underprocessed

wish4length

I gave myself a relaxer about two days ago.
I'm officially becoming a self relaxer. I didn't burn and that's something that is very important to me.
My question is, is it okay to reapply relaxer to the under processed section when it is time for a retouch?? Or should I just leave it alone?

Thank you.
I was wondering because I read somewhere where underprocessed hair was just has bad as overprocessed hair, so I wasn't sure....

I just relaxed yesterday and parts were under-processed. This has never happened to me before, but I know i didn't want the relaxer to sit on my edges for too long. What are the dangers of under-processing?

I have done that, right before I'm on my way to wash it all out.

It sucks to have to wait 'til next relaxer time to do the correction, but that's how it is.

I did not suffer any ill-effects from under processing, it just gets puffier and has more texture than the rest of my hair.

I haven't had any problems with my underprocessed hair from Dec '09. I agree that it definitely has more texture and frizz than the rest but it's fine; doesn't tangle or break. Instead of trying to retouch that section and risk over processing, I just left left it alone. It will eventually be trimmed off.

I've done corrections successfully in the past. I will only do it on a section once, if it still doesn't take for some reason I just let it go. I've never had any damage and always wait no less than 4 weeks before trying a correction.

I came out seriously underprocessed on Friday.:ohwell: I am already thinking of regi's for that particular area to implement until October (next relaxer):yep:

I plan to just keep it DC'ed and moisturized and keep a watchful eye on that area. But I won't be doing any corrective(s).:look:

I'll just wait it out until my next relaxer, by continuing to implement Healthy Hair Practices. Co-Washing, Weekly Reconstructor my Usual.:yep:

I came out seriously underprocessed on Friday.:ohwell: I am already thinking of regi's for that particular area to implement until October (next relaxer):yep:

I plan to just keep it DC'ed and moisturized and keep a watchful eye on that area. But I won't be doing any corrective(s).:look:

I'll just wait it out until my next relaxer, by continuing to implement Healthy Hair Practices. Co-Washing, Weekly Reconstructor my Usual.:yep:

I've decided to do the same thing:yep:

I gave myself a relaxer about two days ago.
I'm officially becoming a self relaxer. I didn't burn and that's something that is very important to me.
My question is, is it okay to reapply relaxer to the under processed section when it is time for a retouch?? Or should I just leave it alone?

I think that would be ok just don't put the relaxer on those underprocessed parts for another 15-20 mins. You may want to wait until your done touching up your newgrowth then tackle the underprocessed portions last maybe the last 5 mins right before you rinse.

Back