Update on the 8 month braid challenge

OshunCurls said:
Thanks for the encouragement, Candice!

You are so right- I'm liking these twists more and more as time goes on. I can just throw them back in a ponytail and be done! I don't have to worry about what I will have to do after working out, or about my ends being exposed in this cold New England weather, or devoting hours to a rollerset.

But I will probably end up replacing the time I would spend on my hair on LHCF! :)

Are you in braids rights now, too? How's it going?

No prob. That's what we're here for!
action-smiley-032.gif

I've got zillions in now and they're coming out in 1 1/2 weeks. I like not having to think about my hair so much. I've been using that time learning on here and getting my regimen together. I am looking forward to a two-three week break though so I can deep condition and see how my hair likes some new products I bought.

@ Oshun - girl i SWEAR to you i got head :) For real. I just know how to angle the camera so ya'll can't see it ;) hahahahahaa

I've had my micros out for three weeks now, I will be getting them put back in over the weekend and I'll keep them for 2 months. Like last time I'll use surge 2x's a day and better braids oil every other day. Doing the braids has really grown my hair!

I went to Fa on Friday and got my hair done. I LOVE it! :woot: This is the first time I have ever been 100% happy with my braids. They are tiny though but since I did not feel any pulling or irritation I am not worried. The salon is nice and clean and the ladies are all friendly. Every last one of them do a good job, the owner did my hair. I think Aggie is the one to go to if you want cornrows (she is the best at them). HTH

Hello Ladies

I've been following this challenge since it began, but I didn't have the subscription so I couldn't post. I've been doing it with a sew in weave. I plan on alternating betweens braids and sew in. I would like to officially join the challenge now.

Around 7 hours including a lunch break (approx20 min). The front and all the edges are braided and the middle is weaved. I got the brading hair from some random bss but the weave hair is hisandher.com clearance weaving hair since it is really cheap and I find their colors to be very rich. I am so happy, I have never been 100% satisfied before with my braids. I ALWAYS change something and it is so liberating to not feel like you have to go home and fix your braids. I will be a customer for life, lol.

cutebajangirl said:
Around 7 hours including a lunch break (approx20 min). The front and all the edges are braided and the middle is weaved. I got the brading hair from some random bss but the weave hair is hisandher.com clearance weaving hair since it is really cheap and I find their colors to be very rich. I am so happy, I have never been 100% satisfied before with my braids. I ALWAYS change something and it is so liberating to not feel like you have to go home and fix your braids. I will be a customer for life, lol.

Your braids look nice. When I first saw it only took 7 hours for braids that small I was thinking -what? :eek: But then I read that it's weaved in the middle so I'm guessing that's why it didn't take longer. I've never known of anyone to do that. Interesting...

Here's my update: I took my braids out over the weekend. It took me about 45 hours total to take down 308 braids. I kid you not. Mostly because they put tight little knots in the hair to keep the braid together. I didn't cut the knots for fear of cutting my own hair. Needless to say it took a long time to work those knots out. Even as much as 30 minutes for some of the braids. I missed my little second job on Saturday and church on Sunday trying to get them things out. I've got a lot of new growth since I started this challenge (Oct.) I'll be relaxing on Wednesday.

Hey everyone!

I just had my cornrows taken out today...I had them in for 1 month. I am planning to get my hair rebraided early Saturday...not sure if I want to get boxbraids....?

CandiceC said:
Your braids look nice. When I first saw it only took 7 hours for braids that small I was thinking -what? :eek: But then I read that it's weaved in the middle so I'm guessing that's why it didn't take longer. I've never known of anyone to do that. Interesting...

Thanks Candice and CH.

Back