Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 3

I made a few necessary purchases today. I replaced my Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum and I bought 2 bottles of TJ Nourish Hair, this is my only CW conditioner and I cannot run out because I'm CW'ing 2-3 days a week.

Gave my aunt Ion Heat protectant and Moska oil. That Ion heat protectant would have probably never got used lol and the Moska oil I liked but she wasn't getting one of my favorite oils lol. I'm working on finishing up LaPlancha DC, I think it will have 2-3 uses after today. If I can remember to take those vitamins they should be gone next week there's only a little left So we'll see.
I finally updated and drug my list over from Session 2. The Organix Macadamia Oil Mask, Miss Key 10en1, VS So Sexy conditioner &shampoo, Protein Moisture Mix are all gone so far this session. I did buy and add EQP Mango Butter to the list since I was out of staple moisturizers. *** = used up

Categories:
- Shampoos:
Alopecil Apretol-15 Canela Y Romero
***VS So Sexy
*DS used up* Joico Silk Results
***Mane N Tail
Joico Moisture Recovery

- Conditioners:
***Suave almond+shea butter 24oz
BB Moonlight Path
***VS So Sexy
*Used on DS*Joico Silk results 12oz
Pelomas Suela&Romero 64oz
*1 gone* 2 Capilo Milk&Honey gallon
***HE HH
***Mane N Tail
Joico Moisture Recovery 1 liter

- Deep Conditioners:
***Organics Hair Mayo
ORS Replenishing
***SE Mega Silk Olive moisture treatment
***Paul Mitchell Conditioning Balm
*TRASHED both went bad was like a liquid*2 Joico K-pak Deep Penetrating Reconstrutor liter
La plancha 32oz
***A bunch of moisture conditioners and oils I mixed together a while ago.
***Protein moisture mix
***Organix Macadamia Oil Mask
***Miss Key 10en1

- Leave Ins/Moisturizers:
Hawaiian Silky 14-1
***NTM STL-in

- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters:*Gave Away*Moska oil
Dabur Vatika
EQP Mango Butter

- Herbal & Ayurvedic Products: Henna

- Styling products:
*Gave Away*Ion Flat Iron Protection
Salerm Brushing spray
Aphoghee Mousse

- Other:
***1 Adore Clear rinse
1 Adore Darkest Brown rinse
Ultra Hair vitamins

4. What are your goal(s) for the session? I want to use up at least 4 conditioners, 1 shampoo, and 1 oil, the vitamins, and Adore rinse.

Last edited:
Hello everyone!

I don't really have a stash left, mainly staples, but I will remain in this challenge to keep me on the straight and narrow. I have narrowed down my staples list based on consistent results and convenience.

My use-up list:
- DBSCBCSC: I have one more use so it will be done this weekend. Love it, but it is not convenient for me to get here in Van.

- AOWC: two more uses. Another one I love, but love Curl Rehab more and have a 32 oz of that to use. If I am in-between bottles of rehab, I'll revisit.

- Devacurl No Poo: two more uses left. I like it, but loooove the Ouidad Curl Co-Wash so it bumped No Poo off the list.

Aveda Damage Remedy: one more use sometime next month. Love it, but will use Repair Me going forward, which I also love and is cheaper per oz.

I will post my staples list later.

Last edited:
Staples List:

Co-wash Conditioners:
Trader Joe Tea Tree Tingle - (12)
Tresemme Naturals - (2)

Cleansers:
Ouidad Curl Co-Wash - (2)

Deep Treatments:
Curl Junkie Curl Rehab - (1)
Curl Junkie Repair Me - (1)

Leave-in/sealant/gel:
Paul Mitchell The Conditioner - (1)
Ecostyler Gel - (2)
Wholesale Supplies Butter Blend - (1)

For black Friday, I will buy a liter of Paul Mitchell The Conditioner, and the smallest size of the AG Smooth Set It Straight Argan Lotion and AG Smoothing Oil from Ulta for when I flat iron next month. If Aveyou has a >=40% flash sale, I will get 4 CJ CR and one RM. But, that is all for hair for me. I am all about skincare and bags this year.

