Using a curling iron....

NAY007

Hey ladies,

I just purchased a curling iron and used it too with great results. I used African Pride Grease and Therma Silk Hairspray on each section of hair and then curled it.

Although I was very happy with my curls and how they lasted I want to know if you only use grease or also hair spray or only a serum...

Also, I'm pretty sure everybody use their curling irons on DRY hair, right?

Please give me some advice ladies.

Thanks,

Nay.

I'm thinking that using the grease is probably ok but using hairspray is not. I would think that you'd need to get a nice heat protectant. I have only used one heat protectant and that's Pantene. It seems to work ok for me. I use a smoothing serum by Aveda and then the heat protectant before curling each section. When I curled my hair, it was mostly dry but somewhat damp.

I use this "grease" stuff by ORS, it's the tea trea oil one. Curls turn out so pretty w/the curling iron. However, I wouldn't use hair spray, I'd be afraid of that
ohwell.gif
That will fry your hair. Remember the days of stiff bangs and you'd spritz and then curl and hear that sizzle?

Yes, I know what you two are talking about when it comes to the hairspray. But the curls turned out so pretty and they lasted too and didn't frizz...but yes it is damaging:(
Thanks for your advice.

Nay, there is another product you can use to get similar curls that hold without frizz. It's by Pantene and it's called Styling Shaper Healthy Spray Gel. I used to use this all the time when I was relaxed b/c my hair wouldn't hold curl. I hope they still make this product b/c I have my old bottle that I probably bought 2 years ago.

Back in the days when I used curling irons, I had a product by Biolage, I don't remember the name of it, but it was a heat protectant spray, and it worked great!! The curls stayed for a long time, too!!
smile.gif

Here it is... I found it on a website... Biolage

Thank you so much for that advice!

Lindy,

that Biolage product sounds pretty good to me and I think I will buy it and try it. I think this is just what I was looking for:) Thanks.

Back