Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

Used Up:
x1 Jakeala's Hibiscus & Flaxseed Cleansing Conditioner (x1 back up)
x1 Mission:Condition Candy Hair (no back ups - yet)
x1 Mission: Condition Honey & Marshmallow DC'er (no back ups yet)
x1 Hairveda ACV Rinse (x2 maybe 3 back ups)

I'm having dryer issues. I just got that dryer about maybe 6-9 months ago. :blush:

The Pole that you adjust is stripped, so it won't stay up. :swearing:

I would find that out right when I was getting ready to get under it.:wallbash:

Now I'm under my Mastex Rx with this Cathy Howse DC'er (requires heat).

My Neighbor took it and is going to try to fix it tomorrow.:nono:

So, I guess tonight I will have to Air Dry.

Will Steam with a Combo of M:C's Candy Hair mixed with M:C's Honey Marshmallow.

I'm "tempted" to look at a Soft Bonnet of some sort.:rolleyes:

curlyhersheygirl

I know Curl-Gurl. :ohwell:

Especially since I just bought that thang not too long ago. I hope he can.:rolleyes:

He loves to 'tinker' with stuff, so he might come up with a way to fix it. :look:

Or at least "Rig" it up so I can use it.:lol:

What ABP Oil are you using?

curlyhersheygirl

I haven't tried any of ABP's Oils. Oh, wait....I take that back - when she 1st Launched I use to get samples of her Ayurvedic Hair Oil inside my Purchases. :lick:

She's really branched out since then though.:yep:

I'd like to try her Coffee Oil and the Green Powerhouse everyone seems to love.

@Golden75

I only mix my Jakeala tutti into other DCs. I've never tried it alone. It has enhanced my DCs big time.

I also posted sale information in the sales thread and the APB thread. Friday, she will be having a sale on all oils. They will be marked down to $12 plus you can use the 20% off code for additional savings

Really? That's great! Man, I have enough oils though. :nono:

IDareT'sHair I also have the green powerhouse but haven't tried it yet. There is an oil I want to try but it has sulfur in it. If I can get it without sulfur I'll get that one too.

Sent from my XT1080 using LHCF

curlyhersheygirl

I was soooo happy to list those things I used up.:grin:

Then I wanna buy something else. :spinning:

Sick. Just sick I tell You!:nono:

Here are some of the 'older' DC'ers I wanna use up next:
Fleurtzy - yes I still have that.:blush:
BeeMine - Bee-U-Ti-Ful (have x2)
Camille Rose - Algae Mask
HV - Sitrinillah (have x2)
HQS- Peppermint & Coconut Mango or something
Naturelle Grow - Herbal Blends

These are old, old, old.:lol:

It's going to be HARD for me to use J.Monique Naturals Hibiscus & Broccoli DC'er (I can't stand the smell).:perplexed

I might end up pitching it.:look:

And Ya'll KNOW how I feel about throwing out products, but I hate the smell.:nono:

IDareT'sHair I'm using up the last of my CJ stash from the groupon deal of 2011. I also have oyin from 2010 and DB from 2011/2012. I may toss a Kyra ultimate I found in the back of my closet because it doesn't smell the same.

I forgot to mention.... I cut about 2 inches off last night. My ends were looking so thin, so I just parted ways with them.

About a year ago I was sad because my hair was starting to look thin. I've been working hard at trying to "thicken" it up. It Looks like it's progressing but I think it's largely due to me gradually trimming away thin ends and now doing a "cut".

I honestly feel like I need to cut more. I need my hair to be cut right under APL but just before BSL. I'm trying to not cut anymore but I'm scissor happy so I can't make any promises.

