Use Up Your Stash Challenge 2011 - Session II

Rose is marketed for 'colored' hair - and what does coloring do except dry the hair out! LOL.

Rose is marketed for 'colored' hair - and what does coloring do except dry the hair out! LOL.

Thanks HijabiFlygirl. I didn't look at any of the conditioners under the special category. But that makes sense.

Well the Honey Suckle is on its way. Hopefully it works ok. But it will at least soothe my curiosity. :yep:

I'm tempted to either give away or sell a lot of my styling products since I don't see myself using all of them up.

Here's my checkin/update:

Products in current rotation for the next 30 days
Suave Tropical Coconut Shampoo
Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream
Miss Jessie's Curly Meringue
John Frieda Root Awakening Conditioner
Enso Naturals Cacao Curl Recovery Deep Treatment
Enso Naturals Blue Malva & Wildflower Honey Anti-Breakage Hair Lotion
Enso Naturals Coconut Lemongrass Moisture Mist
Qhemet Biologics Castor & Moringa Softening Serum
Enso Naturals Marshmallow & Moss Softening Serum
Enso Naturals Sweet Honey & Olive Nourishing Pomade
Oyin Handmade Burnt Sugar Pomade
ORS Olive Oil Sheen Spray (for my wig)
Vigorol Olive Oil Mousse (for my wig)

**Hoping to have at least 2 of these used up by my next checkin**

I have 2 passes (July & Length) that I haven't used and I probably never will. We'll see...

I just ordered Enso - yes I'm late on it.....

What I'm trying to finish

Komaza Moku cond. - 1 or 2 more cowashes - hopefully this week.
Darcy's Botanicals - pumpkin seed - half bottle left I'll be cowashing so I can get rid of it.
Kiehl's Intensive repair DC pak - half bottle. I'll make this my DC until finished
Sebastian Penetrait - about 1 use left
Redken Extreme - about 1 use left
Aubrey Org. White Camellia - half bottle.

I won't be repurchasing any of those - even my lovely Sebastian Penetrait or Redken Extreme. I have replaced these products with Aloxxi Keratin Treatment. Its cheaper at the liter size $30 and does essentially the same thing. I use Aloxxi Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor also $20.

I have a few Mizani products - their Coconut Souffle and ThermaStrength but I'll be putting them up for sale or give away. Their H20 is the only product I like.

I am happy to report I have self control LOL.

I have a few things I want to purchase but know I have a closet full of products that need to go first.

I am excited to try new things, get rid of old things :)

I hope everyone is doing well.

Ok! Im ready! Hoping to use up my current stash in order to make more room for new things while I continue my search for my holy grail products! And to eliminate conventional "shampoo" from my stash. Here goes:

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?
I need to really bring down the amount of products I own. Too much! I cant even list them all here

2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash. Use your own categories.

Suggested Categories:
- Shampoos: Aphogee Deep Moisture, Elasta QP Shampoo for Relaxed Hair
- Conditioners:v05 Moisture Milks in Passionfruit or something, v05 Tea Therapy in something purple lol
Aphogee Pro Vitamin leave in (hate it!)
Aphogee Balancing Moisturizer
Aphogee 2 min (i like it but I need something heavier cuz of this bleach)
Garnier 3 minute undo dryness (hate it)
Aussie Moist 3 min (its great as a filler to add to my DCs
Elasta QP Intense Conditioning (want to replace it with a protein conditioner)
taliah Waajid PMB (ehh. it was great at first, now it leaves my hair feeling weird but its not bad on freshly cowashed/washed hair)
- Deep Conditioners: Silk Elements MegaSilk original (i like it but im open to new things)
- Leave Ins/Moisturizers: Bear Fruit Hair Desert LI/M (going back to my ORS Olive Oil in a bottle mixed with yummy oils), Nexxus Humectress mixture
- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters: Jojoba (whats the big deal with this? its too light for my needs), Hairveda Vatika Frosting (love it but the graininess makes me wonder why Im paying $12 for glorified low quality coconut oil)
- Herbal & Ayurvedic Products: I plan to integrate henna into my slowly forming reggie. So for now, nothing
- Styling products: Lets Jam (one is blue and stiff, one is pink and has a jelly feel) but I may just toss them or give them to my cousin
- Other: CHI Silk Infusion (again, whats the big deal? willing to swap/sell if anyone wants it. Its the bigger one but it isnt completely full. more than half is left. pm me if you wanna do a lil biz-nass :grin:
Kemi oil (hate the smell, makes me sick)

