Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011 - Session II

Used up a bottle of AOHSR yesterday. I'll be doing some more twists soon so I'm eyeing down products that I can use up :look:

I've been trying to hang on but I'm gonna have to let that funky kemi oil go. It's awful! How does it smell like jolly ranchers and fruit roll ups when it looks like it should smell like patchouli or some crazy heavy musk. It messes me up EVERY time. Next time I see it, it's going in the trash. Or I'm giving it away. It doesn't work and smells like cheap car freshener *barf*

Rant over :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

happy to join session II after much sucess in session I! What i've got left in my stash:
- one container african black soap (down from 2!)
- about 10% redux in supply of oils
- super huge bottle Kenra MC
- 1/2 large bottle Aussie Moist
- 3 containers cherry almond bark condish (down from 5!)
- couple almost empty bottles of aubrey organics (not repurchasing)
- 1 container my honey childs olive you DC (down from 2!)
- generic biolage - 2 bottles (down from 4!)
- 1/2 a huge bag of henna (down from full bag)
- 1 bottle carol's daughter black vanilla shampoo (down from 2!) (not repurchasing)
- as i am hydration elation - 1/2 container (not repurchasing)
- bear fruit pastacio DC - 1/2 bottle (not repurchasing)
- 1/2 container carol's daughter hair butter (not repurchasing)
- sample size qhemet gel and komza moisturizing cream (not repurchasing)
- 3/4 container tiiva DC (love!)

I've been trying to hang on but I'm gonna have to let that funky kemi oil go. It's awful! How does it smell like jolly ranchers and fruit roll ups when it looks like it should smell like patchouli or some crazy heavy musk. It messes me up EVERY time. Next time I see it, it's going in the trash. Or I'm giving it away. It doesn't work and smells like cheap car freshener *barf*

Rant over :)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Please let it go. I am feeling your pain all the way over here. :lol:

Ladies that haven't used your July pass, what purchase do you have in mind? What's on your wish list.

I think I will try either a conditioner by Aubrey Organics or by Shea Moisture. Going to head to the Vitamin shop this evening to see if they have Aubrey Organics, since I have to pick up some vitamins anyway.

I probably need a leave-in but I don't have anything in mind for that right now.

For my July pass I purchased some Kinky Curly Knot Today, and i'm so happy with the purchase! I can't figure out how much to use, so I just try not to saturate my hair, but get enough so i can glide my Denman through it. So far, my biggest struggle with my hair journey has been how to properly detangle, but i'm sure all is well.

Still working on that stash! I have it down to a managable amount, now it's all about getting the Organix used up!! It's a HUGE bottle so it'll take a while. I have some Carol's Daughter's oil mix stuff, I'll try to use it instead of coconut oil for a week or so, see if i change my feelings!

great challenge!

<3 BN

I am going to go ahead and knock this out the way (Nexxus Emergencee)....sometimes this weekend.
Washed my hair today and forgot to use this :nono:. I guest it will be gone by Thursday if not this upcoming weekend. It depends on how I feel about washing my hair.

For my July pass I purchased some Kinky Curly Knot Today, and i'm so happy with the purchase! I can't figure out how much to use, so I just try not to saturate my hair, but get enough so i can glide my Denman through it. So far, my biggest struggle with my hair journey has been how to properly detangle, but i'm sure all is well.

Still working on that stash! I have it down to a managable amount, now it's all about getting the Organix used up!! It's a HUGE bottle so it'll take a while. I have some Carol's Daughter's oil mix stuff, I'll try to use it instead of coconut oil for a week or so, see if i change my feelings!

great challenge!

<3 BN

My mom just bought some of this and she loves it. My hair says naw, not here. It doesn't even begin to detangle my hair and doesn't feel better once it dries. :ohwell:

Glad you are loving it. I'm still on a hunt for a leave-in that makes me holla. :look:

I have my hair in mini twists right now. I really need a moisturizer that is easy to apply, moisturizes and leaves my twist intact. I'm just not sure what I want to try next.

Sta Sof Fro
Shea Moisture Mist
14 in 1

I dunno :perplexed: - I'm tired of trying products. I wish I could get rid of that AOHSR :lol:

Seriously thought I'd be done with my AO WC by now. I washed my hair last night and thought I'd be able to use all of it, it's a good conditioner, really good actually but I've had it for far too long. I like that it spreads really easy and it's concentrated so you don't need a lot to get your hair conditioned properly. I have one more use left... :evil:

Products used up so far. Silver is what I gave away.

KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Shampoo
Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner
Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque (1 oz.)
Alberto VO5 Total Hair Recovery Intensive Treatment (1 oz.)
Suave Naturals Refreshing Tangerine Conditioner

Last edited:
Finished 1 jar of Miss Jessies Baby Buttercreme with the help of my toddler who decided it would be fun to smear it on her legs as well as the comforter on my bed. Don't ya just love grease stains!? Extreme Sarcasm.

Also finshed Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade and some Olive Butter I had.

Hoping to finish 3 products this month...we shall see.

Seriously thought I'd be done with my AO WC by now. I washed my hair last night and thought I'd be able to use all of it, it's a good conditioner, really good actually but I've had it for far too long. I like that it spreads really easy and it's concentrated so you don't need a lot to get your hair conditioned properly. I have one more use left... :evil:

Products used up so far. Silver is what I gave away.

KeraCare Dry & Itchy Scalp Shampoo
Tresemme Moisture Rich Conditioner
Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque (1 oz.)
Alberto VO5 Total Hair Recovery Intensive Treatment (1 oz.)
Suave Naturals Refreshing Tangerine Conditioner

That's a good reduction though. Eliminating 5 products? yep I'll take it. :yep:

One thing this challenge has taught me, is that if I don't immediately repurchase a product and 30 days later I am thinking about it, it's something I really liked. If I don't think about it I definitely don't want to repurchase. So when my oil stash gets down I will repurchase Sunflower oil or grapeseed oil.

I don't think my styling product stash will ever get down but I will repurchase a small thing of KCCC. It worked wonders on my twists.

One thing this challenge has taught me, is that if I don't immediately repurchase a product and 30 days later I am thinking about it, it's something I really liked. If I don't think about it I definitely don't want to repurchase. So when my oil stash gets down I will repurchase Sunflower oil or grapeseed oil.

I don't think my styling product stash will ever get down but I will repurchase a small thing of KCCC. It worked wonders on my twists.

I get the best wash n go results from using KCKT and KCCC so I may repurchase that after all of the stuff I currently have it gone. It may take me forever, but dammit I'm determined.

I get the best wash n go results from using KCKT and KCCC so I may repurchase that after all of the stuff I currently have it gone. It may take me forever, but dammit I'm determined.

It's a catch 22. I'm trying to style my hair in long term styles which then reduces the amount of products I use :ohwell: Just means I have to be more creative. Oil rinses, prepoos and scalp massages are helping me with my oils. I am using the Jane Carter Condition and Sculpt to moisturize my ends every few days before I seal them.

But the gels, the shea moisture smoothie, the cantu leave-in ... :nono: I'm not doing my hair often enough and just don't have enough hair to put a big dent in those.

I don't even have anything on the list to be used up this month.

It's a catch 22. I'm trying to style my hair in long term styles which then reduces the amount of products I use :ohwell: Just means I have to be more creative. Oil rinses, prepoos and scalp massages are helping me with my oils. I am using the Jane Carter Condition and Sculpt to moisturize my ends every few days before I seal them.

But the gels, the shea moisture smoothie, the cantu leave-in ... :nono: I'm not doing my hair often enough and just don't have enough hair to put a big dent in those.

I don't even have anything on the list to be used up this month.

I still have massive containers of gel to use up too lmao. I've used up my cantu on my twists and braids and have started to make a dent into my Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie and deep moisture mask. They both left my braids SUPER soft and moisturized. Last time I took them down, my hair was soft for DAYS after I took them down. I think between using that and moisturizing daily with my Elasta QP moisturizer my hair really did well. I will probably end up hiding my hair in weaves until the end of the year though so my stash usage will be put on hold for a LONG time.

Used up my Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo last night. Man I love that stuff. I've been using it since I was 15 and that particular bottle was probably about 18 months old. It never ever fails me.

I didn't use up or buy anything in July and except for replacing the shampoo, I have no plans to purchase anything this month either.

2 samples are now gone! Darcy's Botanicals Daily Cleanse and Mixed Chicks leave in. Darcy's was VERY nice! Might have to price it. Serious stapl contender.

No this was the first thing I tried from the line. The leave in any good?

I don't know. There is a stylist here that teaches hair classes and she uses. She did several demos and used it on the participants hair. There hair looked fabulous. So I figured I would check with you.

I tried the herbal leave in already and it was ok. Its nothing in comparison to my Enso flaxseed spray...love that stuff.

Sent from my Android, please excuse any typos.

Well, for better or for worse, Elasta QP Mango Butter is almost gone.
That means I'll be out a moisturizer. Gotta re-purchase!! Any suggestions for a good moisturizer???????

aaand I'm digging the Carol's Daughter Hair Balm I was hating on earlier. It's a pretty solid product, and it's giving my coconut oil a much-deserved rest.

Back