Used Redken products for wash at HairCuttery.

Mizani_Mrs

Ladies i just wanted to share this information for anyone who is curious about Redken products. Of course I can't speak for everyones hair, since all of our hair is different. But Redken totally dried the crap out of my hair this monday... for real. On monday, i was planning to go to HairCuttery to get my hair rollerset. Before I arrived, I coated my dry hair with a generous amount of nexxus hummectress, a dab of keraphix and a squirt of oil. So I arrive and the stylist used a Redken moisturizing shampoo, washed twice and put redken conditioner on my hair for 3mins then rinsed me out. She sat me in the chair, added biosilk leavein/setting foam to my hair. And my hair was sooooo hard to detangle. My hair was just relaxed 2 weeks ago and it was bonestraight, so the detangling should have been a breeze. She was surprised that it was so hard to detangle. and i told her that my hair is usually very easy to detangle especially with using Nexxus. She said its happened before to african american hair. So a lesson learned....I will NEVER use Redken products again and i will be sure to inform them to not use Redken on my hair either. They also carry Mizani, Dudley, and Nairobi products so i dont know why she chose redken.

I know redken has serveral different poos and conds so i'm not sure which one it was though.... :ohwell:

Which Redken products did she use? Maybe she didnt use the right one for your hair type. Unless their products are only targeted to people with straight, fine, and limp hair.

I'm actually surprised. The redken leave in that I use is amazing. Soft on contact even when I'm stretching. I use the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap leave-in in the blue bottle..
Maybe it was the humectress?? because I know when I use humectress on my dry hair, it tangles..

I'm sorry you didnt like it. I was thinking about moving to the All Soft line next..

tuffCOOKiE said:
I'm actually surprised. The redken leave in that I use is amazing. Soft on contact even when I'm stretching. I use the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap leave-in in the blue bottle..
Maybe it was the humectress?? because I know when I use humectress on my dry hair, it tangles..

I'm sorry you didnt like it. I was thinking about moving to the All Soft line next..
I'm surprised as well and I'm sorry you had a negative experience. I'm a Hair Cuttery stylist and use their products on all of my
"ethnic" clients with no problems. It sounds as though your stylist did not select the proper Redken products for your hair. The four commonly used Redken shampoo and conditioners are: All Soft, Extreme, Color Extend and Smooth Down and neither of them are drying. It's important to know which one she used on you before you swear off them. I let my clients know which products I'm using on them and why, and your stylist should have done the same. The more I think about it, it's possible she used the Hair Cleansing Cream, a clarifying shampoo, which could have the effect you described. I get the impression she is not a stylist of color and may have thought that you had product build-up due to the products you applied prior to your visit.

As for the Anti-Snap, I swear by it. It truly does strengthen hair. I use it on my own hair after every shampoo or co-wash, and I have noticed an increase in my hair's elasticity. I have not had a problem with any Redken shampoo or conditioner drying out my hair and I've used a number of them over the years.

Back