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Optional) will come back for that

4. What are your goal(s) for the session
~ To have no conventional shampoos, just a cleansing conditioner (ie hairvedas amala cream stuff)
~ To know FOR SURE what products work best on my relaxed and lightly bleached hair so I can curb my pj-ism. I got BILLS out hea! *hehee*
~ To have gotten rid of at least half of these products before December so I can make a wish list of all new interesting hair goodies (like hair sticks and clips. my current obsession is elastic headbands lol) to give to my SO. He has to be prepared this year lol
~ To stop having to sneak Sallys/Target bags into the house. My mom would disown me if she knew how much money has been spent on hair stuff, not counting what my SO has bought cuz he is a TOTAL enabler lol

This is gonna be fun!

Here's my checkin/update:

**Hoping to have at least 2 of these used up by my next checkin**

I have 2 passes (July & Length) that I haven't used and I probably never will. We'll see...

Evallusion, I like your product rotation idea. As far as the passes, they are nice to have even if you don't use them.

I just ordered Enso - yes I'm late on it.....

What I'm trying to finish

Komaza Moku cond. - 1 or 2 more cowashes - hopefully this week.
Darcy's Botanicals - pumpkin seed - half bottle left I'll be cowashing so I can get rid of it.
Kiehl's Intensive repair DC pak - half bottle. I'll make this my DC until finished
Sebastian Penetrait - about 1 use left
Redken Extreme - about 1 use left
Aubrey Org. White Camellia - half bottle.

I won't be repurchasing any of those - even my lovely Sebastian Penetrait or Redken Extreme. I have replaced these products with Aloxxi Keratin Treatment. Its cheaper at the liter size $30 and does essentially the same thing. I use Aloxxi Polymedic Emergency Reconstructor also $20.

I have a few Mizani products - their Coconut Souffle and ThermaStrength but I'll be putting them up for sale or give away. Their H20 is the only product I like.

I haven't tried the Enso's yet either. I have really slimmed my purchases but my wish list is getting longer.

Sounds like you have a clear plan and you are narrowing down your products to come up with some good staples.

I am happy to report I have self control LOL.

I have a few things I want to purchase but know I have a closet full of products that need to go first.

I am excited to try new things, get rid of old things :)

I hope everyone is doing well.

:congrats:

Ok! Im ready! Hoping to use up my current stash in order to make more room for new things while I continue my search for my holy grail products! And to eliminate conventional "shampoo" from my stash. Here goes:

This is gonna be fun!

kupenda,

You are tooooo funny. I welcome your craziness. uh I mean sense of humor :lol:

@faithVA what's on your wish list? I've been away for a minute and don't know about all the new vendors.

HijabiFlygirl, I don't even write my wish list down. So most things I don't even know the name of :blush:. Most of my wish list can be bought locally.

So let's see
1. Want to try the mud shampoo from Sally's
2. Silk Elements Conditioner
3. Something by Enso's (no particular product)
4. Jane Carters nurture and shine
5. Beautiful Curl (creme and gel)
6. One of the Givonanni Conditioners
7. Trader Joes conditioner
8. Shea Moisture Mist
9. The leave-in/moisturizer Ms. Lizzia recommended (no idea the name)
10. A shampoo bar
11. Something by Qhemet
12. Queen Helene's gel

I wasn't excited typing it out :lol: That's good so I wont' be making any mad dashes to the store.

which one of the giovanni conditioners do you want? I have a few.

