Can we talk Redken?

I absolutely :love: Redken!!

What I especially love about them is their Hair Profile...basically, you go to their site, Redken.com....then you answer a few questions about your hair...then they recommend products that best fits your hair profile:

My staple product is their Heavy Detangling Cream for Dry Damaged hair

I use a few products in their Color Extend and Clear Moisture Lines

I love Redken Deep fuel (in the Strength and Repair line)

In the Summer, I use their Sun Protection Line:
After Sun Conditioner
Daily Sun Milk Leave In Moisturizing Conditioner
Protective Oil Leave in Smoother

I buy em all from Ricky's in Soho:grin:

A little does go a long way...It too me a year to finish finish their So Soft Heavy Cream

Last edited:

What I especially love about them is their Hair Profile...basically, you go to their site, Redken.com....then you answer a few questions about your hair...then they recommend products that best fits your hair profile:

After Sun Conditioner

What do you use from the color and clear moisture lines?

Someone upthread mentioned that they couldn't find sample sizes--if you go to Ulta, they have the whole Redken line with the sample sizes right next to them.

Things I have used from their various lines:

All Soft: Shampoo, Conditioner, Heavy Cream (deep conditioner)
Smooth Down: Shampoo, Butter Treat, Detangling Cream
Extreme: Anti-Snap, Rescue Force

I'm really happy with everything I've tried, and have upgraded to bigger sizes in every thing except the Detangling Cream and the Anti-Snap--but only because I'm still working my way through the sample sizes. When those are gone, I will upgrade. I'm wondering if I need more Rescue Force--I used the whole sample in one go, but my hair felt so great afterwards. Curls was poppin errrwhere! Although, it's protein, and I don't think I need anymore protein treatments. Maybe when I finish something, I will replace it with the Rescue Force.

I like switching up what I use on my hair so it doesn't get used to any one thing. I wonder if that would happen if one were to use Redken exclusively--they have many different lines under their umbrella.

thanks for sharing this. I was wondering where I can purchase the Redken samples b/c I only saw full size bottles in Target yesterday.

My staple Redken products are the Extreme Deep Fuel and Rescue Force, and the (discontinued) All Soft Addictive Hair Transformer. I also use the Anti Snap and the C.A.T. as needed, which is not very often. Great products. I love the ceramides and lipids. :grin:

Once in a while I use the Clear Moisture Moist Ends and the All Soft Velvet Whip. I am going to try the Extreme Conditioner tonight for the first time, so we'll see. I want to try the Color Extend Rich Defender and Total Recharge. :yep:

So I recieved my butter treat yesterday...I applied it to dry hair sectioned it off at sat under the pibbs for 30 minutes on 50.I was confused when I rinsed.It felt like my hair had been instantly de-frizzed :perplexedI figured my hair would get back to its normal 95%frizz 5%texture self after it dried and started to shrink.:rolleyes:WRONG!!I allowed my hair to drip dry on a towel and then bun it in two buns while it dried.This morning when I woke up,my hair was softer with a whole lot less shrinkage.I have no idea where all of myfrizz/bulk/shrinkage went but I think I'm in love.:love:

I am still waiting for my hair to shrink up even though its completly dry.I think I may use it as a leave in for a braid out.

I love Redken products! I have been using them for almost a year. I first tried the Smooth Down line (shampoo, conditioner), Butter Treat, and heat glide. I used them before straightening my hair and for great results. It helped protect my hair from the heat and also made my hair really soft and smooth. I have since moved on and started using the Color Extend line (shampoo and conditioner) and I love these as well. I have had no breakage at all from my highlightes and my color hasn't faded at all.

*sigh* I just went to the Reken site, and all I can say is that my hubby's gonna hate you guys :rofl:

I wanna get the Heat Glide, Butter Treat, Heavy Cream and a deep conditioner from the Extreme line. Where can I get Redken online? I live in a small city and we don't have classy things like Redken here :lol:

Yeah, I can tell that I am going to be a Redken groupie. I got all of the Extreme products and a few from the Smooth Down line. I am in the process of using them so we shall see.

I purchased the generic brand of the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap last week. I've only used it once but I feel like my breakage has subsided a bit. It seems like it has a lot of protein in it (wheat amino acids, soy protein, arginine, wheat protein). But then again I'm not really sure what constitutes a light protein or heavy protein. So I need you all to chime in. Those who use the Extreme Anti-Snap, how often do you use it?

After Sun Conditioner

A little does go a long way...It too me a year to finish their So Soft Heavy Cream

I was so mad that Ulta only carries the UV line during the summer. I'm like hello UV rays know no season. :nono: :ohwell:

Who sells Redken ?????

Ulta, Trade Secret, JCPenny's salons....they all carry it.

Ulta and JcPennys has good sales on redken everyonce and a while. I know Ulta does a buy2 get one free thing alot with almost all of the brands they carry including redken.

Ulta, Trade Secret, JCPenny's salons....they all carry it.

Ulta and JcPennys has good sales on redken everyonce and a while. I know Ulta does a buy2 get one free thing alot with almost all of the brands they carry including redken.

Thanks ....I swear U guys are trying to turn me into a product junkie... I must resist...It's bad enough I'm buying MAC and Shoes and hiding them....If I become a product junkie too...I might be in divorce court....:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Thanks ....I swear U guys are trying to turn me into a product junkie... I must resist...It's bad enough I'm buying MAC and Shoes and hiding them....If I become a product junkie too...I might be in divorce court....:lachen::lachen::lachen:

:giggle: Welcome to the dark side :lol:

Thanks!

Not to bug you again but how do you use the color extend products:grin:

Total Recharge- I only use after shampooing (every 2 weeks)
After shampooing, I spray it on my hair and leave it on for 5 minutes. Then I rinse it out. You can use it on towel dried hair and leave it in, but it makes my hair a little sticky, so I prefer to wash it out.

Rich Defender-Also only used after shampooing
I towel dry my hair, apply the RD and then I comb through hair w/ a wide tooth comb, cover w/ saran wrap, and leave it on for 10 minutes, then I rinse it out.

After Sareca's thread about REDKEN I went to ULTA and purchased the All Soft Shampoo, All Soft Conditioner & All Soft Heavy Cream. Then a few days later I went to Trade Secret and got the REDKEN Extreme Conditioner and Smooth Down Butter Treat. I already had the REDKEN Cleansing Cream. So after my relaxer/touch-up (within the next week or so) I am going to TRY to JUST use REDKEN and see how it goes. I will probably pick up the All Soft Velvet Whip Leave-in.(it might even replace my all time fave Salerm 21).

I used to use Redken almost exclusively when I had blonde chunks and loved the products. Haven't used them in a few years though.

I am most excited about Anti-Snap Leave In. Anything that will prevent split-ends is a good investment, IMO. It's a best seller, so I am gonna stick by it.

Also, can't wait to start using Extreme Deep Fuel. It says after 5 treatments, hair will be 3 times stronger. I DEFINITELY need to use this! One capsule lasts for 8 shampoos.

Back