I don't feel I'm MBL anymore. More like BSL now. It's ok though. In no time, I will be back to my lovely length (with full pretty ends) :-)

It's going to be HARD for me to use J.Monique Naturals Hibiscus & Broccoli DC'er (I can't stand the smell).:perplexed

I might end up pitching it.:look:

And Ya'll KNOW how I feel about throwing out products, but I hate the smell.:nono:

This sounds like it would stank to high heavens.:nono: In a putrid sweet way.:nono:

I'm using up the last of my CJ stash from the groupon deal of 2011. I also have oyin from 2010 and DB from 2011/2012. I may toss a Kyra ultimate I found in the back of my closet because it doesn't smell the same.

curlyhersheygirl

:blush:

Me Too! I still have an Argan & Olive Conditioner and I'm using my last Repair Me from that deal.:nono:

I have a Liter of Oyin Honey Hemp. Not sure when I bought it, but I think it was after 2010. So.....maybe 2012?:look:

Same for DB DC'er (I have about x3). The rest of my DB is pretty new. x2 16oz Bottles of Pumpkin Seed. (I got x1 on a Swap with you).

I try the no-buys, the buy less, the one in-one out, all of that, and I'm still unsuccessful. Lol.

meka72

It's a Process.:spinning: I've done all of those.:lol:

You may never ever be a fully reformed PJ, but You'll find that sweet spot for you.:yep:

This sounds like it would stank to high heavens.:nono: In a putrid sweet way.:nono:

natura87

Too Perfumey for my taste. In the reviews and on YT, everybody is saying how good it smells.:blush:

To me it Stanks! And I know I'm not going to be able to finish it. :barf:

I don't even wanna use it as a cowash, pre-poo, nada.:nono:

I have absolutely no use for that stuff.

Beamodel I need a good cut too. I cut two inches about a month ago. I seriously have about two more to give. I'm over the length. Just give me health dangit.

Does the yogurt in the HH's Liquid Gold Cake Batter cause issues for anyone. I have used it twice this week and all seems wonderful but wasn't sure what the impact of yogurt would be.

Beamodel I need a good cut too. I cut two inches about a month ago. I seriously have about two more to give. I'm over the length. Just give me health dangit.

Does the yogurt in the HH's Liquid Gold Cake Batter cause issues for anyone. I have used it twice this week and all seems wonderful but wasn't sure what the impact of yogurt would be.

divachyk

I have it. Something in it isn't moisturizing my hair like how the soft coconut marshmallow & the pink lemon berry mimosa is.

It could be very well the yogurt in it or the emulsifying wax in it. My hair don't like that wax at all.

@Beamodel

I remember Liquid Cake Batter wasn't one of your favs.:yep:

I keep pulling out my x1 little lonely jar of Carrot Cake Frosting.

I use a couple 'dabs' and stick it back in the Fridge.:drunk:

By the time I got hipped to it, she had stopped making it.:ohwell:

I read in another thread that Jakeala's Cinnamon Spice (or something like that) smells identical to the Carrot Cake Frosting.

So I'll pick that up in the Shea Amala Parfait during the Sale.:yep:

My Carrot Cake Frosting is 'grainy'. Which is a negative.

Even though I think it melts down nicely, upon application, it's still grainy.:perplexed

Last edited:
Apb is having an amazing sale ladies

UPDATED SALE INFO: Prices Slashed! Starting MIDNIGHT 1/23/15. All of our infused oils will be marked down to $12.00! Also our Leave In Conditioners, Creamy Leave In Pudding, Annabelle's Moisturizing Hair Cremes, Pomades, Hair and Body Buttas, and Annabelle's Moisturizing Conditioner will be marked down 25%. These GREAT offers can be used in conjunction with our 20% off coupon code: BEAUTY. Sale ends 1/26/15. Get your orders in NOW before our TEMPORARY STORE CLOSING midnight 1/26/15. We will reopen March 2nd, 2015 with a HUGE Relaunch Sale!

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

IDareT'sHair

I still gave 1 1/2 if carrot cake frosting. I love that stuff but I'm not using it bc she don't make it anymore.

Good to know Jakeala parfait cinimmon one gives the same scent.

Jakeala parfait is giving my ends life and knocking any other butter out of the park right now...

Back