Underprocessed Hair

Isis

Those of you with underprocessed hair, are you doing anything special about it? I've been living with underprocessed hair for a long time now and got used to the pretty waves, like texturized hair would have. Can this be a problem one of these days? Should I run a relaxer through this part of my hair or is that too risky? I think some of you mentioned you too have underprocessed hair and you're leaving it be. Please share your comments about this.

I've suffered with it for about a year. Most of it was corrected after my last touch-up. Anyhoo, I didn't have patience with mine and would blast a comb or brush through it. I'm suffering the repercussions as we speak. The rougher you are with your hair, you will start to see splits everywhere.

Just be extra gentle.

Thanks Karonica. I don't have any problems with splits so I think I'm treating my hair pretty gently. I only comb it anyway when I'm detangling in the shower after conditioning. Did you leave your relaxer on the underprocessed part the same length of time as the rest of your hair?

I've been underprocessing for about 2 years now or since I cut my hair above ear level, and my hair is about 4 inches past my shoulders and so much healthier and bouncey. I like it because it allows me to keep some of my natural texture for really pretty braidouts. Then when I want to wear a straight style I just wrap and flat iron.

So Beautifulmane (love your name!), you are underprocessing on purpose, kind of like texturizing your hair? Sounds like your hair has grown a lot this way!

Maybe I should just continue doing what I'm doing because my braid outs do look great and my hair looks thick and healthy. I haven't tried flatironing yet so I don't know how it would look straight. Thanks for sharing your experience, it really is encouraging to me!
smile.gif

If all your hair is underprocessed than there shouldn't be a problem--but if your hair is underprocessed and then it's straight in other spots on the same hair shaft--it's more likely to break. This has happened to me in the past...but overall, I think now that I texturize, my hair is a lot healthier and thicker...
drunk.gif

Back