Updates... (PICS)

Absolutely Gorgeous!! If I had your hair, I would go natural in a heartbeat!!

KiWiStyle

You can do whatever you want with your hair, I have been on the forum for about 6 years (lurked for about a year before joining) and just realized that a flat iron job can be this good on me :lol:. It's all a learning process.

Great! I started using Fantasia ic Heat Protector Serum as my product for straightening. It sure does wonders.

And if I had read your whole post, I would have seen where you said in September 2010. :spinning: I just read that first part of the sentence before the comma and then looked at your pics. I thought to myself, "her hair ain't mid-neck length. I guess she cut it after these pics." :lol::drunk:

Poohbear
I like their serum too. Smells good, good price, does the job :grin:

I'm definitely going to monitor who I let even my hair up next time, its how I ended up at neck length twice in the past 4 years :nono:.
I do my own dustings about every 2 months, and that's been working well for me.

Last edited:
So pretty! You and the hair! I love the straight pics too, you did a great job straightening natural hair! So shiny and pretty.

All these pics of hair goodness. :drools:

I love your hair! Its incredible how straight you got it in one pass. Its soo silky n' shiny. *_*

Your hair AND skin are gorgeous!

Skin regimen, please? :yep:

I use a brand called Beautycycle (Earth version for oily/combination skin) cleanser, which I exfoliate with once a day, toner I try to use but often forget and day lotion once a day after washing. I try to use shea butter on my face at night but have been forgetting that often too.

Link to beautycycle products:
http://www.amway.co.uk/catalog?category=10427

Beautiful hair, Aviah!!
Thanks KP, where have you been? Wasn't even sure if you were on here anymore...

I use Juice Beauty for my face and my skin had never been clearer and brighter. I use their blemish clearing cleanser, hydrating mist (toner), micabella moisturizer. I use their apple peel 1X week and rejuvenating mask 1X a week.

you have beautiful hair! great progress :) love the flat iron job but you have

yummy curls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beautiful hair! I think I like your progress because one day I want to try to cut my hair into a bob with no relaxer and I want the option of growing my hair out if need be. Beautiful hair both short and long:yep:. Your flat iron skills are wonderful.

you have beautiful hair! great progress :) love the flat iron job but you have

yummy curls !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I was just thinking "yummy curls?" but I actually know what you mean :lachen:

Beautiful hair! I think I like your progress because one day I want to try to cut my hair into a bob with no relaxer and I want the option of growing my hair out if need be. Beautiful hair both short and long:yep:. Your flat iron skills are wonderful.

RegaLady
You can do it, but it was hectic. Short hair is more maintenance, and flat ironing the back which was sooo short was a problem. Plus if you get any reversion its a hot mess. I would never go that short again, especially without a relaxer. If you're hair was anything like mine, it's a lot of work.

Last edited:
Aviah gorgeous as always... put the scissors down -_-

enhanced-buzz-8955-1331845716-1.jpg

:lol:

Aviah, your hair is beautiful, both in it's natural state and flat ironed. Your ends look great and don't appear to need a trim. Have you considered using a Split-ender? It works great, but make sure you get the real one and not the knockoff.

Aviah gorgeous as always... put the scissors down -_-

enhanced-buzz-8955-1331845716-1.jpg

:lol:

SummerSolstice:lachen: You know I have a thing about ends. Its not a real trim, just fixing the hemline!

Aviah, your hair is beautiful, both in it's natural state and flat ironed. Your ends look great and don't appear to need a trim. Have you considered using a Split-ender? It works great, but make sure you get the real one and not the knockoff.

newgrowth15
I've heard about the split ender, I'm not sure what I think about it. How doe you keep the blades sharp, or do you just have to buy a new one each time?

Hey Aviah, it's been age, Can't believe you had you hair cut. It's grown beautifully

Uber It was never meant to be that huge of a cut :lol:
I hated it for so long...

Last edited:
@newgrowth15
I've heard about the split ender, I'm not sure what I think about it. How doe you keep the blades sharp, or do you just have to buy a new one each time?

Aviah, the blade is good for about 1 year, then you just change the blade. I bought the knock off one and it didn't work at all. My daughter got a real one for Christmas and it worked beautifully.

It looks so pretty. My hair NEVER turns out like that when I try to flat iron my own hair. Mine always looks so stiff. Yours looks so healthy.

Back