Updated my regimen

Boadicea

If you click the first link in my signature, it should take you there.

I just got my hair trimmed and I'm so happy. It's the most even it's been in years. I had my mom take off an inch and a half.

Also, my natural hair is growing in pretty quickly. It's creeping it's way to 3 inches (it's a little over 2 1/2 inches right now) which is big for me because my hair doesn't really grow so fast. My last relaxer was in late October. So I went from 0"-almost 3" in a little less than three months. I'm hoping for my new growth to be at least chin length by the end of summer.

I tossed out some things from my old regimen (namely Samy Moisture shampoo and conditioner, LeKair Cholesterol Plus, and Miss Keys 10 en 1 to name a few), in favor of REDKEN's Smooth Down line and CDHHB. I use everything from the Smooth down line except the Heat glide, which I will use once every three months when I flat iron my hair to give myself a trim.

Also, I have given up the baggie for the wet bun and phonypony. I have also added an aresenal of hair accessories to my collection (clips, bun cages, and hair sticks among them).

I'm thinking that I'll occasionally do my staple cornrows and baggie method. In which case I'll add Hairobics Detangler oil to the regimen and EVOO from FNWL as well.

Cool, your hair is an inspiration.
smile.gif

It's good to hear that you're still having success with Redken's Smooth Down Line. It's even better to hear that it works well on your natural hair! I bought all the Smooth Down products at the end of December, but haven't gotten around to trying them yet. I have quite a bit of new growth, so hopefully these products will help me manage it.

I'm tossing the 10 en 1 because the Smooth Down conditioner does an even better job of detangling my hair.

Originally, I tossed the Creme of Nature Shampoo for the 10 en 1, but the Smooth Down conditioner beats them all.

Thank you
smile.gif

After rinsing the Butter Treat from my hair, I comb it all backwards with my wide tooth comb. I then apply a quarter-sized amount of Salerm 21 and smooth it through my hair from roots to ends.

To apply, I rub my hands together, lightly, and with one hand I put the Salerm 21 on the canopy and the other I put iton the base. Then I smooth both portions to the ends. This way, all of my hair is covered.

I then comb through my hair again, and put iti n a ponytail to airdry. Since it's so dry in the winter, it takes about half the time to airdry as it does in the summer. When it's dry, I put my hair into a bun or other protective style.

Back