Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2009 pt.2

Hey guys I just did my aubrey organics review and my afroveda moisturizers and stylers followup review!

Hey guys I just did my aubrey organics review!

CB: I Really Enjoyed this Review. The Music.... ummm.........:spinning: (not so much).

It was distracting me from really being able to listen/follow what you were saying.

Thanks for taking time to put these together.

Thx!!!!!!!!! I;ll be more mindful of the sound next time. David said it was ok:rolleyes:

You Tell David:lachen: Hairlistas want to be able to concentrate when they are contemplating purchasing an item.

We Need to Hear Errthang that is being said. It takes careful thought.

Your Reviews are just so incredibly "thorough" you don't want people to skip to the next one because the music is too "edgy":blush: especially if it's a Product they're Interested in.

I want to be able to fully decipher what you're saying.

Good job on finishing the jojoba oil, i just realized mixing my prepoo that it take forever to use oil up, even using it on a regular basis, keep up the good work. Yall gonna turn me straight out on jojoba butter:lachen:have you used it before?

No, I had never used the jojoba butter before. I got it as part of my sample from Garden of Wisdom.

Let's talk about what takes forever to use up--oils, shampoo, shampoo bars, moisturizers, protein treatments, leave ins. I did say in an earlier post that I go through spray leave ins fast but that's because I use them to wet bun but otherwise it takes forvever to use leave ins up.

Let's talk about what takes forever to use up--oils, shampoo, shampoo bars, moisturizers, protein treatments, leave ins. I did say in an earlier post that I go through spray leave ins fast but that's because I use them to wet bun but otherwise it takes forvever to use leave ins up.

Girl, it's taking me a Minute to use up everything.:rolleyes:

I think I go through my Daily Moisturizers i.e. butters, grease, pomades etc...faster than anything else. My Conditioners and DC's seem to take forever. :perplexed

One of my best decisions was to incorporate the use of a Weekly Reconstructor. I have so many of those too.

But doing this has been a BIG plus (especially for my hair).

And the weekly HOTS will also help with the Oil Use Up.:yep:

^^Yes. It takes me forever to use up my shampoos and protein treatments. Leave ins, too.

One of my best decisions was to join this Challenge and not get new stuff until I use stuff up. I have gotten my conditioner stash down dramatically. I had to give away a lot of leave ins and deep conditioners, though.

Last edited:
I know for me its shampoo's, oils, moisturizers, and dc's. Conditioners will go faster because im going to use them also for hot prepoo's when the ytc mask is gone and the silk elements conditoner.

Seriously I probably don't have to buy shampoo or moisturizers for a year or more. Also my ayurvedic powders last a long time too. Cassia will be my first reup.

I used up the ashlii dc that mama sent me. I have another jar in the reserves. I mixed my afroveda hibiscus oil and ytc mud mask together as a prepoo and that can be a dc, this combo made my hair sing, i was not going to put the ytc on my rebuy list but i think ive changed my mind, hallelujah:drunk:. I think my wash day is going to go into tommorrow also, after i rinse the ashlii out im going to put in my butter dc and then keep it in overnight. Im tired now and i just want to chill out.

So Far, I don't Need to Re-Up Any Specific Product i.e. 'poo's, dc's, leave-ins, daily treatments.

Not Even Henna or Indigo. I am Good.

My Purchases Going Forward are Only "wants":rolleyes:

So, whatever I Buy at this point, will be nothing more than a typical "outta control" Junkie Purchase.:lachen:

*hopefully, I will be able to keep those urges under wraps.*

So Far, I don't Need to Re-Up Any Specific Product i.e. 'poo's, dc's, leave-ins, daily treatments.

Not Even Henna or Indigo. I am Good.

My Purchases Going Forward are Only "wants":rolleyes:

So, whatever I Buy at this point, will be nothing more than a typical "outta control" Junkie Purchase.:lachen:

*hopefully, I will be able to keep those urges under wraps.*[/QUOTE]

May the force be with you:look::lachen:.

This Wednesday, I am going to try and use up my HSH Pumpkin Puree Masque. I won't repurchase this for now, but it does work great on my hair!! Smells so good, too! I need to do a quick recon on my products, see what I can get out of the way real quick.

