Using a Diffuser on Relaxed Hair...

lonei

Hey guys

I usually rollerset and maxiglide (flat iron) the roots of my hair but am looking for ways to speed up the drying process as I sit under the dryer for 2 hours. Can you use a diffuser to dry your hair then flat iron it afterwards? I am textlaxed, do you think it would produce similar results to the texture acheived when rollersetting?

Thanks

Roller setting results? Probably not, you'd more likely get a texture similar to a braidout or a twistout on the 2nd or 3rd day. Those are the results I get, but I guess it depends on your hair texture.

Have you ever used the diffuser and straightened it afterwards? Even if you havent, please explain your method of using it in detail, thanks

Never tried it. MsKibbi (sp) has youtube tutorial & she is using a diffuser to help speed up/set rollers. She is relaxed. HTH

When I was using one after I detangled and applied product to my hair I would flip my head over and scrunch my hair w my hands while blowing my hair upward w the diffuser.

I just used my diffuser today for my wash n go... not for a rollerset though. I only do that AFTER I blow dry and flatiron.

I've tried drying with a diffuser and then flat ironing... My hair doesn't get as straight. I'm not a fan so I never did it again. I'm tex-laxed too.

Back