Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 3

Okay. Here's my list:

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?

I'm just tired of the bottom of my cabinet looking all kinds of crazy. Plus I need to find all my staples as a new natural.

2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash. Use your own categories.

- Shampoos

Hair Rules Cleansing Cream (Sample)
Renpure My Pretty Hair is Parched shampoo
As I Am Clarifying Shampoo
Keracare Cleansing Cream

- Conditioners

Renpure My Pretty Hair Is Parched Conditioner x 2
AO Green Tea Cream Rinse
Frederick Fekkai Shea Butter Conditioner

- Deep Conditioners

Hair Rules Quench
AO Rosa Mosqueta
AO HSR
Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Nioxin Weightless Reconstructive Masque

- Leave Ins/Moisturizers

Giovanni Direct *Staple*
ALterna Caviar Smoothing Lotion
Nioxin Thermal Bliss
One N Only Argan oil

Worlds of Curls
Keracare Hair Milk

- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters N/A
- Herbal & Ayurvedic Products N/A
- Styling products
Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream
Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Pudding
EcoStyler Gel Olive Oil
Kenra Platinum Silkening Gloss
Hair Rules Blow out
Hair Rules curly whip

- Other

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Optional)

4. What are your goal(s) for the session?

This session it would be nice to use up the samples and polish off two more conditioners. 6 products total.

I am using up a pass. Purchased 4 Tresemme naturals in order to make some more curly hair pudding. I had to throw away one jar from my last batch because the Rusk conditioner that I used was too thick and causing havoc with my hair.

I also made a batch of hair stuff with shea butter and realize now that my hair doesn't like the feel of shea butter (feels dry and oily at the same time...yuck :nono:!). Therefore I am going to use these three jars as protectant for when I take my DD swimming.

I can see a major decrease in my stash already and I am really proud of myself :yep:. Thanks everyone! Started applying this challenge to other areas of my life including my BATH & BODY prodcts (which is just out of control :nono:), my perfumes, and some of my makeup, such as foundations :yep:.

I cowashed tonight, and used up some more of my Deva Care One. Down to 1/3 of a bottle. I also use it for my prepoo. Now I am experimenting with the Kimmay Tube Leave-in. I am putting 2 TBSP of Giovanni Direct on one side of my head and 2 TBSP Giovanni Direct/AVG on the other side. I am skipping the oil to see how the two compare.

I do think I need to saturate my hair with the leave-in. Just not sure if it needs help or not.

Sitting under my heat cap for 20 minutes and then will reapply both. Only have a few more uses of the Giovanni Direct.

Will probably wash again tomorrow so I can put some color on these gray edges.

They have a HONEY ALMOND one. I have owned that one and use it basically for henna process....

ZebraPrintLover :lachen: I know about Sally's cheapie gallon. I was saying I am getting the HOney and Oatmeal one, not the Strawberry Kiwi I think it is one. It is only about $7 for me to get it. Beats buying lots of VO5 for more and getting less.

I will see if they have a sale, usually they do every few months :) The shampoo is on sale, BOOOOO! LOL

I'm in love ladies I put wen on slightly damp hair for 1 hr and oooh it felt so good going on then it felt even better while I was rinsing the smell is delicious my whole house smells like mango coconut right now. I loved it so much I added some to my DC mix. I'm only mad that I only bought one and its now out of season :(
Thanks JJamiah for being a pussha!

ZebraPrintLover :lachen: I know about Sally's cheapie gallon. I was saying I am getting the HOney and Oatmeal one, not the Strawberry Kiwi I think it is one. It is only about $7 for me to get it. Beats buying lots of VO5 for more and getting less.

I will see if they have a sale, usually they do every few months :) The shampoo is on sale, BOOOOO! LOL

Yea thats the one I like then cause that Strawberry one doesnt sound good at all.

Hey ladies! I came in to join this challenge a couple of days ago and I took a hot minute to type out my list of products and my computer froze up. Talk about mad! LOL

lamaria211 thanks for making me not feel too bad about my stash...omg you have a BSS at your house! You must have a whole closet of hair stuff lol. I would love to raid it!

@ all you WEN pushers...anybody 4a/4b? Seems like most wen lovers are type 3c/4a kind of hair. My hair is super dry and cottony like. Ive always dismissed WEN bc of the price, but you sure do have me wanting to try it. Somebody needs to send me a sample! LOL

ok, down to business:
RED=staple items

1. What are your motivations for joining this challenge?

I want to stop accumulating stuff I dont use and stop spending money on stuff that is nothing special. Id like to get my staple products down to a science and have no more than 3 or 4 of each type of product at a time.
Id like to eventually only experiment with stylers and have HG everything else.

