UPDATE: My FIRST Curly puff :) [pics included]

FAMUDva

My first puff.... at least it's the first one since I was at least 10 years old :)

I'm so excited about my progress thus far! Even the heat damaged area doesn't bother me as much lately.

I need LHCF HONESTY! Please don't try to spare my feelings by telling me it's cute when you think it's jacked up... hahaha! I need tips on how to do it CORRECTLY, so please ladies, be honest with a sista :)

In the morning before leaving for work; you can still see the heat damage in the front (slightly damp hair)
DSC02212-vi.jpg

DSC02214-vi.jpg

This is what it looked like after work but before workout:
DSC02223-vi.jpg

DSC02226_rotate30581-vi.jpg

close up; completely dry
DSC02228-vi.jpg

DSC02222-vi.jpg

Last edited:
Your natural hair is very beautiful. Jacked up should not be mentioned in the same sentence as your hair - not at all.

Your natural hair is very beautiful. Jacked up should not be mentioned in the same sentence as your hair - not at all.

Thanks :) I am getting used to it and thanks to suggestions here and on NC.com I've been doing the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor to help deal with the heat damage. I think that's why I think it's not so great. But I'm learning to love what I have right now and not to sit and wish for what I may (or may not) have months from now.

I'm at work and can only see the first pic, but it looks like a good puff to me. I don't think you can do a puff wrong. Do what works for you!

Well, if this makes you feel any better, I wish I had your hair - heat damage and all:grin:. It looks healthy, the color is rich, and the texture looks soft and manageable. Start from there to appreciate what you've got:lick: - it's very pretty.

Thanks :) I am getting used to it and thanks to suggestions here and on NC.com I've been doing the Aphogee 2 min reconstructor to help deal with the heat damage. I think that's why I think it's not so great. But I'm learning to love what I have right now and not to sit and wish for what I may (or may not) have months from now.

I think it looks good. :up:Keep up the 2min aproghee and if you can find it try Revive and Restore Anti-Breakage Hair Repair Creme @ sally's it will really help with heat damage.

did you BC? when? :look:

your hair looks great!

:grin:

yeah what she said when did you bc and how long did you transition:yep:

Thanks ladies :)
See, I didn't actually big chop... it took 2 mini chops to get here (1st in Feb 09, and 2nd April 09). I hesitated to post that I was all natural because I was all hung up on the heat damaged front. But I've sense realized that even with the heat damage, it's definitely 100% natural... Shoot, after trying to detangle after the last trim gave me a clue. :look: hahaha

My last relaxer was Dec 12, 2007. So it was about 15 and a half months before he took off the remaining ends.

It looks really good. What products did you use?

Thanks! Today I used a little Eco Styler gel to slick the front and for the puff I used my water spritz bottle and a little Aveda Be Curly Curl Enhancer cream.

Last edited:
OK..FAMU..I'm going to be brutal..it's a H.A.M. Psych!!!!!!

Your hair looks beautiful :yep:!!!!!!!!!!
:lachen: Y'all think I'm playing, but I don't want y'all talking about how crazy my hair look on the side while telling me it looks good. LOL! I depend on LHCF to let me know when I'm looking like a damn fool before someone in public tells me. hahaha!

Thanks!

Back