URGENT: Please help me pick my hair color!? (pics)

Whimsy

In my efforts to not cut my hair I'm playing with color when I get bored with it instead.
So I'm going to the salon today for a color. I want light brown...I think. But not sure what pics to bring with me to suggest and not sure what colors would be too light for my skin.

What do you guys think of these?

And what other celebs have had light brown hair that I can look to for inspiration.

Thanks for the help girls!!!

images

images

images

images

images

Thanks I like it too I just worry that it won't work w/ my skin tone. ::fingers crossed::

I think the last color looks good, but aren't you afraid of damage. It just seems like so much effort put into healthy hair to risk damaging it (majorly) by bleaching it. :ohwell: I'm too scared to die my hair anything bright.

Not scared at all or I wouldn't do it :grin:

I currently color and keep my hair healthy. It can be done! :yep: Tho we most often hear the horror stories.

I am not sure if either of these works for you. The color of the hair is too warm. I think if you went with a rich brown with highlights of a light brown or blonde, it may work for your complexion.

I don't even like the light brown hair on these ladies :/

I am not sure if either of these works for you. The color of the hair is too warm. I think if you went with a rich brown with highlights of a light brown or blonde, it may work for your complexion.

I agree. Hair that is too light washes you out...Also the summer sun will lighten it even more.

I think the color Naomi is wearing would look good on you.

The first Leela James pic would be a good color as well.

I agree with ReadyOne and crlsweetie the colors are to light for you skin. I like the color in your sig. A reddish brown would look good with you skin tone.

Didn't you color your hair recently? I would be careful with coloring over hair that has been previously color treated. Don't want anything to happen to your beautiful hair :D

Out of the pics you posted I like the beyonce's color best. Maybe it's the wig, but Tyra's hair looks washed out with an almost grey undertone in that first pic. Now that i think about it, all of those pics are wigs or weaves, maybe you could try one instead

I agree with this. Something like Megan Good or Gabby's highlights would look really nice with your skin tone.

meagan-good-preview.jpg

gabrielle-union-hair.jpg

gabrielleunionwarmbronhaircolor.jpg

2c20a478.jpg

I think highlights would work better for you than a full colour if you had your heart set on any of those colours.

Thanks to ALL!!! I ended up getting a color similar to what I had but lighter. reddish orangish brownish and I love it!! pics soon. It's close to the Naomi color in the orginal post. :yep:

Last edited:
Back