2. List the products you hope to use up in your stash. Use your own categories.

- Shampoos/Cleansing conditioners:
-Cream of Nature Professional liter (small amount left in bottom, will use up this month)
-Cream of nature argan oil shampoo
-Neutrogena clarifying shampoo (1/4 bottle left-will use to wash combs/brushes)
-Aubrey Organics White Camilla shampoo (no likey)
-Keracare sulfate free detangling hydrating shampoo
-Shea Moisture Curl and Shine Shampoo
-As I Am coconut cowash
-Herbal essence totally twisted shampoo
-Matrix Sleek look smoothing shampoo
-random pantene shampoo

- Conditioners
random pantene conditioner in tubes X3
Aussie 3 min miracle deeep X3
Herbal essence totally twisted
23 oz bottle of HEHH
Garnier Fructis Triple nutrition
Vo5 moisture milk
Keracare humecto

Deep Conditioners
-ORS liter size Replenishing Conditioner
-Aphogee 2 minute keratin
-One N Only Argan Hydrating mask

-Shea Moisture deep treatment mask (will use as styler)
-Silk Elements Mixed Silk (like but can take or leave it)
-Salma Hyak hydrating mask
Nexxus emergencee

- Leave Ins/Moisturizers
Cantu shea butter leave in X2
HE LTR
Garnier Sleek and shine leave in
Silken child leave in detangler
AG Fast Food leave in
Shea Moisture curl enhancing smoothie
Shea moisture hair milk
Shea moisture moisture mist

Hawaain silky 14 in 1

- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters
Shea Butter
EVCO
Castor Oil
jojoba oil
Silk amino acids
As I am Argan oil

lavendar oil
grapeseed oil
Got2b silk drops
pantene serum
Got2b serum

- Styling products
Garnier heat protectant
Got2b heat protectant
Taliah Waajid curly curl cream
Eco styler gel
ORS twist and loc gel
Shea moisture curl souffle
ECo styler/Shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie mix
Elasta qp setting foam
Cream of nature argan oil setting foam
generic paul mitchell styling lotion

3. Post a Pic of your "Stash". (Optional)

4. What are your goal(s) for the session
Id like to have my staple main haircare items, and only try out new stylers/deep conditioners in the future, but not have more than 3 or 4 at a time.
Id like to swap/sell/give away stuff I know I wont use and get something I will use

Last edited:
Nikki lamaria211
I'm glad you like the WEN. It is definitely a great product. As far as a check or samples, I'd take either. I do love his products, I think that everybody should give it a try at 1 time or another. Most love it, and as far as 613 there is no other for me.

Welcome Leslie_C glad to have you with us.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

Used up my 2 (?) year old bottle of Herbal essences long term relationship leave in :( Rest in peace my love I feel sicking saying that:ill:

Going to use up my two staple DC next week.. good now I can focus on using up alllll these half used Deep conditioners I have... I hope my hair doesn't suffer to bad because its doing fab

...I feel like buying something ..but I must not :nono:

*sigh*

My AO HSR is GONE!!!! I want to re-up, but I can't. Why? because I Bought a shea moisture shampoo and hair milk. Dang CVS and their BOGO... I hope that I get good results with this shampoo. My hair and my scalp have completely different needs. If my hair is moisturized, my scalp is not clean, but if my scalp is clean, my hair is a brillo pad.

Maybe 3 more uses of HE LTR leave in. My Kera Minerals DC has 2 more good uses but I'm stretching it by mixing it with other dcs that are not as good

Washed my hair again today. Not going to use anything up though. :nono: Actually have enough things just opened and Might barely use anything up in the next few months.

Opened hair Cleansers (Wen Fig, Vanilla mint and As I Am Coconut Cowash)
DCing (Alter Ego Garlic Conditioner, Avon Advantage, and Proclaim Masque)

faithVA said:
I cowashed tonight, and used up some more of my Deva Care One. Down to 1/3 of a bottle. I also use it for my prepoo. Now I am experimenting with the Kimmay Tube Leave-in. I am putting 2 TBSP of Giovanni Direct on one side of my head and 2 TBSP Giovanni Direct/AVG on the other side. I am skipping the oil to see how the two compare.

I am always doing this. I cant trust myself to remember the differences from different wash sessions. Let us know how it turns out.

Used up one of my Eco Styler gels. I must admit, I'm kind of underwhelmed and I don't believe the hype.

I know I'm late but I'm out of this challenge. I have three products now and all of them are HGs/staples like I set out to do. Thanks ladies so much for the help and support! Wish everyone the best for the third session!!!

BEAUTYU2U said:
I know I'm late but I'm out of this challenge. I have three products now and all of them are HGs/staples like I set out to do. Thanks ladies so much for the help and support! Wish everyone the best for the third session!!!

Congrats I hope to be there soon:)

[USER=22 said:
daviine[/USER];16796393]I am always doing this. I cant trust myself to remember the differences from different wash sessions. Let us know how it turns out.

The Giovanni Direct mixed with AVG worked better on my hair than the Giovanni alone. It absorbed better, my hair felt softer and was more moisturized. Not adding the oil helped. Allowing the leave-in to absorb without the extra oil seems to be an improvement for my hair. Now I just add the oil in the morning when I style.

Tomorrow I will try the Giovanni Direct with AVJ vs. AVG to see if there is a difference with various consistencies.

I won't repurchase the Giovanni though so I will have to try the same experiments with each new leave-in, until I find one that I really like.

But overapplying the leave-in seems to work better for my hair.

Made my spray bottle mix today using
Water, 5 pumps of HE LTR leave in(maybe one use left of this) one pump of Wen MC, glycerine, 8 drops of essential Rosemary oil and 1tsp of EVOCO
my HE LTR leave in wont last till next wash day so ill be opening something new soon most likely the Garnier leave in

Finally starting my wash process :nono: Just not feeling it today but going to make it happen.

Finished up the AO White Camellia and the Giovanni Direct :yay:

I am going to use one of the Deva Curl conditioners as a DC to see how they work. That will also help me use them up.

Will switch over to the Taliah Waajid Mist Bodifier with AVG/AVJ for my leave-in. Should be able to use that up by the end of September.

Back