Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

@beautyaddict1913 - let me know if you like the chicken as I might need that recipe. Sounds yummy but I wouldn't dare tell the dh it's "watermelon..." or he might turn up his nose before even trying it. :drunk:

@Brownie518 - I will keep you posted.

@Brownie518 and @IDareT'sHair - I need to use my greenie. Since I only wash 1x weekly, everything is collecting dust. Washing more than 1x weekly is just too much for me. I'll work through some of the new items in due time.

divachyk it turned out great. I would add a little more spice next time and marinate longer but I used garlic powder and lemon pepper and then marinated the chicken breasts in a pre-packaged watermelon vinegarette and cut up green onions and put it in the oven. To truly glaze you can add a little water and butter to the vinegarette and warm it in a saucepan before applying to the chicken so that its a thicker consistency but I didnt do all of that lol.

Not like anyone cares but this crystal light packet I just put in my water bottle taste like medicine :computer:.

mkd
I cowashed with SSI's Pomegranate Conditioner, used hydrasilica as my leave in, then used the Curly Papaya Souffle. I liked the results. If I used a little more I know it would have been even better. I was worried about crunchiness. When I realized my hair wasn't crunchy I attempted to add more on dry hair and that's a :nono: at least with my hair. I will have to experiment because I know at the most I only used like a quarter size amount for my whole head.

The Pomegranate conditioner is interesting. It is not creamy & white like most conditioners. It is clear/grayish/brownish and has some type of soft granules in it. Maybe that's the marshmallow root.It was easy to wash out. When I rinsed my hair it was really soft .My coils were tighter rather than extremely stretched which is what normally happens when my hair is wet. Not completely sold. I only had a sample but it told me it was worth trying again. I will wait until a sale.

Good Morning ladies! Congratulations Brownie well deserved!

You all know when you work around alot of women you start to think, menstrual, and dress alike. Well its true to the internet imo, some of you already had a summer cold or something and darn it i got it right now. I was coughing, nose running yesterday, the i started to feel dizzy. I have vertigo so i'm hoping this cold don't set it off. I took drugs last night nd some this morning to sleep it off. So off to snooze enjoy your day!

Morning Ladies...My Home Phone is still OOService.:nono:

Half the time I hate when it rings, now I can think of 50-11 calls I need to make.:lol:

Up doing my Hair. Under the SteamA' now. Used up 1 "We Love Green" I have back-ups and also used up 1 Jasmine Honey Pear.:yep:

I used Tigi Dumb Blonde instead of Roux Mendex. I'll use either Tigi, K-Pak or Mendex again on Wednesday and Steam with Marie Dean Peach Syurp and finish that one up.

Jasmines site is gone. I'm really worried she may not open back up.:sad:

I must have missed out on something really special.

I have not purchased anything from HydraThermal Naturals, Jasmine's, MyHoneyChild or Claudie's. I'm trying to contain my urges.

Where are the Hair-Diva's of the U1 B1 today?:lol:

I finished my hair. Nice & Soft.:lick: Used up a couple of things did a very light (and I'm sure totally uneven dusting:lol:)

Hoping to get my Phone Service restored some time today. Bummer.:sad: And thinking about Wednesday Regi.

I pulled my SM Elxir out and will use this Oil to Seal. It's on the ground so I can easily replace if I choose to.:look:

And I need to look for that Marie Dean too.:yep:

*pours some Vo5 out for Jasmine*

Hey ladies, I finished a SSI okra yesterday, I love the way my hair feels after a protein treatment. My coils feel a lot more coily even though my hair doesn't really look any more defined if that makes sense. I always get HIH disease after a protein DC.

Watching "If God Willing and the Creek Don't Rise" about after Katrina. I had to turn it off and go soak my hand washables, made me so depressed.

Shampooed last night with Hennasooq's Cocoveda shampoo bar
DC w/Darcy's Pumpkin mixed with MSM - WINNER!
used Camellia oil, Pequi oil on my roots, and sealed but my butters mix.

That Marcy's mix was the bomb. I didn't want to mess that good thang up so I didn't use a leave. I use a semi-fine tooth comb and that was the easiest detangle session ever.

I don't know if MSM works w/every conditioner like that but I ordered some powdered MSM to try it out.

