Unexpected HerStyler Experience: With Pics!!!

Galadriel

Yeah, I know my avi says I'm hiding my hair till May, but I had a great opportunity that I JUST had to take advantage of :grin:.

Well, I took the day off today because I had to take my laptop to the Apple store. I found out I had a deficient battery and my computer would shut off unexpectedly and not even fully charge even when plugged in. My whole LIFE is on this computer! I use it to take roll at work, create assignments/worksheets, type up my school work, and of course there's LHCF :lachen:. So I had to get the computer fixed pronto, and I knew it was the battery so the process wouldn't take long.

Anywho, on to the hair...

As I was leaving the Apple store with my laptop I passed by one of those kiosks that sold the HerStyler ceramic flat iron. The guy there was very friendly and once I started talking to him I found out that he was the owner of that kiosk in addition to several others located in the L.A. area. He said he had been doing hair for 13 years and lived in NY before moving to Europe and finally returning. Well, today I just did a cowash, slapped some coconut oil on my hair, and wore a half-up half-down poof with a hair zing.

He offered to flat iron all my hair for free! So, I thought "Why not?" Well we continued talking and had a very pleasant conversation. Just for fun, I would ask him questions about hair growth and hair care, just to see what he'd say...little did he know that I was giving him an LHCF Quiz.

He talked about minimizing heat on the hair, about being gentle with the hair (esp. curly hair), and he talked about pre-pooing with Olive Oil, etc.
It was music to my ears :yep:.

Of course, I bought the flat iron!
(and the deep condish, the serum--which is comparable to SMB, hair and body mist, and the creme moisturizer--will report on them as I use them).

My hair came out great, but I may need a trim soon as my ends aren't looking so hot :sad:. However, I'm about 3 inches away from BSL :yep:.

100_1737.jpg

100_1730.jpg

100_1725.jpg

100_1720.jpg

100_1719.jpg

Wow! Beautiful and shiny!

How hot did it get? Did it take long for him to do your hair, compared to you doing it yourself? Did he have to go over the hair only once, or more than once for each section?

Wow! Beautiful and shiny!

How hot did it get? Did it take long for him to do your hair, compared to you doing it yourself? Did he have to go over the hair only once, or more than once for each section?

It gets really hot, and he only went over once. I liked how once he went over the hair, you could immediately touch your hair and it felt warm but not burning hot. It took a while b/c we were talking the whole time and he wanted to take smaller sections...I would say about 30-40 min.

It gets really hot, and he only went over once. I liked how once he went over the hair, you could immediately touch your hair and it felt warm but not burning hot. It took a while b/c we were talking the whole time and he wanted to take smaller sections...I would say about 30-40 min.
Ok...sounds good!

I purchased one a few months ago, it works well. After a while though I noticed that when I had products in my hair I was getting a burning smell from it and eventually my hair would feel burned also. It didn't do that initially. If there isn't any product in my hair though it works fine.

Looks good, I think I would be scared for someone from the "mall's kiosk" touching my hair - let along flat ironing it. But he did a great job - you lucked out.

I agree your hair looks great! I recently tried Herstyler (the serum and flat iron) with very good results and wrote in this forum that it was a surprising HIT.

My friend uses all of Herstyler products including the shampoo and conditioner and her hair is waist length.

Also note that Amazon sells their products cheaper than the Kiosk.

Back