Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

@Aggie
Wishing you the best on your Challenge.:rose: Go For It!
@IDareT'sHair, girl you know it's gonna be tough, but it's something I have to do. I really need to work on reducing my stash and repurchasing only my staples. There's just sooooo much products out there that I wish I could try but I have to remember I only have one head of hair and there is only so much I can do to it to keep it. besides, the less I do to it, the better it is for my hair. Case in point, here's a pic of my hair from doing a whole lot less than I used to when I first started:

Attachments

• 20160427_202450.jpg
    20160427_202450.jpg
    654.8 KB · Views: 16
Now I am DCing only once a week and moisturizing my hair and ends one to two times a week, using mostly sprays because I'm lazy. I have a home made hairdrenalin potion that I use maybe 3 times a week. I use 2 shampoo scalp brushes to massage my scalp through my big celies then do my inversions for a week a month. I wear wigs 90% of the time right now but when my hair reaches it's full potential or full BSL/MBL, then I plan to wear it out as an eye candy about 50% of the time.

I'll be using up some of my Redken Time Reset line, shampoo, conditioner and treatment next until finished. This line has been discontinued so I'll replace it with Kerastase Age Recharge and Reken All Soft and Redken Smooth Lock lines, but not until the Time Reset line is all done.

@Aggie
What year did you do your first BC?
My first big chop was in 2011, the second one in 2012 and the third one in 2014. It just wasn't going right for all that time because I was trying to do the same things to it as if I was still fully relaxed. I learned that my texlaxed hair should be handled more like natural hair, especially if it's virtually left on the hair for only 7 minutes or less with a lot of conditioner and oils mixed in with the relaxer. For some reason it worked best for me this way.

ETA: I was natural the first year of my big chop, but the second year, I texlaxed.

Back