I went out to a club last night and I got like 20 hair compliments. I'm so glad to be out of my brace so I can go out!

I did a hour on the treadmill today, and washed my scalp with curl junkie daily fix afterwards.

@La Colocha Gurl....I needed you to talk some mess a coupla' days ago....:spinning:lurker issues* I know you woulda' been like:catfight:.......:lol:

You know how you Roll:look:

Yeah, I hope she comes back.:sad: I wanted to try that Body Frosting, but never did try any of her body products.

I take that back, Ms. B sent me a Shower Gel one time.:lick:

I will e-mail her soon & find out what's going on. Fab asked for some body products and she said: "Due to Slow Summer Sales" she would be not restocking at this time.

hey ladies :wave:

Today is hair day soI used up Mizani true texturs poo' (will not repurchase) and a Jasmine's A&S in browsugar buttercream (steaming with it now and will repurchase if she eva somes back :()

@La Colocha Gurl....I needed you to talk some mess a coupla' days ago....:spinning:lurker issues* I know you woulda' been like:catfight:.......:lol:

You know how you Roll:look:

Yeah, I hope she comes back.:sad: I wanted to try that Body Frosting, but never did try any of her body products.

I take that back, Ms. B sent me a Shower Gel one time.:lick:

I will e-mail her soon & find out what's going on. Fab asked for some body products and she said: "Due to Slow Summer Sales" she would be not restocking at this time.

Ask her about her etsy store.

Lawd what happened, pm me.:look:

La Colocha good to see you back!

Good afternoon ladies! Just trying to enjoy my Sunday before I have to start getting prepared for my morning meeting in the AM. Last night I ended up twisting my hair with KCCC and Komaza Califia Cream - I am almost done with the KCCC - I cant wait to use it up and toss it! I am almost done with a few items now - cant wait!

But what good does it do me to anticipate using up stuff when I am about to purchase some more stuff in August lol...I am thinking of ordering from the Hairveda sale - I hope those bundles arent "suprises" because I want to know what I am getting! But I really want more CoCasta oil, hydra-sillica mist, vatika frosting - and I want to try the green tea butter and methi sativa.

If I can get 20% off at Curl Mart I want to order Curl Junkie Curl Rehab and Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion so that I can try em before Black Friday!

IDareT'sHair I didnt know you had Marie Dean! How do you like it and what else have u tried from her?

HijabiFlygirl how do you like the hennasooq bars? Have u used Chagrin Valley to compare the two? I looked at them a while back but had not seen many reviews.

Zaz what did you use as a DC after using the SSI Okra?

Charz glad that you're off crutches and back to your exercise routine!

bronzebomb if u dont try nary nutha vendor on ur list u should try Claudies! I recommend the scalp elixir, the protein treatment, ends insurance #2, the gel for slicking back your hair into buns and puffs - I have a bunch of other stuff in my stash that I haven't tried but I plan to! Great, personal customer service and she has great prices and a SLEUTH of products to choose from lol

beautyaddict1913 I have 2 things Brownie gifted me. One is the Peach Syurp DC'er and another is a Amala something....just a Hair Cream.:yep:

I've been kinda saving it...:look: But they were both open so I need to concentrate on using it up.:yep:

beautyaddict1913 I didn't follow it up with anything even though the instructions say to. My hair felt pretty soft afterwards so I figured I could skip the jumping in and out of the shower. But I am going to DC with AO HSR today to make up for it.

eta you'd be better off getting the CJ from Aveyou, the shipping's cheaper and faster and right now there is a 15% off coupon code FIVE.

Last edited:
@beautyaddict1913 I didn't follow it up with anything even though the instructions say to. My hair felt pretty soft afterwards so I figured I could skip the jumping in and out of the shower. But I am going to DC with AO HSR today to make up for it.

eta you'd be better off getting the CJ from Aveyou, the shipping's cheaper and faster and right now there is a 15% off coupon code FIVE.

Thank u sooo much Zaz !! *runs to Aveyou*

Hello ladies.
Last night I shampooed my scalp with carols daughter and cleansed my hair with daily fix. Then I conditioned with claudies protein. I really don't like that on wet hair, only dry hair. Then I used Enzo blue malva as a leave in to braid. So far I don't like it. My hair does not seem to be soft or shiny. I am disappointed. I will try it again.

Back