Last edited:
Washed my hair tonight. Prepooed with Deva Curl One, washed with As I Am Cleansing Conditioner, Conditioned with Deva Curl One. I like the As I Am Cleansing Conditioner but I like the Hair One Olive Oil better. Will try the Hair One Argan Oil this Sunday or next to compare. I will finish using up the As I Am but when I finish I will replace it with the Hair One.

Not using up anything tonight. Will use the Komaza Aloe My Hair Leave-in, some sunflower oil and Twist with the TW Curling Cream.

Finally used up one of my oil mixes of sunflower, wheat germ, evoco and olive oil!
used my sample pack of Aphogee 2 step (really like) now I'm DC for the first time with the Aussie 3 minute and I really like this as well

I decided to update my stash list.

- Shampoos

Clear Scalp and Hair Therapy Ultra Shea Shampoo (Staple)
Shea Moisture Curl and Shine
As I Am Clarifying Shampoo
Keracare Cleansing Cream

- Conditioners

Renpure My Pretty Hair Is Parched Conditioner

- Cowash

Ren Sweet Pomegranate Cleansing Conditioner

- Deep Conditioners

Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Nioxin Weightless Reconstructive Masque
Shea Moisture Raw Shea butter Deep Treatment Masque

- Leave Ins/Moisturizers

Giovanni Direct *Dethroned Staple*
QB Cocoa Detangling Ghee *New Staple, Coming Soon!*
SM Curl and Style Milk
SM Dandruff and Dry Scalp Elixir

Keracare Hair Milk (Chopping Block)
SM Curl Enhancing Smoothie
SM Hold and Shine Moisture Mist *Staple Combination*
QB AOHC *Staple, Coming Soon!*

- Oils & Essential Oils & Butters N/A
- Herbal & Ayurvedic Products N/A

- Styling products

Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream (Chopping Block)
Carol’s Daughter Hair Milk Pudding
EcoStyler Gel Olive Oil (Chopping Block)

- Straightening

Kenra Platinum Silkening Gloss
Hair Rules Blow out
ALterna Caviar Smoothing Lotion
Nioxin Thermal Bliss
One N Only Argan oil (Chopping Block)

I sampled some QB products and I was very happy with two of them, so I took the plunge and ordered full sizes. I'm out of my beloved Aubrey, so I will be repurchasing, but probably after I use up one more conditioner.

The ones labled Chopping Block are products that I don't really use, arent very effective, or aren't needed in my regimen anymore. I'll be making up my mind soon about these.

I bought 3 oz containers from CVS and gave some samples of Deva Curl Angle and B'Leave-in to some friends. So now I only have a 1/2 bottle of both. Even if I figure out how to use them I won't repurchase. The As I Am Curling Jelly and the Taliah Waajid Curling Cream work just fine.

Throwing out the sta sof fro. I have tried to use it several times and it doesn't work. It's weird that I used it every day for 4 years before I started growing my hair out. Now it won't do anything :perplexed:

I have been going through withdrawal. lol Went grocery shopping and happened to see that Giovanni has expanded its 2chic line. I tried the original ultra sleek line and thought it was ok hopefully this moisturizing one will better. So yeah I bought some new stuff, will update m list.

I finally got around to pulling out most of the items on the hair stuff shelf. I got behind in keeping my stash up to date so I wasn't sure which items on the list I had used up or stocked away. I crossed the following off the list:

Pantene / Relaxed & Natural Conditioner (staple)

African Royale / Braid Spray (restocked, staple)

Aussie Split-End Protector

Herbal Essences / Touchably Smooth (restocked, staple)

Doo Gro / Mega Thick Growth Oil

Three are staples and one (the Herbal Essences) was restocked yesterday once I found a coupon. I threw the Doo Gro oil out. I had pretty good results back when I used it so I considered adding it to the mix again, but it smelled off so I didn't want to risk it. I'm a little tempted to repurchase just to try it out again. :look: I have a handful of items that are pretty low; however, I don't stray much from my reggie so things are moving slow. On the plus side, the only new thing I've tried was the Aussie since they were out of the HE when I went to restock; but I've been very good about not adding non-staples to my stash.

