Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did some bantu knots on dry-ish hair. I like them but I need more practice and I think they would look better if I did them when they were wet. I could do them with transitioning hair no problem but now that I am totally natural it is really hard. There is a job fair tomorrow so I am going to have to do my hair again and head out to that tomorrow morning.

Does Alba make more than one leave in? T and others who use the alba leave in, can you review it for me?

The Alba is a creamy leave-in.:lick:

It's mid-weight. Not to sure if it would be too heavy for your hair tho'?

Not sure if they have 'others' but I really liked this one.:yep:

My coils were pissed but now we're friends again. I did a protein dc on Sunday because I thought my hair felt a bit mushy and thought I saw some breakage. Me acting like my hair is relaxed or transitioning I didn't follow up with a moisturizing condish :nono:. I never needed to before going natural though :look:. The curls weren't having it though. They decided to stop looking like a hot, frizzy, bushy mess yesterday. That SSI Marshmallow Hair Cream brought them back to life. I will admit I could've cowashed and brought them back to life earlier but I was in a bit of denial :lachen:.

i am so weak lol. i decided to break down and order kbb either tomorrow or friday. i really liked the was the hair butter made my hair feel.

Hey ladies, stopped by to check in. Idk about this sulfur8, its helping a little with my itching but its making my roots dry. I still have my burnt sugar pomade and i know some people use it on their scalp. I guess i can try that even though it has wax. I guess its no worse than grease. I used some k-leave in to moisturize, the batch makes too much. I may cut the recipe in half or just leave it, i will have enough left over for wash day, its doing ok in the fridge. Since i know how much it makes i will only need a bottle or 2 of kckt instead of 4 or 5. I have been thinking of my wash day routine already. Im going to wash with bs water mixed with some tea tree oil and peppermint oil to help with my scalp, condition with moisture manic mixed with sweet almond oil. And do a hot with shea oil for 30mintues. I might pick up some goats milk or coconut milk to mix with the shea oil for extra conditioning. Also in about 2 weeks i will do my trim, its about that time.

My coils were pissed but now we're friends again. I did a protein dc on Sunday because I thought my hair felt a bit mushy and thought I saw some breakage. Me acting like my hair is relaxed or transitioning I didn't follow up with a moisturizing condish :nono:. I never needed to before going natural though :look:. The curls weren't having it though. They decided to stop looking like a hot, frizzy, bushy mess yesterday. That SSI Marshmallow Hair Cream brought them back to life. I will admit I could've cowashed and brought them back to life earlier but I was in a bit of denial :lachen:.

Girl the colochas will let you know when you do them wrong, im glad you got your hair back to normal.

Ya'll we sure keep alot going on on this Hurr Thang!:lol: We be busy!:lol:

So...I bought a little $20.00 Clearance Wig today on my Lunch hour.:look: It's pretty cute ( at least I think so:look:).

I will start out with this one Oct, Nov, Dec. pitch it and pick up another 'cheapie' for Jan, Feb, March. At least, that's the plan.:grin:

I never want to pay no more than $50.00 bucks for them because I consider them "disposable"

So, I ain't tryna' wash 'em and all that other stuff. When/if they start looking "ratty" just pitch it and get a new one.:spinning:

T, i went to the bss a few weeks ago and saw what i thought was the cutest wig. it was maybe apl with bangs and it was straight hair but thick and kinda course. mannnnn i was about to buy it until they told me it was tracks:ohwell:

T, i went to the bss a few weeks ago and saw what i thought was the cutest wig. it was maybe apl with bangs and it was straight hair but thick and kinda course. mannnnn i was about to buy it until they told me it was tracks:ohwell:

They have some really cute ones.:yep:

I don't like to get them "too silky" for fear the may appear 'overly fake':blush:

chebaby--Did you get that foil thingy you were talking about from the BSS? Were you talking about what Splinta used in her you tube video?

You & LC recommended her channel. Thank you! I love her hair, style, accent, hubby....I guess I kind of stan for her. She seems like a fun person.

no, shay i forgot all about it. i still want it though because its an easy way to deep conditioner. yea i got it from splinta's video. i love her channel. her banded wash and gos are so beautiful.

Tonight:

Finished Up!

1 Hairveda Whipped Ends Hydration

have 1 Back Up and "Several" on the way.....:look:

**okay ya'll don't judge...ya'll know my ends are as robot would say: a disatuh:lol:*

shoot if the whipped ends work, keep stocking up. i surely would lol.

i cant believe that so far i have yet to co wash. i plan on co washing friday or saturday and using my big ole bottle of aloe gel(the bottle is so cute lol. thanx T.)

I found a new use for KCCC. I am going to use it as gel for when I twist and braid my daughter's hair. I used it tonight on her edges and it held well.

using my big ole bottle of aloe gel(the bottle is so cute lol. thanx T.)

You're Welcome Girl. :yep: When was I gon' use all that Gel?:lol:

I found a new use for KCCC. I am going to use it as gel for when I twist and braid my daughter's hair. I used it tonight on her edges and it held well.

It's Great when you can find "Multiple" uses for a product. That's great mk!

Switching back to Claudie's Ends *for now*:yep:

T i used to hate gel. but now i use it quite often lol. i use it to slick down my puff, on twists and i use it through out my hair if im doing a shake and go. i try to use only natural gels but sometimes they have a tendency to get hard too. like kccc.

oh and i think i remember somewhere people saying they add aloe gel to conditioner??? i think its a source of protein?

T i used to hate gel. but now i use it quite often lol. i use it to slick down my puff, on twists and i use it through out my hair if im doing a shake and go. i try to use only natural gels but sometimes they have a tendency to get hard too. like kccc.

Aloe Vera Gel worked like a Charm when I was phony-bunning.:lick:

I just bought a little too much.

I think I got a little carried away:lol:

*Hard to believe uh???*:look:

T--I didn't get the mention notification because you didn't use my full screen name. I think the system is quite particiular. I'm sure it needs to be spaced and capitalized appropriately too.

Che--Did you get a notification for my mention? I just want to make sure I'm using it correctly also.

Alba Botanical Leave In is what I would normally use in the fall/winter bc it has a thicker,creamier consistency than Giovanni and DB's Daily Leave In. I tended to use those in spring/summer. A little bit definitely goes a long way,great ingredients, and it is scent free. I like it alot . It gets the job done.

Che, didn't you try this before too? re: Alba Botanica Leave-In?

no ive never tried this. i did have a conditioner but i cant remember if it was alba or abba.

shay, yes i got the mention. took me a while to locate it though lol. this site is so confusing now.

Hi Ya'll. What's mention mean? :perplexed

I'm sure I'll figure it out.:nono:

Nothing's up. On my way into the Office. I'll check w/ Ya'll later.:grin:

I used: Some nbdcosmetics hair pomade and a little Njoi Herbal Tea Spritz gettin' ready to find this WIG to slap on.:look:

Will pull out my new one in October. I'm excited.:lol:

Morning Ladies.

Today is my Birthday!!!:grin: I am counting my blessings and embracing this change in age as it is a change in seasons as well. I'm definitely a lot wiser than previous years.

Today I'm going to NY&C and Bakers since they give birthday discounts. I told my friend I would behave myself since I like to buy things in multiples.:lol:

I did a bantu knot out yesterday and it came out nice. I learned that I need to sleep with the bonnet dryer on or else my hair will never dry. My roots were a lil puffy but it helped to give it more style and volume. Today I will spritz the rough looking ones with my rosewater spritz and knot them back up for a couple hours or I may wear one of my new hats and let them air dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back