Uptight!

This is where you get it twisted. Demanding respect is one thing, and that is why so many black women are single. My husband doesn't stay out all night every night because I demand that he comes home. He comes home because he wants to. I don't nag him and DEMAND that he do this, that or the other. That is the difference.

Your spouse should be respectable, but I believe one should willingly give it. So many black women have this since of entitlement, and that is the very reason so many are single. Until many learn this difference, the 70% statistic will continue to be in full effect.

So yes, I think the OP is uptight, but then again, Im cuddling at night with my hubby of almost 20yrs because he wants to be there, not because I am demanding that he do that.

This is a late reply, but I don't think anyone has as much as a twisted perspective as the one you shared. So you think that black women are single because they "demand respect"? You can miss me with that for real and group me into the rest of miserable black women who aren't lucky enough to be married for 20 years like you. "Black women have a sense of entitlement" because not everyone likes their husbands coming home at 3am frequently? WOW.

Back