Use Up Your Stash 2012 - Session 2

xu93texas said:
I sold the Alter Ego garlic mask. I have a sale pending on the PM SSS.:grin:

@xu93texad,
I'm also not finding room for my Alter Ego Garlic Mask in my regimen. What didn't you like about it??

@xu93texad,
I'm also not finding room for my Alter Ego Garlic Mask in my regimen. What didn't you like about it??

I bought this product to help with post partum shedding. It's been sitting in my stash unused for the last 3 mos. I decided to part ways. Better for someone else to get use out of it.:grin:

xu93texas said:
I liked it, but I like the Chi Silk Infusion more b/c of the protein. Besides, there was no way I would get through all of that serum. I don't use heat on my hair that much.

@xu93rexas,
Yep, same here. CHI is my staple serum.

Leave-In/Moisturizer
Herbal Essences Long Term Relationship Leave-In Split End Protector
is gone thanks to my bummy friend that I love so much :yep:. She always comes to my house wanting something so I gave her some moisturizer LOL.....

Last edited:
Pantene / Clarifying Shampoo (staple?)

Used this up a few weeks ago. Well, my bf did. I was a little mad because I didn't know it was empty until after I had been sitting with a prepoo on my hair for hours. :ohwell: I need to replace this.

*hides beauty supply store bags* :look:

I haven't been there in months but they had a GREAT deal on Aphogee and I was in the area. I was walking down the aisles like

wtrbi1.gif

tumblr_lm11bt4OaK1qe6xr2.gif

but I didn't get much, at least compared to how I usually act when I go in there, lol. Just 4 products (and more than a few accessories), 1 product was a small sample pack so it'll be gone soon and I consider the ApHogee to be new staples. The only reason I didn't get more is because I was in a rush or I'd be in this thread asking for forgiveness (and money for more products) right now.

I also restocked my henna, indigo, and alma. Received my package on Monday. They're staples, and they were on sale.

I'm going to relax and then henna this week, so I hope to finish off the Hydralicious.

I bought a Wen Mango Coconut, only one because I want to try it out. My auto ship on 613 shall be coming soon.

I removed my braids and will be attacking this mane every week, I am just gelling up a ponytail and popping a phony pony over it. YES, it makes life much easier for me and......., I used one of my hidden new pony tails that I thought I'd never wind up using due to my hair being too long. So the cutting is working for me. I am due for a trim come June and will be happy to get it. :)

I hit the jackpot! I put together a goodie box and sold it for cheap. My stash is looking good now! :grin: Here is what I sold:

-4 various sizes of Annie brand magnetic rollers ( EL to SL hair), about 48 rollers
-double pronged clips
-Dr.Bronner's Pure Castile soap with Hemp & Tea tree, about 97% full, 4oz
-Silicon Mix conditioner, about 45-50% full, 8oz
-Redken All Soft Heavy Cream, about 65% full, 1oz trial size-1tube
-Redken All Soft Supple Touch Leave in, about 70% full, 5oz
-KeraCare Foam Wrap setting lotion, about 65% full, 80z bottle
-KeraCare Silken Seal Liquid Sheen, about 40% full, 4oz
-ORS Edge Control, about 85% full
-Dabur Vatika oil, about 55% full, 5oz bottle
-Lavender essential oil, Nature's Alchemy, 1oz bottle, 75% full
-samples of ORS HAIRepair Intense Moisture Creme, 2 packets
-samples of ORS Hair Fertilizer, 2 packets
-samples of Hawaiin Silky Moroccan Argan Oil Hydrating Sleek Healing Oil Treatment, 3 packets

I bought a Wen Mango Coconut, only one because I want to try it out.

One of the products I picked up yesterday is a Wen knockoff, lol. Mango coconut sounds :lick:

Those .gifs were funny. Excited huh? :lol:

It's been months, they had a bunch of new products, and I felt okay replacing a couple of things I've used up so I was READY. I'm going to try and use up at least two products by the end of the month so I can get back on track.

I have to box up some supplies for dear friend and sister, I shall challenge myself to at least 10 products! to get rid of. :) I'd feel a lot better :D

I texlaxed my hair, so I used the rest of my Palmer's "Olive Oil" to coat my previously relaxed ends. It took forever since I only touch up about every 16 weeks... Now I'll just stick to the Blue Magic "Coconut" oil for this task and not replace the Palmer's.

The Hair One Cleanser and Conditioner with Olive Oil is one of the new products I picked up recently. :look: Not sure how the conditioning aspect is yet, I'll have to see how my hair dries, but I LOVED the tingle during the scalp massage part. Good: Even though I added to my stash I used a product up. Bad: I may buy it again and I kinda want to try the other ones, lol. I have a thing for conditioners.

I removed the HE Detangler from the list. While my daughter and I share products, I didn't list those that are strictly hers. I thought this product would work for both of us but it doesn't like my hair very much. So it's all hers unless I get braided up and give it a try later during take down.

I am working on a list and I feel a little sick about the number of product that I have.

Don't feel bad. That is why some of us are here. We know we have/had too much stuff. But at least you are looking at it and facing it. That's where it starts.

I need to start working on using up my stash. I have established my staples and now I'm finding it to be difficult using my other products though most are good products as well.

ETA: Ok, so after reading through some of your comments, I finally found the nerve to trash a few items that I know I will never use and I know no one else will ever want. I just dumped:

1. CD Black Vanilla Herbal Shampoo 1/4 full.
2. CD Lisa's Elixer 1/2 full (this stuff stinks like h&ll).
3. CD Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie 1/4-1/2 full.
4. Organics Tea-Tree Shine Strengthening Hair Polish FULL.

76 OF 80 PRODUCTS LEFT .

I thought I was doing it back when I first started my HHJ and using CD products, LOL! I think i'm going to call my daughter and step-daughter over for a little hair product shopping:lachen:

Last edited:
I need to start working on using up my stash. I have established my staples and now I'm finding it to be difficult using my other products though most are good products as well.

ETA: Ok, so after reading through some of your comments, I finally found the nerve to trash a few items that I know I will never use and I know no one else will ever want. I just dumped:

1. CD Black Vanilla Herbal Shampoo 1/4 full.
2. CD Lisa's Elixer 1/2 full (this stuff stinks like h&ll).
3. CD Black Vanilla Hair Smoothie 1/4-1/2 full.
4. Organics Tea-Tree Shine Strengthening Hair Polish FULL.

76 OF 80 PRODUCTS LEFT .

I thought I was doing it back when I first started my HHJ and using CD products, LOL! I think i'm going to call my daughter and step-daughter over for a little hair product shopping:lachen:

Good for you! :grin: You can also try listing items on the Hair product exchange forum.

Ok, I went shopping at Ulta today. I thought I'd treat myself since I got rid of so much stuff this week. I bought some Joico shampoos and conditioner and a new AG leave in detangler. I also bought some trial sizes of Giovanni shampoos and conditioners, some more grapeseed and jojoba oil from the Whole Foods store.

Cowashed again tonight. Just 1 more use of this bottle of Tresemme. And hitting my TW Mist Bodifier pretty hard. So it will be gone the first week of June :yep:

I will definitely have used up some conditioners by the end of June.

Melting my shea butter down and putting it in a smaller container is a win. Just changing the container is making me feel good about the amount I have.

I went out and picked up more of my staples that had ran out.

Crème of Nature Detangling Shampoo (Green bottle)...got three 8.45oz bottles, and picked up some Nexxus Emergencee while I was in CVS....I barely see it half the time so I had to pick up one.

Last edited:
Back