Unrealistic Expectations - Current Pic Of Hair

leona2025

I have been pretty disappointed in my hair for the last year or so which lead to me neglecting it.When I think of thick hair, I'm thinking of the thick weaves I see people wearing or the natural 4anythings that straighten and I guess maybe that is causing some unrealistic expectations for my own hair. When I look at it all I see is thinness, but I've been told it's not. It makes me uncomfortable to wear it out, so I am habitually in a bun.

I dyed my hair VIA bluest black with a touch of Adore emerald and jazzingsc lear. I only bought one bottle of VIA so I mixed it to stretch. I'm hoping the color will give the illusion of thicker hair.

Im going to get a cut today. I used my sister's Style House flat iron and it did a great job. I'm
working towards thickening up and suggestions? 20160320_104619.jpg 20160320_104641.jpg 20160320_104646.jpg

I think folks are so used to weaves they do have unrealistic expectations about what their can do....
I am just now realizing this. I have never had a weave, but I am thinking of maybe having a track or two sewed in the back for extra thickness. As it is now I haven't worn my hair straightened cause I hate it.

I wonder what that would look like

Your hair is gorgeous and it doesn't look thin at all to me. :)

I think it's like when people start seeing really thick or long hair on other people and then when they look back at their own pictures their hair doesn't feel as thick or as long as it did before they looked.

Trust, it's still thick especially if people are telling you it is.

I've noticed that too. It's amazing how quickly you can start thinking an enhancement is normal. I've been thinking about getting a good pair of clip ins for a while now. Have you tried using a volumizing mousse?

BTW your hair doesn't look thin to me. Looks good.

I agree that clip ins and weaves create unrealistic expectations.

But look on the flip side of things. You have beautiful long hair that so many of us work hard to achieve. So much so, that many methods like clip ins and weaves have also backfired and damaged our progress.

Why not take a step back and learn to love what your hair can do instead of holding on hair envy?. It's really beautiful, but you need to see the beauty in it for yourself.

Bi*ch please... I'm sorry but when I saw your hair my first thought was..." Next thread please" Every response here is positive saying you have beautiful hair and it's not thin.... I may be wrong but I do not see a problem with your hair and do not see a need to give you advice. I'm a real bi*ch, OG... And all I see is a need for confirmation that your hair is beautiful... It is... We all think it's beautiful... Go now...fly, fly, fly!

Lol Ladies I thank you, but what you really need to see is a pic from the back and then you can see what I am talking about. This is a whole half of my head. Here is a pic my sister took for me. I haven't had a chance to get me cut yet.It looked thicker in my Siggie, but I remember I got it cut then too because it looked thin. b716b032-2d4a-4383-8549-e8a3248719fa_zpsymgdy1xq.JPG

I think a trim will help. Your hair may not look like 5 bundles sewn in but is still healthy. I agree with other posters. Continue healthy hair practices and regular trims and enjoy what you have.

Use a lower heat setting so that you have more texture/volume.

Also you can do some pincurls or flexirods to make it look thicker. Layered hair looks fuller when each layer is curled. My straightened hair looks thin to me too, so I try to keep the ends curled.

Nah. Looks great. You texture looks similar to mine when straightened or relaxed. So what I noticed was that while it was shorter it had volume for days but as it got to your length and longer it looked much thinner. I think because it's heavier? I could be wrong. The only way to remedy that was to get a lot more layers which meant a a shorter style. But as your hair is in those pics? Forget it. It looks nice, silky, and healthy.... And not thin :)

Back