I used up the ashlii dc that mama sent me. I have another jar in the reserves. I mixed my afroveda hibiscus oil and ytc mud mask together as a prepoo and that can be a dc, this combo made my hair sing, i was not going to put the ytc on my rebuy list but i think ive changed my mind, hallelujah:drunk:. I think my wash day is going to go into tommorrow also, after i rinse the ashlii out im going to put in my butter dc and then keep it in overnight. Im tired now and i just want to chill out.

Thanks for the reminder about adding oils to condishes. Imma bout to go add some oil to my HE while I'm thinking about it :yep:. I plan on doing this to help with getting rid of some these oils that don't wow me.

This Wednesday, I am going to try and use up my HSH Pumpkin Puree Masque. I won't repurchase this for now, but it does work great on my hair!! Smells so good, too! I need to do a quick recon on my products, see what I can get out of the way real quick.

It's funny you should say this, but I just went through my products and categorized ALL of them:

• Eliminating
  • Staples
  • Not Quite a Staple
  • On the Fence
  • Have Yet to Try
It was quite refreshing! :yep:

Me too, my goal is to try and use up at least 1 thing a week.

Thanks for the reminder about adding oils to condishes. Imma bout to go add some oil to my HE while I'm thinking about it :yep:. I plan on doing this to help with getting rid of some these oils that don't wow me.

Your welcome, i like doing hot prepoos, instead of just hots.

It's funny you should say this, but I just went through my products and categorized ALL of them:

• Eliminating
  • Staples
  • Not Quite a Staple
  • On the Fence
  • Have Yet to Try

That is a really good idea americka, i should do this myself, thanks.

i spent all that time putting in twists and then i took them all out. they werent as cute as the last ones and i just couldnt leave them in. oh well....

• Eliminating
  • Staples
  • Not Quite a Staple
  • On the Fence
  • Have Yet to Try

This is EXACTLY what I need to do this week!! :yep:

I made a mistake last night and used Darcy's Leave In instead of Alba so I had to move it to a different basket. I would really like to have tried all of my new stuff by BF. Still to try:

Hydratherma Naturals Leave In--it is really watery so I already know it won't be a repurchase

Alba Leave In

Komaza Shea Butter Lotion

Carol's Daughter Hair Milk--This will be really a use up since I am cutting her product line. I used this back in the day but this is a new formulation.

Giovanni's Nutrafix

Afroveda's--Cocolatte, Curly Custard, and Moroccan Hair Treatment

Cucupua (sp?) hair butter

Claudies' Edges Pomade and Protein Deep Conditioner

I made a mistake last night and used Darcy's Leave In instead of Alba so I had to move it to a different basket. I would really like to have tried all of my new stuff by BF. Still to try:

Hydratherma Naturals Leave In--it is really watery so I already know it won't be a repurchase

Alba Leave In

Komaza Shea Butter Lotion

Carol's Daughter Hair Milk--This will be really a use up since I am cutting her product line. I used this back in the day but this is a new formulation.

Giovanni's Nutrafix

Afroveda's--Cocolatte, Curly Custard, and Moroccan Hair Treatment

Cucupua (sp?) hair butter

Claudies' Edges Pomade and Protein Deep Conditioner

Black friday is at the end of november? I think you will have plenty of time to try out your stuff. Let me know how you like the cucu butter and how it compares to the morrwah(sp). I tried a sample of the komaza shea butter hair lotion a long time ago but my hair did not like it. Actually when my hair was shorter it didn't seem to like much of nothing. Now that its longer it seems like it excepts products better, or i just have found the right ones now.

Today im going to rinse out my dc and moisturize with tw mist and seal with jojoba butter. I will alternate between sealing with jojoba butter and shea amla butter this week. Im hoping that the tw mist will be gone by friday. I have 4 more bottles of that, because when i ordered the 32oz she sent me 4 8oz bottles of the mist. I would have really like the big bottle so i could just refill the sprayer. I might try to mix half mist and half water to see if it works the same because even though i have 4 more it will not last me until april.

Back