Using ceramic flatirons or curling irons?

Tai

I wondered if any of you use ceramic flat irons or curling irons regularly (once a week) with any success? Do they seem to be less damaging than regular styling tools?
I've been airdrying and my hair is not shedding like it usually does when I use my regular blowdrier & curling iron but I also haven't come anywhere close to perfecting a style that I like.
frown.gif

Also does anyone use an Ionic hairdryer w/ any success or are they more or less the same as a regular blow drier?

I wash my hair every monday and thursday and use a FHI ceramic flat iron. Before I iron I use Dudley's Creme Press as a heat protectant and my hair is fine.

Since joining the board after washing I put my hair in a ponytail and let it airdry. I no longer use a blowdryer/hair dryer

I got a ceramic flat iron today too....

i dont think the PJ challenge ladies will click here, so im safe to say it here
sekret.gif

i dont even know if im'a use it....omg thats bad , ive never even used one before, only a pressing comb and was doing just fine and not even thinking about a flat iron till i walked into Salleys today, dont make no dang sense...
laugh.gif

My cousin is 3 inches away from her waist and she uses the curling iron everyday and her hair is very very healthy, but somehow I think she's the exception to the rule.

I got a Jilbere ceramic iron and i just seen this name too many times here , so i got it....but i dont know what kind it is? FHI, CHI or wha?

i cant start a new thread to ask either, so im hiding out asking on this thread?
thinking they aint gonna click on the flat iron thread cause they already have one
sekret.gif

so how do i find out what kind i have? it also says it can be used on wet or dry hair. it has little vents in it.

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
I got a Jilbere ceramic iron and i just seen this name too many times here , so i got it....but i dont know what kind it is? FHI, CHI or wha?

i cant start a new thread to ask either, so im hiding out asking on this thread?
thinking they aint gonna click on the flat iron thread cause they already have one
sekret.gif

so how do i find out what kind i have? it also says it can be used on wet or dry hair. it has little vents in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see you over here!! Now, just what kind of Jilbere did you get? Is it the porcelain ceramic one that I have?

FHI or Chi - that's a brand name...so if you have Jilbere, you don't have Chi or FHI.

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:

sekret.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think I've heard of a flat iron for wet hair. Is it a blowdryer, you said it had vents.

is it a CHI or what? what is the diffence with all those anyway, the CHI or FHI or the other one...i never did get that

As Hairlove said they are different brands, meaning different companies make them. Just like you have shampoo but you can have Neutrogena shampoo, Nexxus, Elasta QP etc.

I have never used Jibere so can't say, but I don't see why it shouldn't be

[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
As Hairlove said they are different brands, meaning different companies make them. Just like you have shampoo but you can have Neutrogena shampoo, Nexxus, Elasta QP etc.

I have never used Jibere so can't say, but I don't see why it shouldn't be

[/ QUOTE ] OH thats what the difference is between the CHI and stuff...ive always seen it , but i wasnt knowin, i thought maybe one was better than the other or somethin....oh well , i still dont know what mine is
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
Your brand is Jibere

[/ QUOTE ]
i know thats the brand, what i was asking was if its a CHI or FHI or whatever the other one is...or is it that you know by brand? i dunno im confused though , just wanna make sure the one that i got is good, and the using it on wet hair thing is cool...im all new to flat irons

Chi is a brand, and FHI is a brand, so if you have a Jibere you cannot have a CHI or a FHI. If you have a CHI it cannot be a FHI or Jibere.

You CANNOT hava a Jibere CHI or a Jibere FHI, if that is what you are asking?

I'm scared to use my CHI too often.That thing smokes like crazy!I think I will stick to once in a blue moon

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
I'm scared to use my CHI too often.That thing smokes like crazy!I think I will stick to once in a blue moon

[/ QUOTE ]

It smokes???? what temp is it on?

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
CHI and FHI are brand names (just like Jilbere is a brand name).

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
ohhh thats why she kept saying it was a jilbere...omg ok i know i was clueless and thangs....but i thought it was a kind of curling iron as in performance not brand...ok i got it now...thank you .. and thank you for the patience
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
Chi is a brand, and FHI is a brand, so if you have a Jibere you cannot have a CHI or a FHI. If you have a CHI it cannot be a FHI or Jibere.

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
yeah that explains it now...i thought the CHI and FHI things indicated something it did , or level of performance not brand...ok i feel silly, but i got it now...thank you for explaining it and being patient.

[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
katie said:

[/ QUOTE ]

It smokes???? what temp is it on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the original CHI.Not the Turbo.So it has no heat setting.All I know is it eventually gets up to 450 degrees

ok now that i got that confusion mix up out of my head...i dont even know why i thought that...i never really paid attention to the flat iron threads, cause i really didnt think i was gonna buy one...all i kept seeing was CHI, FHI and the other and jilbere
laugh.gif

my next question , anybody use this kind before ? that works on wet and dry hair?

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:

[/ QUOTE ]
laugh.gif
yeah that explains it now...i thought the CHI and FHI things indicated something it did , or level of performance not brand...ok i feel silly, but i got it now...thank you for explaining it and being patient.

[/ QUOTE ]

No prob, we're all here to help each other.

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
ok now that i got that confusion mix up out of my head...i dont even know why i thought that...i never really paid attention to the flat iron threads, cause i really didnt think i was gonna buy one...all i kept seeing was CHI, FHI and the other and jilbere
laugh.gif

my next question , anybody use this kind before ? that works on wet and dry hair?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never even knew you could use a flat iron on wet hair, so someone else will have to help you there.

Back