one of those styles that takes little effort but is sooo sexy in my book. ummmm what else, I think that's it, lol, atleast all I can think of. :ohwell:

ThickHair said:
Wear your hair up then when it is time to do the do let him take it down. The hairstyle is for you, not him. I don't think it would matter much for him.
You wouldn't believe to how many men it does, on romantic nights the whole package is very well scoped out. Even if they don't let you know it, it's years later they mention something about a specific thing that wasn't so important to you but it was to them.

How about spiral curls from a flexirod set. That is my dh favorite style or a braidout. Both easy to do and lasts longer than a day or two.

ThickHair said:

Basically, my hubby doesn't care as long as I don't have a scarf on. He cares about the outfit...or lack thereof. :lol:

But I think a nice updo with curls hanging down would be really cute, simple, and sexy. Or all down with big loose curls. Sometimes it depends on the outfit too.

In my experience sexy hair to men is straight hair. Spirals are seen as cute most times, not sexy.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
Rollersets, or rollerset hair finger combed into a loose up-do w/some curls hanging (if that makes sense) one of those styles that takes little effort but is sooo sexy in my book. ummmm what else, I think that's it, lol, atleast all I can think of. :ohwell:

I was thinking the same thing.

qtgirl said:
In my experience sexy hair to men is straight hair. Spirals are seen as cute most times, not sexy.

Gotta disagree with you on this one! I would suggest a twist out, or any style that gives you big hair! (something like my avatar pic) In my experience, men go crazy over some big hair. Straight hair (at least for my husband) signals "I can't get it wet or sweat, so take it easy".

I think sexy hair is like the Oprah wild curly look. Kind of deconstructed spirals but soft not crunchy.

Hair that's touchable and smells good - won't fall apart if he pokes it ya know :look:
Whatever style you choose, maybe you could spritz it lightly w/ a sexy scent.

According to the book discussed in the OT Forum, "Hair is Sexual" by hair stylist, Barry Fletcher, he says:

"I've always found loose, natural-looking hair more sexy than the artificial, fixed styles that hair stylists often create. I never understand why hairdressers try to fix women's hair so perfectly. It's not the style or the perfection of a woman's hair that makes it sexually compelling; i's the health, radiance and freedom of hair which men find so magnetic."

He says a LOT more too and includes what all men love about women's hair and what our hair says about us.

Hmm interesting discussion. Curly vs. tossled waves vs. straight!

Nice suggestions--keep em comin':)

My husband isn't picky, but he prefers either big curls w/ body or long braid extensions ( for reasons I won't tell). I'm not doin' the braids right now, so that is out.

simplycee said:
How about spiral curls from a flexirod set. That is my dh favorite style or a braidout. Both easy to do and lasts longer than a day or two.

I agree with this style, this is also my dh favorite style. He :love: it. I will be wearing this style on his birthday. :D

Isis said:
According to the book discussed in the OT Forum, "Hair is Sexual" by hair stylist, Barry Fletcher, he says:

"I've always found loose, natural-looking hair more sexy than the artificial, fixed styles that hair stylists often create. I never understand why hairdressers try to fix women's hair so perfectly. It's not the style or the perfection of a woman's hair that makes it sexually compelling; i's the health, radiance and freedom of hair which men find so magnetic."

He says a LOT more too and includes what all men love about women's hair and what our hair says about us.

I totally agree with this. I may have to go buy this book! :p

I vote for tousled, great smelling hair. Something that can be worn up initially and taken down later to let the beast out..if you know what I mean.

A moist, shiny rollerset with big curls later to be waves :grin:

Do your men like updos at all? Not tight french rolls or anything...but loosly pinned up like some of you mentioned. Do men like it that way?

Do your guys touch your hair alot??

qtgirl said:
yeah mine likes my hair straight and down..and he likes the smell of it too.

Hair that smells great. I would personally go for either straight or a big tousled rollerset. Even sexy waves you'd get from Caruso rollers or other rollers you can just pop in your hair after heating and let it down to get the waves. Both are sensual. I don't do spiral sets cuz they are mashed after one day of wear-> Sorry but V-Day is a Tuesday, and I have work the next day!

Suri said:
I vote for tousled, great smelling hair. Something that can be worn up initially and taken down later to let the beast out..if you know what I mean.

A moist, shiny rollerset with big curls later to be waves :grin:

The tousled look is very sexy, I think.

I agree with the big hair statement. No matter how often I wear my hair "big" with my carusos. my fiance compliments me. He doesn't say much when my hair is straight. My hair is armpit length and layered.

Update--
I had to celebrate this past weekend. It wound up being wonderful, we did an overnight trip and I'll spare you the details, but it was absolutely fabulous!

I went with the loose curls--got a very loose set and let it loosen throughout the day. At night I was left with a lot of body. When I put on my special nightime "outfit" I was amazed by how well the hair went with the whole look. I was like a short Adriana Lima.:grin: ;)

My husband love it. And since I had gotten shampooed with Dominican herbal products, it smelled nice enough so I didn't add any oils.

The loose curl with body was an excellent suggestion. I will try to post a pic (I'll have to find one I "can" post.):lol:

melodee said:
Update--
I had to celebrate this past weekend. It wound up being wonderful, we did an overnight trip and I'll spare you the details, but it was absolutely fabulous!

I went with the loose curls--got a very loose set and let it loosen throughout the day. At night I was left with a lot of body. When I put on my special nightime "outfit" I was amazed by how well the hair went with the whole look. I was like a short Adriana Lima.:grin: ;)

My husband love it. And since I had gotten shampooed with Dominican herbal products, it smelled nice enough so I didn't add any oils.

The loose curl with body was an excellent suggestion. I will try to post a pic (I'll have to find one I "can" post.):lol:
:lol: I really look forward to your hairpic of the loose curls! I bet it was very pretty.

Back