I gave away ultrasheen duotex.....but I brougt a joico k pak liter duo(aphogee wasn't working well or fast enough for me)and paul mitchell the conditioner.

Gave away Vatika oil, miss Jessie samples, Tresemme split remedy leave in, Garnier Fructis leave in, Shea moisture poo, KeraCare hair dress creme, Kinky curly knot today, to my brother and his gf:)

So how are y'all going to handle Black Friday???

I might break down and order Wen if it's on sale but that's it. At least that's my plan now. I'm starting to feel a little antsy though. So far I haven't purchased any new hair stuff since I started this challenge.

^^^ I just remember last Black Friday. I ordered so much stuff, I became overwhelmed :lol:. I am not really tempted to try anything new, especially as I have become very sensitive to strong smells. I don't want to take the chance.

I have enjoyed being mostly consistent these past few months and not having any bad surprises. Two weeks to go!

^^^ I just remember last Black Friday. I ordered so much stuff, I became overwhelmed :lol:. I am not really tempted to try anything new, especially as I have become very sensitive to strong smells. I don't want to take the chance.

I have enjoyed being mostly consistent these past few months and not having any bad surprises. Two weeks to go!

For some reason I've become sensitive too, it's weird. That's why I won't buy keracare foam wrap, the smell is too much. I do need some setting lotion though.

Carrie A said:
So how are y'all going to handle Black Friday???

I might break down and order Wen if it's on sale but that's it. At least that's my plan now. I'm starting to feel a little antsy though. So far I haven't purchased any new hair stuff since I started this challenge.

I'm stocking up on my staples: Qhemet Biologics, Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Line, Darcy's Botanicals, Bamboo Leaf Tea and Henna & Ayurveda Powders. I want to try WEN FIG as well, I'm not quite sure if I'll order it though

Last edited:
maybe once more use of Aussie 3 minute miracle i really heart that stuff but 8oz is maybe 3 good uses for me. i already have stales cleansers and shampoos and staple leaves in (finally) but now im trying to narrow down to 5-6 staple deep conditioners im pretty sure ORS replen pak will make the list but thats all ive got so far i really love SD Vanilla Silk but i truly hate having to order staple products online....idk

my list for Black friday has trickled down. Miss Jessies is definitely getting an order from me, but my Sally's order went from $200 to $80... I am proud of myself.

I won't be ordering much as far as hair cleansers as I have enough :yep:
I know I will be buying some hair color as needed...
clips, hooks, and small things here and there. I am pretty content and want to use up a lot of what I have.

I have been going through withdrawal. lol Went grocery shopping and happened to see that Giovanni has expanded its 2chic line. I tried the original ultra sleek line and thought it was ok hopefully this moisturizing one will better. So yeah I bought some new stuff, will update m list.

Oh really now? :lol: Going to look it up...

I finished Aussie Moist sometime last month but I don't think I posted about it. I may repurchase it to use with honey and oils if I can't find a good DC. I like that and my 2chic conditioner with honey and oil.

I finished Giovanni SAS today and I won't be repurchasing that.

I'm trying to decide if I'm going to start DCing with the Giovanni TTT or give it away. Not sure what my next target should be.

Trying to decide which cousin to give the products I'm sure I don't like to.

i'm not going buck wild for black friday lol
maybe 2-3 products max from Sage (Qhemet Ghee and Anita Grant Cubes..maybe another aohc or try out the butter)

i think my moisture problem has been solved with aloe vera juice :)
just did a major cut :( split ends ...there goes most of my progress

After taking a look at my stash i definetly won't need to buy anything for another year(i will fail lol) . I still feel an "itch" to buy some MHC and Darcy but i m trying to talk myself out of it using the comparison method ,ex: "with 25$ i could buy a sweater from carters for DS or how much food can i get with this money /i can save them" .It works SO FAR.

After taking a look at my stash i definetly won't need to buy anything for another year(i will fail lol) . I still feel an "itch" to buy some MHC and Darcy but i m trying to talk myself out of it using the comparison method ,ex: "with 25$ i could buy a sweater from carters for DS or how much food can i get with this money /i can save them" .It works SO FAR.
:perplexed
don't do itttttttt no more products haha

Back