All of them :look: :yep: - I figured I would go to VitaCost and get the travel sizes of things and try them out. When I reach my goals I will be going for sample sizes first so I won't end up with a closet full of stuff I don't like. And if I want to toss it, if there is any left, I won't have paid so much for it that I feel bad.

@HijabiFlygirl, I don't even write my wish list down. So most things I don't even know the name of :blush:. Most of my wish list can be bought locally.

So let's see
1. Want to try the mud shampoo from Sally's
2. Silk Elements Conditioner
3. Something by Enso's (no particular product)
4. Jane Carters nurture and shine
5. Beautiful Curl (creme and gel)
6. One of the Givonanni Conditioners
7. Trader Joes conditioner
8. Shea Moisture Mist
9. The leave-in/moisturizer Ms. Lizzia recommended (no idea the name)
10. A shampoo bar
11. Something by Qhemet
12. Queen Helene's gel

I wasn't excited typing it out :lol: That's good so I wont' be making any mad dashes to the store.

Which SE condish? I just got the TJ condish in that last stash I received so I'll let you know how that goes. The leave in that MsLizziA was talking about is Naturalista Cosmetics Juicy Leave In. I should be getting it in a few days FINALLY!

Which SE condish? I just got the TJ condish in that last stash I received so I'll let you know how that goes. The leave in that MsLizziA was talking about is Naturalista Cosmetics Juicy Leave In. I should be getting it in a few days FINALLY!

Lawd I don't know. Why is y'all putting me on blast, making me think of details I ain't even thought of yet. :rofl:

Seriously though, I really don't know. I usually have a brand as a wish list and then when I am ready to purchase I start looking at products, reading ingredients, reviews, etc and then I narrow it down. When I read the posts I know people mention the particular product but because I never write it down I can't remember.

Lawd I don't know. Why is y'all putting me on blast, making me think of details I ain't even thought of yet. :rofl:

Seriously though, I really don't know. I usually have a brand as a wish list and then when I am ready to purchase I start looking at products, reading ingredients, reviews, etc and then I narrow it down. When I read the posts I know people mention the particular product but because I never write it down I can't remember.

I can most def say that the SE Mega Moisture Treatment, Cholesterol, and Leave In cream are AMAZING!!!! Love them all.

I can most def say that the SE Mega Moisture Treatment, Cholesterol, and Leave In cream are AMAZING!!!! Love them all.

Cool, Hopefully I will remember to come back to this post when I am ready to buy. :look: But it sounds like I can buy any of them and be good. Maybe I will find a sample.

Cool, Hopefully I will remember to come back to this post when I am ready to buy. :look: But it sounds like I can buy any of them and be good. Maybe I will find a sample.

They usually have the SE condish sample packs on the shelf and by the register. The regular and the olive oil. Never tried the olive oil one before.

They usually have the SE condish sample packs on the shelf and by the register. The regular and the olive oil. Never tried the olive oil one before.

All of these great conditioners kind of make me wish I was a cowasher. :yep:

^^^I'm a cowasher!!! That's why I go through my conditioners faster than anything else on my list :lachen:

^^^I'm a cowasher!!! That's why I go through my conditioners faster than anything else on my list :lachen:

I will try it when my hair gets longer. But for right now it takes too long for me to style my hair to try doing anything with it midweek. :nono: I have been up past 1 and late for work too many times trying to do something to my hair because I had a bright idea to do something mid week. Cowashing will have to wait for bun length or until my bigger twists have some hang time.

I think starting nxt week im going to cowash once a week (Wednesday) and DC once a week on (Saturday). Cause I get to get some of these conditioner (CW) out the way. I am trying to make plans with this stuff and it aint moving.

Back