Using ceramic flatirons or curling irons?

[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
I'm scared to use my CHI too often.That thing smokes like crazy!I think I will stick to once in a blue moon

[/ QUOTE ]

It smokes???? what temp is it on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the original CHI.Not the Turbo.So it has no heat setting.All I know is it eventually gets up to 450 degrees

[/ QUOTE ]

Katie,
I don't like those because you cant do the settings yourself. I wonder if it automatically goes to 450,or maybe its broken. If you have the receipt take it back to the store and get another and see if the same thing happens, better yet get one where you can set the degree you want.

[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
[ QUOTE ]
bocagirl said:
[ QUOTE ]
katie said:
I'm scared to use my CHI too often.That thing smokes like crazy!I think I will stick to once in a blue moon

[/ QUOTE ]

It smokes???? what temp is it on?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have the original CHI.Not the Turbo.So it has no heat setting.All I know is it eventually gets up to 450 degrees

[/ QUOTE ]

Katie,
I don't like those because you cant do the settings yourself. I wonder if it automatically goes to 450,or maybe its broken. If you have the receipt take it back to the store and get another and see if the same thing happens, better yet get one where you can set the degree you want.

[/ QUOTE ]

It gets hotter the longer you press the plates between you r hair and the harder you press so in a way you do have temperature control.
The store also said they can't get the Turbo in Canadawhich is where I bought it.(I guess unless you get it off Ebay or something)Only the Original CHI is available.

Thanks for all the info on the ceramic flatirons.
Do you think these would be okay to use once a week or should they only be used for rare usage?

I am really enjoying my ceramic flat iron. I hesistated getting one, but received one for my birthday. It gives my hair the look and feel that I want: straight, smooth, silky, with body.

I own a Farouk CHI Turbo Mini.7 inch flat iron.

northernbelle

BTW - I use my flat iron once a week, and have done so for the past four weeks. I have not noted any problems.

northernbelle

I now use the Jilbere ceramic iron from Sally's ($39.99). Before I began using it, I used the Gold-n-Hot flat iron.

I noticed a difference immediately when comapred to my GNH. First, the ceramic one doesn't smoke or leave my hair hotter than a mug after I use it. With the ceramic, I've noticed that my hair is a lot silkier, straighter, and does not frizz.

I would defintely recommend this ceramic iron.

Back